Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
in thhe year 2048, programming will be very different:

- computer mouse will be your hand instead of in ur hand. u slide ur palm on the table to move the screen around

- three button mouse! (🖖🏾) first windows (🖨) invented 2 button and then apple (🍎) invented one button. really excited to hear who invents three button! cant wait to use third button!!

wow! cant believe what amazing stuff is gonna happen

what changes do u envision for the future of prgramming??!?? !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
sex robot APIs are gonna be really bad for awhile.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
put on your google glass v4 and play pipemania to connect to servers

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

in 2048, the computer will program you!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
computer

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

sex robot APIs are gonna be really bad for awhile.

they use react

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
computer will rule all, humans dead

computer will program computer

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Poopernickel posted:

computer will rule all, humans dead

computer will program computer

frankly i'm on board with this result

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
In the year 2048, you wont need a desk to put computer — computer will float in the air wherever u want to program, and optimize ergonomic height and positioning

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
in 2048 computer will be a 4x4 grid. you program it by sliding tiles to add them togteher and make computer numbers.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

european and north american computers will argue about whether it's the year 11111111111100 or 00111111111111

libertarian computer will smugly insist it's the year 800 but nobody will listen to it

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
in 2048, programmers simply ask the computer to make whatever cool thing, and it does that beyond anyone's expectations

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

lol if you think human life still exists in 2048

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
in 2048 you program by speaking "computer write me a program that does this:"

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

siri assign integer five to x

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

in 20765 you still have to do the same dumb poo poo

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

programmers will still suck and there will be so many security flaws CVE will need to add 3 more digits

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
in 2048 the java version will be 34 but otherwise no major changes

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

swift on the server

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

all software is compiled to javascript, even javascript which is now called scripting.js and purports to be an easy framework for managing all the applescripts that comprise most major projects. in actuality it is just another infection vector into your software for the now globe-spanning and ever-present google mind which rules the globe with an iron but fair fist, so long as you meet your ad quota for the day it is almost paradise

also the python community will just start to agree that most projects should be written in python 3 now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

the year is 2048. god emperor trudeau has decreed all developers must be chemically castrated before returning to work, ushering in a centuries long golden age of peace and prosperity

• Locked thread