Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguine-Sam
Jul 4, 2018
Hello I'm doing a let's play of Army Men for the pc I saw someone request it in LP request and I hold some nostalgia for this series but have not played the older games so I started with the first one.

Army Men is a real-time tactic and strategy video game. Released in 1998 for PC, it is the first initial release of the Army Men video game series. The player guides Sarge of the Green army through tests of skill, guile, and resourcefulness in a war against the Tan Republic.

Plot

The time is in the early 20th century. In the Plastic World, the commander of a group called Tan has sworn to conquer all territory of the Green and claim them for his own. The Tan is a Nazi-like group of mega maniacal tyrants bent on world domination. The Green is a group that is fighting to protect themselves from the growing Tan threat. But Tan territory covers most of Green`s borders, making it possible for Tan to invade from all sides of Green territory.

When the Tan invasion begins, the Green troops respond with weapons of the time. (grenades, rifles, mortars) However, the Green defense fails and Tan pushes further into Green territory, conquering everything in its path.

But a slim hope arises. A special unit, the Green sarge, comes to Green`s aid and is able to stop the advance of Tan. Now, the Green sarge faces a difficult task. He must reconquer what was once Green`s territory and put a stop to Tan once and for all.

General Plastrthe o, the dictator of the Tan Republic, has sworn to conquer the all the Free-Nations, and claim them for his own in his twisted vision of world domination, mobilizing the Republic's war machine to this end. The Tan is a Nazi-like group of megalomaniacal plastic tyrants bent on conquering the known plastic world - and the Green Nation is one of the only roadblocks in their way, but the Tans's territory covers most of the Greens's national borders, making it possible for the Tan to invade from all sides of Green territory.

When the Tan invasion begins, the Green troops respond with all available weapons of the time, However, the Green defense fails and Tan pushes further into Green territory, conquering everything in its path.

But a slim hope arises. A special unit, a Green trooper, known only as Sarge, comes to the Green Nation's aid and is able to stop the advance of the Tan army, while the Nation's army is busy developing new technologies in order to stop the invasion cold. Now, Sarge faces a difficult task. He must reconquer what was rightfully the Green's and put a stop to Tan once and for all.

I'm new to writing in forums so If I make a mistake just correct me on it.

Sanguine-Sam fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sanguine-Sam posted:

If I make a mistake just correct me on it.

Oh boy...

It's been a while since we've had a good First Post Faceplant LP. Welcome to (and I'm assuming subsequently farewell from) The Something Awful Forums.

While we here like to say that there's no "right" way to LP a game, you've managed to do everything here... wrong. If you're serious about actually LPing this then maybe try running this past the folks in the Sandcastle first, so they can give you advice on how to do it well rather than, well, what you just did here.

Like for example, your links are all hosed up here, and the link in your post leading to this thread in the New LP thread is broken. You managed to make a bullet list, so you got that part right. But there's nothing here that makes it seem like you really care even the slightest about doing this. There's no info about the game, nothing to get people interested in it or why you're LPing it. It's just "I saw this on the request list and thought why the hell not," and while that's as valid a reason as any to LP anything, I don't think the person who requested this was looking for something this... slapdash.

Your commentary also needs work, but that's a tricky thing to give people "advice" on. I dunno, maybe don't start out a video by deadpanning that you're currently drunk at the time of the recording and then give no immediate indication that you're not actually drunk. Nothing you say in the video is particularly interesting or informative or even really all that funny. You're just reacting to stuff that's happening in the game, vaguely explaining stuff that's already readily apparent, and just screaming and cursing and repeating what was just said by characters in the game in a wacky voice. Hardly enthralling stuff.

Also, not to be rude but you're... really bad at playing this game.

Sanguine-Sam
Jul 4, 2018
Yeah, I need to spend way more time writing the basic information that I should have done the first time around I believe I have that down now. But the link in new lp I thought I fixed it, now it did take me an hour so you might not have seen that or maybe it's so broken that I can't even tell. The commentary is well yeah it's bad but now I got something to go off so I might be able to produce something decent.

Sanguine-Sam fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 5, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

:allears:

Sanguine-Sam
Jul 4, 2018
I gotta say the second part of this area was an absolute nightmare I watched a review of the game to gain a little insight on the game and the guy I was watching could not get past it and he claimed to have played the game beforehand. Part 3 The Ultimate Strategist Youtube Polsy

Sanguine-Sam
Jul 4, 2018
Sorry I was gone for a few days I'm back now

Part 4 Making The Trade Youtube Polsy

Sanguine-Sam
Jul 4, 2018
Probally the best Episode in this let's play
Part 5 Sabotaging the Tan Youtube Polsy

Sanguine-Sam
Jul 4, 2018
I have an update to this lp It might go on a temporary hiatus I am being forced to move back in with family due to my roommate's bad planning this may just be a week Hiatus or even longer I will probably have an upload in a few days before the move but I'll have to quit my current job and look for new work my father might be able to get me a job sooner rather than later if this is the case I may be able to find a new living arrangement by myself and not be at the whim of other peoples' mistakes. In case you're wondering what the folly is my roommate's decided to save their tax returns to go to Rolling loud where they lost everything they owned I've bailed them out of this blunder at a large cost to myself a week after they get back the one that had a job decided to quit but he did get another job but he worked one day and never went back because I would not get him an uber I don't recall this conversation but he apparently asked me while I was asleep (I sleep talk) he had the decency to not order one on my phone so I give him props for that. I do hope my roommate's take full responsibility for the rent they did not pay and I hope I don't have to pay it off I did tell my friend I'm clearing him of the debt he owes me it does look like I will have an eviction on my name now unless I can somehow weasel my way off the lease which I doubt I can do.

I am fully committed to the lp as long as I can do it I will, I refuse to batch record this lp because I want each ep to be an improvement as I edit them I make mental notes of improvements I can make and I can study what people say such as what Nine Gear Crow said. I only wish each ep I uploaded could be scrutinized in this manner or even in a full analysis but I am a very small fish in a large pond so there are very few eyes are on me. I'm not playing any new games as that would be a channel killer for me I need to develop a proper commentary personality and I'm avoiding faking one. I am currently thinking about developing characters through voices I give to certain characters in games (ex let's say I'm playing Majora's mask and I give Anju the same voice as I gave Girlfriend from hotline Maimi I might give them little personality quips to link them together to give returning viewers a little inside joke) that have there own personality but I don't believe I should attempt this yet as I might flanderized them before they even exist.

sorry if this is a disorganized mess I'm really stressing right now and I'm trying to avoid giving into the temptation of drinking.

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post
Better go for a permanent hiatus just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguine-Sam
Jul 4, 2018
Well, I am back I did upload another part but did not feel it was good enough for an update.

In this episode, I learn that you can, in fact, fight a tank we out exploiting it's ai by ducking, I did not realize this was possible. We break into a Tan POW camp and stop a execution.
Part 8 Prison Break Youtube Polsy

Sanguine-Sam fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 10, 2018

• Locked thread