Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's due to EA fuckery but Criterion games went from making the Burnout Series to Battlefront 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
-Infinity Ward, which went from developing great games like CoD2/CoD4/MW2 to developing subpar games like MW3/Ghosts/AW because most of their best devs left to make Respawn Entertainment
-Neversoft, which went from making all the good Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games to co-developing the subpar post-MW2 IW CoD games
-Raven Software, which went from making decent games like the Heretic series and the last actually good Wolfenstein game (2009) and Singularity, to co-co-developing the subpar post-MW2 IW CoD games
-Respawn Entertainment, which has had most of its most promising senior devs that made the first two Titanfall games good move back to Infinity Ward in recent months

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I.N.R.I posted:

? i heard the official f1 series was pretty good these days, codemasters do that right. plus dirt rally which definitely was good

Perhaps I’m being too harsh but GRID 2 and DIRT 4 were fairly dumbed down. DIRT 4 was supposed to get DLC and they just forgot about it fairly quickly. DIRT rally was a return to the olden days but we may not see that again

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wow its so hosed up the game devs of a cash in churn out racing game used a model that some modder illegally ripped out of something else

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm premourning respawn because theyre going to release a single star wars game now and then get shut down, if they're lucky.

EA might do em even worse.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

julian assflange posted:

Perhaps I’m being too harsh but GRID 2 and DIRT 4 were fairly dumbed down. DIRT 4 was supposed to get DLC and they just forgot about it fairly quickly. DIRT rally was a return to the olden days but we may not see that again

they're working on dirt rally 2, i think i remember seeing it on a developer blog when they announced that they were finished patching and updating the game

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Plutonis posted:

It's due to EA fuckery but Criterion games went from making the Burnout Series to Battlefront 2

to be fair they only did the spaceship flying in battlefront 2 which is the only remotely fun part about the game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

to be fair they only did the spaceship flying in battlefront 2 which is the only remotely fun part about the game

carving up large chunks of a giant game to hand over to your many studios means your game and publishing house is too drat big and theres no overall direction to the game

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Free Radical going from TimeSplitters to making the brown korn game for Ubisoft

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Milkman posted:

Free Radical going from TimeSplitters to making the brown korn game for Ubisoft

Cannot parse whether this is a face or heel turn.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

gonna play wolfenstein 2009 again thanks thread

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

wolfenstein (2009) is not on steam or gog who the hell owns it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

wolfenstein (2009) is not on steam or gog who the hell owns it

It’s weird cuz I think technically both Activision and Bethesda own the rights which means it can’t be sold anywhere. You can find the 360 version for pretty cheap though.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

As a result of low sales figures (only 100,000 copies were sold in its first month), Activision laid off employees from Raven Software.[35][36] The game has been unavailable digitally on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, or Steam since 2014 for unknown reasons.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Cannot parse whether this is a face or heel turn.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

gonna play wolfenstein 2009 again thanks thread

same, except it's Return to Castle Wolfenstein

• Locked thread