Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

fruit on the bottom posted:

Jesus is the guy who gives out the blue checkmarks, isn’t he?

I'll give you a blue checkmark

up your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Lowtax posted:

up your rear end

Whoa is that an extra $10?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Lowtax posted:

up your rear end

is this what "turn the other cheek" means?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lowtax posted:

What I'm trying to ultimately get at here is that when the nomination for the next Jesus comes around, I do not only expect to be on the short list, but I expect to WIN.

Oh you'll be first in line for the crucification, don't you worry your pretty little head about that

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lowtax posted:

up your rear end

I know this is a threat, but I’m really just happy for the attention.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hard to look down on a guy who's like 8 feet up in the air. I mean I don't even think Matthew Mcconaughey is that tall

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dolphin posted:

Hard to look down on a guy who's like 8 feet up in the air. I mean I don't even think Matthew Mcconaughey is that tall

That's what I love about our Lord and savior, man. We keep getting shorter, he stays the same height.

E. Heh heh heh heh

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtax posted:

He turned water into wine and killed thousands from dehydration.

See, but whatever god does is good by definition so

checkmate

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Because he was hung like thiiiiiiis *spreads arms wide mimicking the crucifixion*

:hmmyes:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i guess luck. Jesus wasn't the only "messiah" at the time, there were tons of weird hosed over peasent preachers and rebels wandering about screaming for the return of the good old days. its just jesus had better PR men. when he got killed, his followers told some big story about how he came back and floated away after 40 days or some poo poo. most of his followers are happy to keep their weird jewish sect in the region or jewish communities with peter and few others. then paul, some hypocritical broke brained rear end in a top hat shows up and says jesus talked to him and he is acutaly the best apostle, he gets into a bunch of fights with the original appostles and then they get lucky again and start spreading their bullshit to bored rich romans and poor romans and twist the story more. eventually. it becomes a major religion.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Luvcow posted:

i never really thought about that when i saw the movie as a kid but now it makes so much more sense in a really progressive and ground breaking way

also: OP jesus could turn water into wine which was probably pretty loving cool back in those days

What if he could turn water into wieners

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

OP missed one thing about Jesus: master of watersports

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Kak posted:

What if he could turn water into wieners
Cooking weiners in water is ghetto rear end poo poo, you grill them dawgs

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Lowtax posted:

Just an opinion here but steamed wieners are really good because you can't gently caress them up and they get a nice even cook while remaining juicy while grilled wieners can easily get hosed up, burnt, dry or charred crinkly skin.

lilbeanbear
Jun 30, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

Boil, dry, broil.

Grilling is cool too though. But a broiled dog on a pretzle bun with stone ground mustard and kimchi is way danker.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
People look up to a fictional character loosely based on Jeshua. American jesus is more like santa claus, a folklore character co opted by multinational corporations. It's like if a cult formed around Ronald McDonald and over centuries it became a world religion. That actually happened with mormons. and JWs, and so many other splinter cults. People keep turning lovely fan fiction into religions.

lilbeanbear
Jun 30, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Millions of Crows posted:

People look up to a fictional character loosely based on Jeshua. American jesus is more like santa claus, a folklore character co opted by multinational corporations. It's like if a cult formed around Ronald McDonald and over centuries it became a world religion. That actually happened with mormons. and JWs, and so many other splinter cults. People keep turning lovely fan fiction into religions.

Holy poo poo, thank you. :catgonk:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Millions of Crows posted:

Well actually L. Ron Hubbard said

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
L Ron at least worked harder on his bullshit than Jesus and he had a boat.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

old beast lunatic posted:

L Ron at least worked harder on his bullshit than Jesus and he had a boat.
Because he wanted money to spend on stuff like more boats and a nice hat. Did Jesus spend a lot of money on hats? Who knows.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jebus is not a ghost. His body came back to life. Then he hosed off to heaven in his body

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Lowtax posted:

I personally think John Saxon was cooler.

Uh, yeah, look at the dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Detective Thompson posted:

Uh, yeah, look at the dude.

John Saxton was a cool as dude.

The J'man pretty cool though.

• Locked thread