Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
My grandpa died recently. I didn't know him super well - my Dad died years back, and we hadn't really seen each other since then. Because I was his closest living relative, I was put in charge of clearing some of his old stuff out of his house. I was looking around his attic, and I found a dusty old computer. It was one of the rubber-key style old computers - I think it might've been one of the original zx spectrums. I didn't even know grandpa was interested in this kind of stuff, so it was pretty cool to find something like this. It was COVERED in dust.

I'm kind of interested in old computers, so I thought I'd try to get it working. I blew on it to try and get the dust off, but because it had rubber keys, the dust was kind of sticking all over it. So I bunched up my sleeve and rubbed the keys back and forth. Suddenly there was a flash of blinding light, and a huge CLOUD of dust puffed up. When the dust cleared, and I'd blinked a couple of times to get my bearings, I saw a real live genie standing in front of me. Wow - a genie! I was gobsmacked.

"You have released me from my prison - I will grant you three wishes," the genie said in a booming voice.

"I wish," I paused, considering my words carefully, "for a computer of my very own."

"Your wish is granted," the genie said. Suddenly, right in front of me, was the most beautiful and powerful computer I had ever seen in my life. It had a keyboard attached to it, and there was even a USB cable already plugged in to the computer's USB port, which meant if I had anything that needed to be connected via USB, I could do it easily. I pressed a key on the keyboard. It felt good.

"What is your second wish?" the genie asked. I didn't even need to think about it for a second.

"I wish for a second computer."

"Your wish is granted," the genie said. Just like that, next to the computer, was a second computer, that looked pretty similar, except this one was slightly larger. Plugged into this one was a ball mouse. On the computer screen I could see that there were three programs on the desktop - notepad, microsoft paint, and wordpad. On top of the computer was a small box of cotton buds.

"Those are for cleaning the ball mouse," the genie boomed, "just using them with some warm water should be fine, or some rubbing alcohol if that doesn't work." He paused. "What is your third wish?" I thought about it long and hard. What would my third wish be? Suddenly, I knew.

"Genie," I said solemnly, "For my third and final wish, I wish you could be free." The genie looked stunned at this, and then a smile broke across his face.

"Your wish... is granted! And... thank you", he said, and then he vanished with another flash of light. I never saw him again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Powerful

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
you should wish for more wishes and see if the genie stack overflows

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

sounds like someones been huffing keyboard duster again

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

my bitter bi rival posted:

oooiiiii taaaaallllkkk ssooooo slooowwww and loooowwwwww

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

my bitter bi rival posted:

Now come on.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
second computer seems cool, but also redundant imo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I would have wished for a third ciomputer so I can have 3 of them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the average YOSPOS posters third wish would be for the genie to go and stand in another room so he can sexually molest the 2 computers in private

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I rubbed a dusty old computer - and a bit of cum came out of my dick [519 hours of community service and sexual harm awareness classes]

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
congrats to you and your life partner, op

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
what was the genie’s name?

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

i thought that was nice op, thanks 👍

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the second computer appears to be a windows machine but you never said which O.S. is on the first computer and i can't quite get hard

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
i rubbed a dusty old thread and some 1s came out

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

George posted:

i rubbed a dusty old thread and some 1s came out

Why would you type this - on today, of all days [It's computer day today].

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

yeah actually they will posted:

Why would you type this - on today, of all days [It's computer day today].

happy computer day :]

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

obstipator posted:

happy computer day :]

Happy computer day! Sorry for my delay in replying - luckily, it's still computer day

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

yeah actually they will posted:

Happy computer day! Sorry for my delay in replying - luckily, it's still computer day

Thanks! Happy Computer Day to you too! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

you should wish for more wishes and see if the genie stack overflows

I wish for '; ALTER SEQUENCE wishcount RESTART WITH 0; --

• Locked thread