Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Goofs

When Jason (Brian Bonsall) flees into the Cave of Monsters to escape the bullies (Donny Pintauro, Josh Saviano), we see him almost run into a surprised Bub. After the cut he is speaking to Bob. Running the animatronic dinosaurs cost too much to go back and fix the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Trivia

While Bubble Bobble (1988) borrows heavily from Steven Spielberg's E.T., Spielberg has said that his then three-year-old son Max would watch the film again and again, requiring Spielberg to purchase a second VHS copy. Spielberg would use the film's innovations in animation to create many of the effects for Jurassic Park (1993).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bubble Bobble was a moderate box-office success, owing largely to its popularity in East Asian markets. After seeing the film, Nintendo president Minoru Arakawa assigned a team to research the possibility of a Super Mario Bros. movie. That film's more-realistic depiction of Mario's dinosaur companion, Yoshi, was inspired by the film versions of protagonists Bub and Bob.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Goofs

When Jason (Brian Bonsall) flees into the Cave of Monsters to escape the bullies (Donny Pintauro, Josh Saviano), we see him almost run into a surprised Bub. After the cut he is speaking to Bob. Running the animatronic dinosaurs cost too much to go back and fix the shot.

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The AV Club: Bullies, bubbles, and bodyshaming: How 1988's Bubble Bobble tried to tackle bulimia (and nearly succeeded).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The AV Club: Bullies, bubbles, and bodyshaming: How 1988's Bubble Bobble tried to tackle bulimia (and nearly succeeded).

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

FactsAreUseless posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

JASON: Jennifer, look at Bub and Bob. They use their powers to spit out bubbles to defeat DregCorp, not to ruin their teeth and esophagus. And when they eat food such as fruit or ice cream or umbrellas, it makes them stronger. Don't you see?

JENNIFER [sniffling]: If I control my urges... I could use them for good...

JASON: Yeah! Now you're thinking with bubbles!

BUB: [reassuring screech]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lol

• Locked thread