Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
In 2006 there was a feature about (fake) niche internet forums and one of them was a forum where people catch turtles and crack their shells open with hammers, looking for treasure.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/hidden-gems-weekend/

Since I read that twelve years ago, and its followup, I cannot look at a turtle, hear someone talking about turtles, or remember that turtles exist without wincing at the thought of someone breaking a turtle shell with a hammer. It's nauseating. Imagine the crunch sound it would make.

I don't know why I'm posting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP__JSvnA6I

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Once every year and a half some decrepit neuron in my head fires off and I remember reading that. I even remember where I was when I read it, and where I was when I remembered it. Turtle Treasures is a curse that will haunt me till the day I die. And the last words on my lips will be "gently caress, I remember Turtle Treasures."

This is all serious by the way. Last time I remembered it I was driving home from school (a year and a half ago, so thanks for fulfilling the curse for me), I had just merged onto the interstate. It's like that 23 movie with Jim Carrey only somehow dumber and more inconsequential.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 23, 2018

• Locked thread