Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007
Problem description: I just got a new monitor (HDMI)and now my computer won't boot unless the old one is also plugged in (DVI). When I try turning it on with only the new one, the keyboard lights flash and the mouse lights flash and then the power light on the computer stays on, but nothing else will happen. If I plug in both monitors, everything works fine. It automatically made the new monitor Display 1, but it doesn't seem to want to let me have only one monitor.

Attempted fixes: Tried a hard shutdown, leaving the computer off for a while, the old monitor is not being powered.

Recent changes: Nothing aside from the new monitor.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

System specs: MSI Z97S SLI
GTX 970
i5 4690K

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007
Update: I was able to get Windows to only want one monitor, but that didn't change the inability to boot.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Try running DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=846 and then installing the latest GPU drivers.

• Locked thread