Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A Seinen artist with almost thirty years of experience, Saruwatari has brought several classic manga for those who like people getting their asses kicked.

Riki-Oh

The year is 1999. Societal and ecological decay have brought humanity to the brink of collapse. The mysterious Saiga Riki-Oh has a Star of David mark on his hand and is brought to a private prison as he looks for clues about his origins and his destiny. People get their loving BRAINS punched out of their heads.

(Riki-Oh had an OVA adaptation and inspired the GREATEST live-action movie inspired by manga of all time which had a stellar dub. I cannot recommend watching it enough)

Dog Soldier

The Rambo/Commando (the villain of one of the chapters is straight up Bennett) of Manga, starring JOHN KYOSUKE HIBA as a former Green Beret who served in several black ops missions but deserted and became a hobo in Japan. Now he is forced by a sleazy CIA operative to return to the field during the end of the Reagan era...

(There's an OVA!)

The Hard

Kenji "The Hard" Hado is a Bounty Hunter acting in the hellscape known as 1980-1990s New York. Wielding a M60 machinegun almost his size, he becomes a crack-shot when completely boozed, accurately ripping people in half with a hail of bullets! He must now protect his daughter from being target by the Mafia.

(There's an OVA!)

Koukou Tekkenden Tough/Tough

The story of Kiichi Miyazawa, the heir of an ancient assassination martial art known as the "Nada Shinkage", it starts with him as a High Schooler learning about his family's style while entering fights and fighting tournaments, but things turn to the dramatic once Kiryu Miyazawa, Kiichi's uncle and real rear end in a top hat in general, appears and becomes a looming threat to him and his father, believing Kiichi reluctance of using the Nada Shinkage to kill his opponents is a weakness of his.

There are a few offshoots of this manga such as Oton, starring Kiichi's dad and Hank Hill impersonator living life as the buffest Salaryman in Japan.

There's also some assorted stuff by him that I recommend as Dokuro (Former assassin for cultists seeks revenge against them. Includes a scene where he fights an old wheelchair-bound lady that packs a pair of MAC-10s) and Oniwakamaru (Literally Devilman but with Oni)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I forgot to mention but in Dog Soldier, JOHN KYOSUKE HIBA punches Reagan in the face and Kiryu from Tough hosed George W. Bush's daughter

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I can vouch for the Riki-Oh OVA, it's a goofy, schlocky mess that's just a great film to watch and riff with a bunch of friends.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its a shame that Koukou Tekkenden Tough hasn't been fully translated but Tough owns. Its so ridiculous in a good way

riki-oh is the best manga ever made though no doubt

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I prefer Oton to Tough personally.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Riki-Oh is one of the greatest manga of all time and is a must read if you enjoy martial arts or action manga in general

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
edit: i confused two very similar authors

Relin fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tough Art Evolution

• Locked thread