Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

be a lot of fun to customize but I would not want that thing vanilla tbh

Yeah I’m already thinking of ways to use my miniatures paints to customize it to make it look more “realistic”.

My department is dressing up as Ghostbusters this Halloween so one of my coworkers will be sporting it (I’ll be rocking the Haslab pack and wand). I’ve also got a near-complete set of vintage Real Ghostbusters gear that some lucky coworkers will get to use in case the Haslab PKE meter and Ghost Trap don’t arrive before Halloween. I don’t intend to repaint the vintage stuff, I think it’s funnier if it’s grown adults sporting old kids’ toys. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah I’m already thinking of ways to use my miniatures paints to customize it to make it look more “realistic”.

My department is dressing up as Ghostbusters this Halloween so one of my coworkers will be sporting it (I’ll be rocking the Haslab pack and wand). I’ve also got a near-complete set of vintage Real Ghostbusters gear that some lucky coworkers will get to use in case the Haslab PKE meter and Ghost Trap don’t arrive before Halloween. I don’t intend to repaint the vintage stuff, I think it’s funnier if it’s grown adults sporting old kids’ toys. :v:

Having 4 (5 if you count Janine, and you should) grown adults fully cosplay as the RGB characters is :kiss:

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Xenomrph posted:

I got this on clearance at Walmart for :10bux:

https://a.co/d/iZzNLDD

It is WAY better than I thought it would be. It’s got more sounds than the Haslab pack and wand (it even includes all 4 firing modes the Spengler wand has). It’s a very tactile experience like the Spengler wand because you press one button to turn it on and select your firing mode, then you extend the barrel (and cocking it one-handed like a shotgun to extend the barrel makes me feel like an enormous badass), then you hold down a different button to charge it (and it’s possible to overcharge it), and then you pull a trigger to fire. It’s got overheating and venting sounds, sounds of you zapping different ghosts, different colored lights all over the place, I genuinely feel like I ripped somebody off by getting this thing for $10. I’d have paid full retail without hesitation if I knew what it could do. I am seriously impressed.

Yeah this thing is pretty nice. I bought one for my daughter, and then bought another one for myself, to strip the electronics out of it for putting into my own proton pack wand. Still trying to figure out what I'll do for putting it in, but yeah the lights and sound effects are pretty nice.

It's really easy to remove the gray barrel extension part, which immediately gives the toy a more classic styled look, but the part does control that power up noise, so alas.

HJE-Cobra fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 27, 2024