Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like one of the gems you can miss is in the first town and it's literally "Did you go in and out of this room enough times that this guy fishing was in the right location for you to talk to him and he'll give you the gem?" what the hell kind of cool player immersion is gained by not just knowing that going into the game instead of discovering it in your fourth or fifth playthrough (he is in the correct location way less than 1/4th of a time, and there is no indication in game that he's important. once you've advanced to the first major dungeon, you can't go back).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

like one of the gems you can miss is in the first town and it's literally "Did you go in and out of this room enough times that this guy fishing was in the right location for you to talk to him and he'll give you the gem?" what the hell kind of cool player immersion is gained by not just knowing that going into the game instead of discovering it in your fourth or fifth playthrough (he is in the correct location way less than 1/4th of a time, and there is no indication in game that he's important. once you've advanced to the first major dungeon, you can't go back).

ok cool. dont use a guide for terranigma

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

ok cool. dont use a guide for terranigma

i'll trust you on this but i'm going to remember it and if, half a century from now, i beat Terranigma and there's a lot of time left on the mophine drip and i look it up and it turns out all i needed to do for the bonus stuff was to press A next to a spoon or something, i'm going to yell "I hereby place my most foul deathcurse on Trying to Jack Off," and the nurses are going to be very confused.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i'll trust you on this but i'm going to remember it and if, half a century from now, i beat Terranigma and there's a lot of time left on the mophine drip and i look it up and it turns out all i needed to do for the bonus stuff was to press A next to a spoon or something, i'm going to yell "I hereby place my most foul deathcurse on Trying to Jack Off," and the nurses are going to be very confused.

if your really stressed about it look up who to vote for in the election then put the guide away and never look again, thats the only critical thing that can truly ruin it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

if your really stressed about it look up who to vote for in the election then put the guide away and never look again, thats the only critical thing that can truly ruin it

thx, i'll keep that in mind. now that i think of it, illusion of gaia is kind of unique that way, like i don't think you can actually miss much in Soul Blazer. you can just go back and get whatever it is you forgot about like 95 percent of the time. IoG is definitely a better game for a lot of reasons but it's way more on rails and sometimes if you don't lean out of the train car, you miss the last stop. it's not even like in ff5 where there's like a bunch of blue magic and piano songs you can permanently miss and who cares, really, you can miss a single gem out of 50 and never learn who the Jeweler Gem is.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Here it is

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

is it the vampires? also, have you clicked my depressing illusion of gaia link yet?

Yeah I read that link a long time ago. Truly depressing poo poo

If you played the game a million times, try the US prototype before Nintendo bought the rights to the game.

It was really interesting that Nintendo paid for and took control over a third party game like that. The only other time I can think of them doing that was Xenoblade for the Wii and even that was just a limited release to shut fans up.

The boss that they changed was that flying one in the sky dungeon. They changed his look and made him harder.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gaming's greatest hogs

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gaming's greatest hogs

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEBzsTf6kjs

The videos anti-DSP guys make are like esoteric Dadaist pieces and I want to take a bunch of them and screen them at Cannes or Sundance or something

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEBzsTf6kjs

The videos anti-DSP guys make are like esoteric Dadaist pieces and I want to take a bunch of them and screen them at Cannes or Sundance or something

oh my god pitch shifted DSP has the exact same cadence as Jon from Delocated.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In Training posted:

Lmfao

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training posted:

Wow it’s true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

https://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet/

it's like my 3rd playthrough and i wanna get the platinum trophy so this has been useful but my god it hurts to imagine someone using this their first time thru the game

This website makes me want to shoot people in the head with a Colt 1911 whose barrel is polished to a mirror sheen.

• Locked thread