Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stay Dicey
May 25, 2018

You heard right. I don't have a credit card. It's debit for me, haha. You could consider me what they call "financially responsible"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
you should write SEE ID on the back

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
hey buddy you should sign up for overdraft protection PRONTO

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001
Enjoy having no money or way to make purchases if your card is compromised.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
better get some whole life insurance, it helps protect your whole life so it's better than the other, stupid insurance.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
Dave Ramsey is so proud.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
This is actually financially irresponsible, because everything effectively costs you 2% more in cash-back bonuses you're missing out on.
Also various free warranty extensions and insurances and things that credit card companies do that people mostly don't take advantage of.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
But can you make your own ice?

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

roomforthetuna posted:

This is actually financially irresponsible, because everything effectively costs you 2% more in cash-back bonuses you're missing out on.
Also various free warranty extensions and insurances and things that credit card companies do that people mostly don't take advantage of.

To be fair for most of that stuff they dick you over as much as possible. I've tried using the price guarantee stuff for my card half a dozen times and they always find a way to wiggle out of it.

Cash back rewards are legit af tho.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I don't know my 2 years old decided to yank the antenna wire on a 2 day old TV and knock it over on top of his head, thank goodness it was a super light lcd whatever TV. Needless to say his head ruined the TV. Amex did a full refund from one picture. Monoprice slow shipping I blame you!

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Raldikuk posted:

To be fair for most of that stuff they dick you over as much as possible. I've tried using the price guarantee stuff for my card half a dozen times and they always find a way to wiggle out of it.
Absolutely they try to wiggle out and/or just make the process painful enough that you just won't bother. I have successfully used the automatic warranty extension with Discover though, and it wasn't even super painful, to get a fridge repair paid for (which was like $400). It did require still having a receipt after the manufacturer's warranty had expired, but luckily receipts are email these days.

For anything less than $100 it wouldn't be worth the effort of filing the claim, and keeping track of what warranty-window things are in is a pain. It worked in Discover's favor too though, in that now I use their card in preference to Chase's one, all else being equal.

svenkatesh
Sep 5, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Not to go OT, but I've had no problem using purchase protection, return protection, and the warranty extension on AmEx. Granted, I only have about 1 claim every couple of years, but it's nice to have.

Also, WF's cell phone insurance is amazing. They replaced by iPhone after water damage, no questions asked.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Hey OP, if you have open lines of credit then you will have higher credit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
If you plan on getting a house any time soon and can't buy it outright, good luck getting a mortgage. No credit = no loan.

• Locked thread