Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was organizing my office and gathered all the loose pens, markers, and pencils to put in a cup. In the midst I found two fully functional skillcraft pens. I haven’t been anywhere near anything military related in over 5 years, so these pens have some miles on them for sure. They still work pretty well, all things considered.

So, how many of these beauties do you still have laying around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've got one somewhere. I used to have one of the red translucent mechanical pencils I stole in like 1990, but I'm not sure if it's around here anymore.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I might have one or two buried in a box somewhere.

But

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...t+pens&_sacat=0

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Syrian Lannister posted:

I might have one or two buried in a box somewhere.

But

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...t+pens&_sacat=0

I know what someone is getting for secret santa.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Oh wow https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Retr...skilcraft+.TRS0

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I remember these

but the one I had a few years ago (and probably still have in a bag of random junk drawer poo poo) was this, though with normal lead:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Despite still being in the military, I have no idea how to get a Skilcraft pen. Shake down my GPC monitor, maybe?

Godholio posted:

I've got one somewhere. I used to have one of the red translucent mechanical pencils I stole in like 1990, but I'm not sure if it's around here anymore.

What the poo poo, dude, from reading your posts I thought you were like 35.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

skillcraft all up in this bitch

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Arc Light posted:

Despite still being in the military, I have no idea how to get a Skilcraft pen. Shake down my GPC monitor, maybe?

What the poo poo, dude, from reading your posts I thought you were like 35.

You're close, but I also grew up as an overseas brat so everything around was .mil. I've also got an F-15A crew chief manual around here somewhere, and an early-80s helmet.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

The label is more expensive than the pen. If you labeled your cheap rear end pens, I took them.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I occasionally have flashbacks to rooting through a drawer of about 40 pens looking for one that still had ink in it during shift change

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I lost my old pen an asked a coworker to get me one when he swung by supply, and he showed up with this:

It feels like cheating

E: WHAT TIME IS IT??

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 24, 2018

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

We have these bad boys in my department

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Godholio posted:

You're close, but I also grew up as an overseas brat so everything around was .mil. I've also got an F-15A crew chief manual around here somewhere, and an early-80s helmet.

Do you have the mask too? Jealous if so.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Can't show but I can tell you I threw a lot of these across the BAS since they are garbage.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Had a good Skilcraft rap sesh in the TOC a couple weeks ago, a couple people really like the recycled material version. The grip isn't finished like the classic and it's got a different weight and writes a little different. Personallu though, give me a classic Skilcraft click pen and I'll start jamming on my lifer pad and saying retarded poo poo ricky tick

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

CLAM CLIPS FOR LIFE MOTHERFUCKERS

gently caress STAPLES THEY RUIN MY ROUTING FOLDERS

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure I got through high school using Skilcrafts I swiped from my dad, who swiped them from whichever NAS he was stationed at.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

I lost my old pen an asked a coworker to get me one when he swung by supply, and he showed up with this:

It feels like cheating

I love these though the clip breaks off in about 20 seconds. Best pen I've pulled out of the closet at work since 2005, though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Do you have the mask too? Jealous if so.

Oh, not a flight helmet, just an old M1 helmet.

cmdrpinky
Oct 1, 2003

*skilcraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

Had a good Skilcraft rap sesh in the TOC a couple weeks ago, a couple people really like the recycled material version. The grip isn't finished like the classic and it's got a different weight and writes a little different. Personallu though, give me a classic Skilcraft click pen and I'll start jamming on my lifer pad and saying retarded poo poo ricky tick

Can confirm, recycle is definitely better.

• Locked thread