Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Doomhammer posted:

If it's any consolation the fight after that one is much easier!

yeah no kidding. anyway i beat it, after i reloaded, redid the gilbert fight because my only other save was after one of the teams had already gone onto the deck :sweatdrop:, then ran up and down the stupid corridor grinding everyone's cp and bp back. fun times

e: end of part 2 genuine fun times in the cutscene that followed. lol at Victor though. the overdosing heavenly bliss remix is appropriate because this game reminds me a lot of the 3rd, in the way it throws a bunch of long-awaited dream matches at you.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

where the hell is Renne in part 4. I need to find her for this sidequest and she's supposed to be in crossbell but I've looked literally everywhere

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

good my strategy of if you bitch about something on the internet you'll solve it right after paid off

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Never fails

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

objectively I don't actually like how many characters there are but also god drat this roster in this split team dungeon

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Doomhammer posted:

The absolute greatest Gilbert moment happens in this game, and it's a shame that a part of its impact will be unavoidably lost in translation.

omg I just got to this

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I've got an important question to ask about Rean's harem: is Duvalie in it?

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Eeepies posted:

I've got an important question to ask about Rean's harem: is Duvalie in it?

Nope

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Is the tuatha de danaan the final dungeon. I wanna know if I'll have time to beat the game tonight if I go at it hard or if I should just pace myself and actually get some school work done.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

can't believe they showed the friggen grandmaster. from the breadcrumbs this game's dropped the lore behind the world is gonna be out there

well, i beat it. i thoroughly enjoyed it but also please Falcom two (Ao/SC length) games and a smaller cast next time. there's just too much

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

t-triple post

also cedric being an enforcer now is the best part of the ending. it was cruel and unusual to make a new character design for anelace to be seen in a single still

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I think Kondo's stated he wants to go back to two game arcs, but with how Sen turned out I hope you're looking forward to a five game calvard arc!

Cake Attack posted:

t-triple post

also cedric being an enforcer now is the best part of the ending. it was cruel and unusual to make a new character design for anelace to be seen in a single still

"Well, Loewe and Arianrhod are dead... Joshua, Renne and Sharon are never coming back, McBurn probably hates us now and who knows what Vita and Bleublanc are going to do.... but at least we got Cedric! Gilbert really needed a friend."

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Oh, and the OST is coming out Dec 13, which is two months too far away in my opinion.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

final chapter question is this ???????? quest the one that matters for the ending? is it worth proceeding to the end without doing it first? maybe a cool bad ending i'd want to see or something?

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Yeah, that quest is what leads to the good ending, though as far as I'm aware you're forced to get the 'bad' ending first anyway, and if you haven't done the ???? quest the game will immediately point you at it with some added timey-wimey shenanigans (with interesting lore ramifications) regardless.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
And finished. I enjoyed it overall but I can see why even the more positive Amazon reviewers fall more on the "curate's egg" side. I'll probably go through again at some point for the platinum but maybe not for a while!

I just hope that next time around they have maybe 1/4 the characters actively involved in the story and give the script another pass before recording. There's been the sense that they bit off more than they can chew since the first of this series.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I'm finally getting around to play some more, and I'm extremely salty that Jusis's lovely brother is the Gold Knight (I just finished the segment where it's revealed). Seriously, that guy is such a smug prick. I guess I have to give them credit for it not being super predictable though, since I was sure that they'd use the final knight as an excuse to revive someone, with Olivier being my specific prediction. I had hoped that they'd give it to one of the new Class 7 members, as a sort of symbolic thing (though admittedly it's hard to think of one it'd fit well with; Juna is the "main" member, but a divine knight wielding tonfas is lol, and the idea of Altina wielding a sword in a divine knight is also goofy).

It was nice seeing almost everyone gathered. Joshua meeting Ash was nice, as was Bleublanc helping as a sort of tribute to Olivier (who, incredibly surprisingly, it seems like they're actually going to keep dead). I hope they have the whole SSS gather at some point, since they have a sort of group chemistry that none of the other Trails groups really have (old Class 7's set-up is like a weird circle with Rean at the center and all the other members only having a significant connection to maybe one of the other non-Rean classmates). I like how Randy does the report card voices while Rean is locked up.

I'm really hoping that they don't pull a "most/all of the antagonists were just influenced by the curse or otherwise acting with some convoluted good intentions" twist. I'm pretty sure they're going to do that with Osbourne, but I hope they stick with other characters, like Alisa's dad and Jusis's lovely brother, being terrible garbage people. Lecter's reason for staying with the bad guys is also dumb as hell, though at least the protagonists call him out on it. Jusis in both CS3 and CS4 (I took him with me instead of Alisa on this segment of the story) is pretty good about displaying his utter disbelief about what a shithead his brother is.

edit: It also owned how they've had each Part 1 segment end with your normal mecha soldiers fighting against a Divine Knight, and two of the fights predictably end with a "heh I was just toying with you" ending, but Cedric is such a lame loser that you just flat-out beat him and he has to call for help. Just lol at that guy, he has the gently caress-off ~thousand weapons~ crimson knight that Rean and Crow combined had trouble with, and he gets his rear end kicked by a few normal mechs.

Unrelated comment, but I feel like at the rate the Trails world is going, they're going to be in "flying sci-fi cities" territory within like 10-20 years. Like, they've gone from "this huge computer that is just a database in ZCF" to "cell phones and laptops and flying mecha soldiers" in like 3 years.

edit2: So I just had it spoiled for me (though fortunately a minor spoiler devoid of context) that Rean can have a romance with the new Class 7 girls. That's kinda hosed; even ignoring the whole "teacher" thing, I always like the idea of new Class 7 (minus Myuze, whose crush on Rean is more played as a joke) being platonic towards Rean, and I was hoping (though I had basically given up by the end of CS3) that they'd at least give Kurt a romance or something. The situation with Lloyd wasn't nearly this bad; I believe his only love interests were Elie, Tio, Rixia, and Noel (though this can kinda be intepreted as platonic if you don't choose her for stuff), and Randy had his own romance with Mireille (and was also just an older guy so he wasn't really interested in these younger girls romantically to begin with).

I really can't understate how much it bugs me to have Juna in particular as a Rean romance. Completely clashes with the way I wanted to interpret the whole dynamic between Rean and new Class 7, and it also makes Juna feel like less of a secondary protagonist in her own right.

In various ways, I really hope they return to a Zero/Ao-esque party in the next arc. I'm not as naive as to expect no sort of harem-ish situation, but the way it was done in Zero/Ao was way more tolerable and less ridiculous.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 10, 2018

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
how good and fun are estelle and joshua in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

fun but also play a really minor role

• Locked thread