Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I did Huntington Ravine for the first time on Thursday, and got lucky with some really good weather. Sunny, and about 65 at the summit of Washington. Actually, it would have been nicer if it was about 15 degrees cooler; the lower altitudes were very hot. Here's some lovely phone pics;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Imgur album from my trip up Mount Washington this past March (stayed at the top overnight in the observatory). All pics are from descent because ascent weather was trash with about zero visibility.

https://imgur.com/a/tkSFa0Y

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

LostCosmonaut posted:

Imgur album from my trip up Mount Washington this past March (stayed at the top overnight in the observatory). All pics are from descent because ascent weather was trash with about zero visibility.

https://imgur.com/a/tkSFa0Y

Beautiful. March is a hell of a time to make a run at it.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Those are great pictures, thanks for posting. I wish I lived somewhere where I could do stuff like that.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

Nice pics, really wanted to do Huntington this year but probably won't get around to it at this point, definitely not a trip I'm comfortable doing solo either. Did do a Gulf loop from Pinkham last June which is highly recommended, very cool vibe once you're past the Sphinx junction.

• Locked thread