Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Part of the reason I love it is, to my young mind at the time, the very idea of the Seru and the whole magic system was cool as gently caress and I loved the poo poo out of it. Mind you, I've always been a fan of Guyver and similar animes, so the whole 'living/sentient armor' bit is an easy way to get my interest :v:

2 replaced it with a generic-rear end 'spirits of the elements' type thing :saddowns:

yeah the Seru was so cool, and there's a surprising amount of funny character writing in Legaia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Robindaybird posted:

yeah the Seru was so cool, and there's a surprising amount of funny character writing in Legaia.

The dialogue in that game is very odd because it's very child-like while still discussing incredibly dark topics. Maybe that's why I like it, because it reminds me of Animorphs on that front

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Man, I definitely like Animorphs, but that series is like the prime example of parents not properly vetting what their children read. My parents disliked depictions of violence and would never buy games or anything with that as a central conceit. Then they'd buy me Animorph books because it has transforming children on the cover.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Keldulas posted:

Man, I definitely like Animorphs, but that series is like the prime example of parents not properly vetting what their children read. My parents disliked depictions of violence and would never buy games or anything with that as a central conceit. Then they'd buy me Animorph books because it has transforming children on the cover.

Is it time for another installment of "Man Animorphs is SUPER hosed up"?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
God, Animorphs :negative: I had every single book from 1 up to like... 40-something when I heard how the series ended on such a huge wet fart and it just... crushed me. I gave all of them to a cousin.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Onmi posted:

Is it time for another installment of "Man Animorphs is SUPER hosed up"?

I thought all children's books have child soldiers and slavery in them?

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I loved Animorphs for never shying away from how hosed up almost forever war is, and how that ruins people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

There is a new thread. It is a sequel to this thread. Perhaps go check it out!