Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.
Goons still playing this? Server count overall seems to be pretty decent and it's running well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Game officially releases tomorrow. Some controversy regarding what will be in release and what is posted on the Steam page but they just released a news letter addressing concerns.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/736220/announcements/detail/1724202719235621267

Periscope Games posted:

We want to write this open letter to our followers, fans and the most recent customers of Post Scriptum to update on the current situation of the project and address concerns about the game’s launch.

We apologize beforehand for the honest mistake (and we can't sincerely stress this enough) that the outdated information on our Steam page has caused some customers to feel mislead. Despite being such a small team, we had imposed upon ourselves a rigorous schedule up until release which, inevitably lead to some unfortunate errors. Some minor, but also others quite serious like the current case.

In response to this we aim to rectify the situation as soon as possible and update information accordingly across all of our social media. We have also discussed internally about taking big strides to improving communication with our player base. We have realized through your feedback that the consistency and regularity of our communication isn’t good enough.

We understand that those who have already purchased the game may feel cheated by this situation. As our apology to every single one of you, we will be asking Valve to open up refunds for the game to any customer regardless of hours played for the next week. (Until Friday 17th)

We are also aware of the complaints regarding what the full release version would be and that was mainly caused by the outdated information of our Steam page. We understand, once again, that you may feel mislead by this. A major part had to do once again with - which seems obvious now - poor management of our social media and propagation of information. While we have always been clear in every statement we have made in our official Discord and Facebook, we relied on the Roadmap announcement that was released to the player base prior to the Beta release. We took that as general knowledge that customers would absorb, however this was not the case and it should have been on our Steam page. It clearly states in the announcement what would be the order of things to come and therefore relay the appropriate information that the game won’t have all of the listed content at the set release date. In retrospect, we also didn’t communicate properly as we did initially believe that the main bulk of the content would be released in the full version and then the US faction (and all that comes with it along with Sandbox game mode) sometime after. Our view of the full release version is what effectively was launched yesterday. There is a disconnection of information between what we know and what we transpired to outside of the team, but once again, we didn’t present that well enough and only we are to blame.

The rest of the negative feedback that we have read is about overall performance and section cohesion. While we can’t offer a miracle instantaneous solution for the first, we will continue to make progress in that regard and it’s a matter that will require patience.
As far as the latter goes...it requires a new chapter of disclosure to better clarify not only what changes may happen to the spawning system but as well as of other features to come.

Moving Forward

This is not in order of delivery

For all the tough parts above, we’re still planning to move full steam ahead with continuing development of the game and we’d like to encourage everyone to stick along with us for the ride. We believe there is a lot of good stuff to come and we’ll elaborate on that herein with a roadmap we’re updating and releasing.

First of all, we’d like to step up our game when it comes to communication, in addition to the discord, twitter and livestream engagement we already have, we’re going to start making sure we take things to the next level with regularly scheduled live roundtables.

To address the issue of section cohesion and as a whole make teamwork more accessible, we are currently developing a new feature currently dubbed the “Regroup Call”. The basic idea is that there will be a new soldier class carrying a radio, and when the Section Leader is within a close range of this radio, he can issue a regroup call. This then turns the SL into a spawn point for the next 60 seconds that members of his Section can spawn on. In addition to this, Commanders will only be able to call in airstrikes when standing near a radio operator. There are certain things that will need to be fleshed out, like for example the spawn being disabled if the SL runs into an objective radius, but we plan to work out the kinks with testing.

Beyond that gameplay change, we’ll be making sure we’re continually making improvements to the replayability of the game. In the very short term we can expect new layers for Doorwerth, in addition to the new 8*8km city map Arnhem, which we will begin releasing in incremental 8x2km pieces shortly.

Beyond that we’ll have the American Airborne faction releasing in the coming months, along with 3 new maps, Grave, Veghel and Velmolen. The Environments team has also been putting a lot of work into improving the visuals of our maps, including ground shaders, foliage and lighting.

A new game mode “Armored” will focus heavily on tank combat. There will also be some other game modes coming that are currently being pitched internally. Our plan is for our community to always have a different gameplay experience every time they play.

Lastly, we will provide to the community with the SDK allowing you to map and mod Post Scriptum. The SDK will come in the future once the game is in a more stable state and the above issues are fixed.

Overall we apologize to all of our paying customers that many of the things above were not made clear in the past, but we hope we can rebuild confidence moving forward by continuing to pour our hearts into the development of the game, and by consistently improving the experience we are building.

