Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rixle
Feb 7, 2011
I have to take a last minute road trip from East Ontario to Southern Manitoba going trough the great US states of Michigan (upper peninsula), Wisconsin (northern), Minnesota and North Dakota (eastern) over the 4th of July week.

Since I need to spend at least 72 hours within US borders, I'll need to spend 3 days appreciating the Midwest life style while driving through. The "major" cities near my route are Green Bay, WI, Minneapolis, MN and Grand Rapids, ND.

I have no idea what's in Green Bay, except for the Packers.

I've been to Minneapolis before but aside from staying for a couple of days at the University of Minnesota, and checking out the Mall of America, I have no idea what Minneapolis has to offer.

I have no idea what's in Grand Rapids.

Aside from these cities, I have no idea what there is to do or places to stay along my route.

Would love to hear from any Midwest goons who have advice for places to check out along or nearby I-94 or the upper peninsula in MI.

Things I'd be looking for are parks and/or lakes, breweries, heart attack inducing restaurants (it is the Midwest after all) and hotels/motels which are reasonably priced where I will not be likely to get robbed/shot.

Since this is fairly last minute I haven't done much research into the topic so any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread