Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rotor posted:

i did the other one sorry

don't be sorry it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Eeyo posted:

what the gently caress

mods?!

idk man i cant make them both the title, just repost it in 3 or 4 pages and i'll get u then ok

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Roosevelt posted:

so far rotor has apparently made a transphobic thread title, and a white supremacist title, but i have no idea what either of them were

i think "wanna know how i got these scars" is a white supremacist dogwhistle. you know, because only nazis watched that movie

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Truman Peyote posted:

i think "wanna know how i got these scars" is a white supremacist dogwhistle. you know, because only nazis watched that movie

i think he was referencing the previous title with the 88

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

no, can't be that. that's much more reasonable.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Bugsy posted:

The free speech lover has thoughts on free speech.

ok so i tear down the american flag and put up the flag of the state of palestine

now what

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

shackleford posted:

ok so i tear down the american flag and put up the flag of the state of palestine

now what

well we could implement the uk's rwanda protocol

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

rotor posted:

i think he was referencing the previous title with the 88

I thought it was a Back to the Future reference

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

rotor posted:

i did the other one sorry

it's ok it's also funny

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mrmcd posted:

it was, they're just dumb

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

mrmcd posted:

It was.
Someone made a joke about the truck being a "Back to the Dealer car" after someone's wife thought it was a car from Back to the Future. We were also making fun of Tesla's stock price dropping so it was a natural fit to tie the movie quote to Tesla's (TSLA) stock price dropping.

No need to derail the conversation any further on this, but I wanted to make clear I was not making a dog whistle joke.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

i didn't think it was anything else than a bttf reference either

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
meh, fair. no offense intended

that's kinda the nature of dogwhistles though, innit. they're intentionally ambiguous

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

i played war thunder on discord with someone a couple years back, his name in game was stan148. i told him, dude you have a suspiciously close-to nazi name in a ww2 game, you should probably change it. he didn't know

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there's a 0.27% chance that the person you're playing video games with just happened to be born on april 1st, 1988.

the other 99.73% of the time...