Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roadkillcafe
May 12, 2018
Has anyone gone about putting runes into their campaigns or seen it used in others? I'm trying to implement them into my campaign and trying to avoid a WH40K power creep. So far none of my players have had access to them and they're just used to explain how so of the features of the world work but at some point would love to let them have a crack at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
As a mechanic? Rune could mean anything, is it like glorantha ones or something else?

Clyfe
Mar 21, 2013
Just finished a session where the DM had placed an insane Rage curse on an entire town using runes scattered about on the rooftops. At night everyone went into rage mode (women, children, grandmas, everyone) and killed each other only to wake up the next day perfectly fine (FUN). Trying to get rid of the runes using dispell magic worked, unless you didn't roll high enough, in which case it blew up in your face. I spent half the session putting out fires from the less than competent casters...I am Wizard Fire Chief.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Roadkillcafe posted:

Has anyone gone about putting runes into their campaigns or seen it used in others? I'm trying to implement them into my campaign and trying to avoid a WH40K power creep. So far none of my players have had access to them and they're just used to explain how so of the features of the world work but at some point would love to let them have a crack at it.

My game was doing fine until I included some old runes for the players to explore and in the runes they found super ultra space marine armor for everyone and now they are OP and the whole thing is completely unplayable.

ᚦᛁᛋ᛫ᚹᛟᚢᛚᛞ᛫ᚾᛟᛏ᛫ᚺᚨᚡᛖ᛫ᚺᚨᛈᛈᛖᚾᛖᛞ᛫ᛁᚠ᛫ᚹᛖ᛫ᚺᚨᛞ᛫ᛃᚢᛋᛏ᛫ᚢᛋᛖᛞ᛫ᛚᛖᛏᛏᛖᚱᛋ

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 28, 2018

• Locked thread