Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

live from Zagreb https://www.facebook.com/ABCNews/videos/10157447203648812/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

SRCE MI GORE

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

drat i got the chills watching that it was epic

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Our brave boys

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
:toot:

The first half looked so bad, I was becoming apathetic. It was obvious we'll lose the semi and later the third place match too. Out of sheer desperation, I said "I know they're tired but they can't be this tired 10 minutes in. They are playing this slow on purpose! They chose a pace they can keep for 90 minutes and they'll strike when the English grow weary."

:toot:

Forum upgrades for 5 posters itt if we win the whole drat thing. :)

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Congrats man, enjoy the celebrations! Hopefully you'll get to make a special champions sticker album

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm so happy for Croatia, Mandzukic and Perisic are two of my fav active players and Big Mario scoring the game winner and then accidentally dogpiling on top of the cameraman was amazing, those pictures are gonna be iconic i think.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Simone Poodoin posted:

Congrats man, enjoy the celebrations! Hopefully you'll get to make a special champions sticker album

Ha, this would own.

I hope Croatia wins, even though I can't stand Perisic because of my ABI glasses, he is quite good when he wants to be. Everyone else just owns outright.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Wife sent me a video of them watching the game with her parents and i made fun of how she thought mandzukic had a flag that said Slav Bro on it and she got really mad and hell probably still is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/anitakovacevic_/status/1017185044094332928

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Hello fellow Croatians

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzkWybytaWA

Dejan's going to get busy with Jules Rimet and already has his moves down.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
world cup winner dejan lovren is going to be loving weird to say

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mila kunis posted:

world cup winner dejan lovren is going to be loving weird to say

Thankfully not quite as weird as World Cup and Champions League winner Dejan Lovren.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Did you know Croatia stole the Dutch flag? True story.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Wow, Davor Suker got old.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Croatia own and I hope they win the thing against France. I am glad they appear to be tireless robots who will be unaffected by having played a full 90 minutes more than the French in the knockout stages.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Did you know that France also stole their flag from the Dutch?

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
mods embed this if Croatia wins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2FlO5OndKI

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

well, the dream is dead

but what better place for it to die than the final

Croatia took my heart in 98, and they did it again this year. It was a joy to watch them come this far

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

puppets freak me out posted:

well, the dream is dead

but what better place for it to die than the final

Croatia took my heart in 98, and they did it again this year. It was a joy to watch them come this far

Thanks (I say that as if it has something to do with me)

If we had to lose, this was a decent loss. I know that France likes to give posession but we really seemed superior in the first half. Too bad Subasic had a bad day. All 4 shots were difficult but I think Courtois for instance would've caught at least one.

After the initial shock people are celebrating the second place. :) Stopping traffic, flares, car horns, the lot.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Unlike perennial bottlers the netherlands, Croatia's loss was not a choke imho

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

Too bad Subasic had a bad day. All 4 shots were difficult but I think Courtois for instance would've caught at least one.

He looked pretty crocked no? He had zero power pushing off on both of those goals, i mean i know he was screened on both of them, but it looks like he was totally unable to push of on that side.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Oblak would have saved them. Time to annex slovenia. Koper je naš.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

vivisectvnv posted:

He looked pretty crocked no? He had zero power pushing off on both of those goals, i mean i know he was screened on both of them, but it looks like he was totally unable to push of on that side.

He was obviously still injured from pulling his hamstring against Russia and I can't believe more isn't being made of this

e: and England only managed to capitalise on this once in 120 minutes

Monday Bandele fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 16, 2018

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Monday Bandele posted:

He was obviously still injured from pulling his hamstring against Russia and I can't believe more isn't being made of this

e: and England only managed to capitalise on this once in 120 minutes

France were shooting on sight as soon as they figured out he couldn't move properly, it is ridiculous that England never twigged to that.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Our replacement goalie Kalinic is good. If Subasic was injured, there was no reason to play him. Dalic kept repeating the whole tournament that only fit players will play.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
If there is one thing that is unequivocal about the modern game of football, it's that only the cream of the crop, the best of the best, the fittest of the fit make the starting eleven.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Doctor Malaver posted:

Our replacement goalie Kalinic is good.

Debatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Croatia created three of the 6 goals of the game, so it was a moral draw imo.

• Locked thread