Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Only reason I'm not playing the poo poo out of this in early access is because of wipes. It's awesome.

Gameplay trailer (watch this one): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuijHao9jks
Release day trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ekiZxCa0nE

quote:

In a Boundless universe of connected worlds, every player's choices will have an impact. Explorer? Builder? Hunter? Trader? Crafter? Make your own path.

Open portals to travel seamlessly between diverse planets as you expand your adventure across the universe. Watch the sun rise on a volcanic world before joining friends to prospect for precious resources on a desert planet.

Starting with your first humble campfire, will you live a nomadic life in the wild, or found a new settlement with your allies from which to grow your empire? Rally citizens to expand your city, competing to become the capital of your world and claiming the title of Viceroy.

Will you build a citadel, drive the economy, or craft masterpieces of technology? Join the hunt for exotic creatures, develop your homestead, or seek new horizons?

Shape your citizen, forge your destiny, and sculpt your world in this epic voxel sandbox MMO built on endless possibility.

Join the Great Transmigration and explore the Known Worlds of Boundless. Each world is full of unique inhabitants and resources, ripe for discovery. With your trusty Totem in hand and the ability to build Warp Conduits, you can pinpoint locations on other worlds and travel seamlessly between them. No waiting. No loading.

Discover and use materials to build your base. Craft Beacons and claim land as your own, protecting all your beloved items within it bounds from other Players and from sacrifice to the land. Use special tools to tweak and transform blocks into ever more interesting and unique structures. Your imagination is Boundless.

Master the art of crafting! Create weapons, tools, building materials, and a whole host of other technologies waiting to be discovered in the Known Worlds. Use advanced Crafting Machines to build ever more sophisticated items and further your potential. Forge your legacy.

Hunt down creatures of all shapes and sizes scattered throughout the Known Worlds. Each world has challenging creatures to discover, each requiring different strategies to best. Get ready to take them on!

Everything bought and sold in Boundless is generated by you, the players. Buy and sell items through player-owned shops, and compete with others to become the most successful trader on the planet... or maybe in the universe!

Boundless is a sandbox MMORPG that enables player collaboration. You can choose to play solo, or join up with friends or players from all over the world. Explore, defeat dangerous creatures, gather rare resources and build a colony together.

Almost forgot, it has crossplay between PS4/PC now.

quote:

We’re pleased to confirm that whether you’re playing Boundless on PC, Mac, or PlayStation 4, you’ll be sharing the same universe. This was always the plan and ambition from the project’s inception, and this launch will make it a reality. Boundless will be a single universe shared by all players, on PC or PS4, in all locations.

For those backers who have played, enjoyed and criticised Boundless with us up to this point, we’d like to extend a sincere thank you from everyone at Wonderstruck. We’re super excited to be able to reach the landmark of a 1.0 release, and we hope you all are too. It’s been an extremely challenging journey, and while this definitely isn’t the end of it, it’s a major milestone. Some days we wondered if life would be a little simpler if we were making a 2D game, with no multiplayer, no voxels, no procedural generation, no dynamic portals, no weather simulation, no latency, no tinting, no chisels, no cross platform, … but then we always realise that these are the things that we love the most. The challenge of creating something that often seemed impossible to achieve with our little team.

Leading up to launch we will create a totally new universe for everyone to explore, claim, mine, sculpt, and chisel together. We see this as an opportunity for a fresh start for the Boundless universe.

Whether you’re new to Boundless or a seasoned veteran of Early Access, you’ve probably got some questions. We’ve put together a FAQ for this purpose. Of course, if there’s anything not answered here then please feel free to ask below and we’ll do our best to answer
Read more: https://forum.playboundless.com/t/boundless-1-0-release-date-announcement-and-faq/14185

Steam Early Access page https://store.steampowered.com/app/324510/Boundless/
Save yourselves five bucks and get it before Square Enix raises the price

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Reserved

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
voxels like everquest next yet somehow uglier

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what kinda stuff do you do in it

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

eonwe posted:

what kinda stuff do you do in it

same kinda stuff you do in No Man's Sky and Minecraft
except it's a single shard MMO

Fuzz Boxer
Apr 28, 2007

sticking with whatever fails
Muther Hubbard..I was so close to conquering my crippling video game addiction too...

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

How hard is it to buy a plot without having to fork out for their microtransaction currency?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

quote:

every player's choices will have an impact.

How many games have promised this? How many games have delivered? A guy with no hands could count on his fingers how many.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Read the thread title and knew who was posting it before seeing the OP. I think there's a cottage industry to separate the OP from his money.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
This game screams "broken promises" so loud I swear I can hear it right now.

But hey, one of Alexander DeLarge's thread, so this game is already dead, always good to know.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

jabro posted:

How many games have promised this? How many games have delivered? A guy with no hands could count on his fingers how many.

The Matrix Online was the only one to actually pull this off, wasn't it? With its "live events," or whatever they were called, that changed The Matrix's "canon"?

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

My mailman found out I play video games and he's been trying to get me to play this since then. Is it any good? Should I take the fact that this thread died before it even released as a sign?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Schubalts posted:

The Matrix Online was the only one to actually pull this off, wasn't it? With its "live events," or whatever they were called, that changed The Matrix's "canon"?

In a sense, but every player hardly made an impact - just the high level or important enough ones who were in with the community managers and thus got to play roles

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Three lovely games in one thread title.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Mode 7 posted:

How hard is it to buy a plot without having to fork out for their microtransaction currency?

Remarker posted:

My mailman found out I play video games and he's been trying to get me to play this since then. Is it any good? Should I take the fact that this thread died before it even released as a sign?

It's pretty fun. I just gave it a try on the free weekend and had a blast. And plots seem to be very easy to get. You get quite a lot of free currency just from leveling up. I'm pretty sure between my girlfriend and I we could have gotten like 40 plots between us with no money put in whatsoever.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Apparently they're doing some freaky poo poo with the netcode in this one.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
negative ping 2.0, electric boogaloo

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021
Holy crap! This one looks pretty rad!

Still,
Shut up, Idiot.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
4 year update here. Not a lot of change! Has cult like following, very niche game. Competes for the smallest mmo population prize. If you have played it before, well it's still the same as when you left. You can rent planets now, which is very exciting for the same 5 mob types to spawn on in the rest of the galaxy or universe or whatever it is. Would I recommend you play it? Only if you're extremely bored and paid 5 bucks for it. Do I believe you would enjoy it? Possibly for a short time. Should you buy it at 40 dollars. Absolutely not.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Jesus, I forgot this thread even existed. I don't think the game's been updated since before I quit a year and a half ago, sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Munkeylord posted:

4 year update here. Not a lot of change! Has cult like following, very niche game. Competes for the smallest mmo population prize. If you have played it before, well it's still the same as when you left. You can rent planets now, which is very exciting for the same 5 mob types to spawn on in the rest of the galaxy or universe or whatever it is. Would I recommend you play it? Only if you're extremely bored and paid 5 bucks for it. Do I believe you would enjoy it? Possibly for a short time. Should you buy it at 40 dollars. Absolutely not.

Was wondering about why they still charge 40 bucks for a game that hasn't been updated since 2020..