Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I just randomly looked her up on wikipedia and she's gotta be the oldest living author I've ever read or heard of. Let's talk about her books.

I loved the cover of Strider when I was a kid, but when I found out it was a sequel, I made myself read Dear Mr Henshaw first. But all along I was just thinking about that adorable welsh corgi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Beverly Cleary? Probably weary.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can see Cleary now
Her brain has gone

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Doppelganger posted:

cover of Strider

The video game? I'm not clear on her work.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Frankly this is extremely impressive because she's 102 and still completely with it and walks around and does events and stuff still.

Meanwhile my own grandma is 27 years younger and looks like the cryptkeeper, can't stop pissing herself and thinks it's 1973.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Franklin W. Dixon is still churning out Hardy Boys books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I liked the Ramona books and mouse one!

I didn't know she liked cats!

...or did she...?

Naw, I'm sure she did...

probably kill that cat to absorb its life essence.

• Locked thread