Sincerely,

Romain “BreizhoO” Ferchat,
Studio Director for Periscope Games.

And the entire Periscope Games team.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
i'm playing RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

and as i'm finally free of obligations will be for most of this weekend :woop:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
as of the patch tuesday:

quote:

- Added Flak36 emplacements to Driel S05, S06, S08, S09 and Oosterbeek S01, S03, S04, S06 & S09 layers
- Added Doorwerth lobby image
- Added Arnhem Range lobby image
- Added new water shader
- Added Sdkfz 7 with a mounted Flak 38
- Added DF Shadows and Collisions to foliage on Driel and Oosterbeek
- Added new layers to Driel, Oosterbeek and Heelsum
- Added destruction effects for pontoons
- Added sound effects and particle effects for vehicle damage states

- Fixed collisions and visual bugs in Castle Doorwerth
- Fixed collisions and material assignments for various environment assets in Doorwerth.
- Fixed distance field shadows for bush variant
- Fixed oversized collision for tree variant
- Fixed Doorwerth repair stations
- Fixed collision on fences (to make them passable for tanks)
- Fixed more fences to be passable by vehicles
- Fixed footsteps sound on wood attenuation and volume
- Fixed stationary camera while reloading in Vickers emplacement
- Fixed enfield2 casing spawning only on epic settings
- Fixed doubled spawning of casings when bolting
- Fixed zeroing on Bren, G41, G43, K98k, Lee Enfield, MG34, MG42, MP40, Sten and STG44
- Fixed extra Sdkfz 232 on Oosterbeek Layers
- Fixed sound for panther driver
- Fixed chimney smoke
- Fixed penetration values for some AP rounds
- Fixed Panzer III steering right
- Fixed Panzerfaust "Reload" animation and added sounds.

- Improved MG34 and MG42 zoom factor
- Improved foliage shading
- Improvements to Doorwerth

Known Issues:

- Reflections on water shader might not work as intended with low AA settings
- There still might be some fences here and there that are not passable.

so uh, yeah now that the guns actually work properly this is a loving good shootmans.

i can only speak for the handful of servers that i frequent but everyone is pretty chill, the vast majority of players try to work as a team and asshattery is rare. it is literally a miniature version of ww2online with decent graphics :sotw:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
latest beta build with the Arnhem city map is going up shortly, the devs showed it off on twitch earlier and it looks amazing. There's also a quite a few new changes - regular logi soldiers can now build everything except the fob, performance improvements, new shaders etc.

beta code is: firstplaytestonarnhem

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Why are there four different versions of the game?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
^^ beats me, i think because it probably had a kickstarter or its one of those games that has a small audience so you get the superfans who demand there is a more expensive version that lets them give the devs more money. just buy the standard though.

new patch is out with the arnhem bridge map which is a loving bloodbath every time - the germans really have to co-ordinate well to get across and the brits also have to be on their toes as if the germans manage to take the first point they tend to steamroll the next few.

performance on the other maps seems a lot better with the new grass shader they're using.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
:siren:FREE WEEKEND & THE FIRST US FORCES MAP IS OUT:siren:

if you already have the game installed try deleting it and reinstalling from fresh, seems to increase performance quite a bit.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Whats up with the fresh install? Why does that help performance?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probably leftover .ini’s that is a problem for indie games.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I got this game for myself and son, and there is a sound bug on my son's computer. AFter joining a server, a loud pop is heard, then no sounds at all. It even cuts off Discord. There is nothing found online that helps, with most threads ending up in no questions answered, or "verify your cache"-type advice. I'm pretty frustrated, since it doesn't happen on my computer, and we use the same exact headset.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
have you tried the official discord? its pretty well populated and devs are usually on.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Vahakyla posted:

I got this game for myself and son, and there is a sound bug on my son's computer. AFter joining a server, a loud pop is heard, then no sounds at all. It even cuts off Discord. There is nothing found online that helps, with most threads ending up in no questions answered, or "verify your cache"-type advice. I'm pretty frustrated, since it doesn't happen on my computer, and we use the same exact headset.

What's the headset? My PC had this issue with my old logitech G430 when it was plugged in via USB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

What's the headset? My PC had this issue with my old logitech G430 when it was plugged in via USB.

Sades SA902 7.1. They are USB wired.

I have the same headset on my computer, with no issues.

• Locked thread