Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Pending:

1. Ben Roethlislager (Aven) 
3. Z-Flat Natty Lite (Bald) 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Zam posted:

Pending:

1. Ben Roethlislager (Aven) 
3. Z-Flat Natty Lite (Bald) 

Have these two contacted their recipients at least?

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Have these two contacted their recipients at least?

I sent messages to both at the end of February, and they stated they would be sent out soon.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Zam posted:

I sent messages to both at the end of February, and they stated they would be sent out soon.

I sent them messages, I'll give them a little bit of time to return before reporting them for bans, and I'll see what we can do for make-up boxes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I finally opened up that Stickee Monkee last night and man, I wish I was drinking it right now.

Been getting the FF itch again lately and thought about this league. Did Zam's last two boxes ever get in? That kinda sucks if not. :(

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Hey guys, is there a waiting list for this league? I'd love to get in if a spot opens up.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

I finally opened up that Stickee Monkee last night and man, I wish I was drinking it right now.

Been getting the FF itch again lately and thought about this league. Did Zam's last two boxes ever get in? That kinda sucks if not. :(

Negative. Last two never responded after mentioning they'd send the boxes soon.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

on the bored wop posted:

Hey guys, is there a waiting list for this league? I'd love to get in if a spot opens up.

We should have minimum 2 spots open up next season it looks like :(

Sorry Zam. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send you a Tavour gift card to at least help out some.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Yeah I'm all for making up at least some of the difference for Zam. I'll be going to Vermont in about a week and I'll see if I can scrounge up something good to send along.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Definitely on board to throw in for some kind of compensatory action, though taking any sort of lead on it is a bit beyond me right now thanks to work & school.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I will contribute to this as well

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Same here. I'll be in Portland, ME next week and am sure I can bring back a couple goodies to send.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I'll turn in their toxx's so to speak, and I'd be happy to contribute as well to a compensatory package.

Any ideas for how we can fix this issue? It doesn't happen every year, but occasionally we do have people who don't send out the appropriate boxes and it's really frustrating.

The best idea I can think of is some sort of escrow type setup- everyone pays $50 up front, and it gets refunded when a box is received by the proper recipient. There appears to be apps for this kind of stuff, but I don't have any familiarity with them.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

on the bored wop posted:

We should have openings, do you have any history of beer trading on these forums?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I was going to send a box on my own but if we want to do something collective I'm fine with that.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'll turn in their toxx's so to speak, and I'd be happy to contribute as well to a compensatory package.

Any ideas for how we can fix this issue? It doesn't happen every year, but occasionally we do have people who don't send out the appropriate boxes and it's really frustrating.

The best idea I can think of is some sort of escrow type setup- everyone pays $50 up front, and it gets refunded when a box is received by the proper recipient. There appears to be apps for this kind of stuff, but I don't have any familiarity with them.

I like the $50 escrow idea.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Catfish Noodlin posted:

We should have openings, do you have any history of beer trading on these forums?

No, to be honest I didn't know there was any going on here until I noticed that this league existed. I found the beer trading thread after that but it looked to be super inactive.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'd be fine with the escrow idea

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I think I'm unfortunately going to have to sit out this year. I'm still going to send Zam some make-up beers for sure, but my girlfriend is out of a job and I've got to be "responsible" so.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'm just about to start my second semester of grad school and I've got at least another month of covering for my co-worker who is out on maternity leave, so commissioner duties would be a stretch for me, but I'm happy to help if someone else takes over

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The fantasy: "I said I'm going to send Zam some make up beers. I'll look around my fridge and carefully select a good variety."

The reality: "Uhhh, I said I would do this like a month ago I'll just grab some stuff from my recent haul and get this poo poo out this morning."

Anyway, that's done.

If nobody else will step forward I guess I can try to bungle my way through being commissioner if someone more experienced doesn't want to. Just thinking that we're down three and need to set up a draft soon.

Edit: For that matter maybe we should start a new thread?

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 7, 2019

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I’d like to join if possible.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

The fantasy: "I said I'm going to send Zam some make up beers. I'll look around my fridge and carefully select a good variety."

The reality: "Uhhh, I said I would do this like a month ago I'll just grab some stuff from my recent haul and get this poo poo out this morning."

Anyway, that's done.

If nobody else will step forward I guess I can try to bungle my way through being commissioner if someone more experienced doesn't want to. Just thinking that we're down three and need to set up a draft soon.

Yeah, new thread seems appropriate. If we need to fill the final couple spots I can probably recruit some non-SA folks, but I'm guessing once a new thread is up, we'll be fine.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

Anyway, that's done.

I appreciate it! I will post pictures once it arrives next week.

We do need to setup the draft soon, and I'm sure we can get (3) more pretty easy. Already been some interest in this thread.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I’m unfortunately out this year with goals to be back in 2020.

Just in too many leagues this year :/

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Sorry guys, but I'm in the same boat as alfalfa. Infants and a multitude of fantasy football leagues just don't mix, apparently.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Has this league voted on Snake Draft vs Auction?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Has this league voted on Snake Draft vs Auction?

We did auction last year. Never did that before and it was a lot more fun than I'd expected.

So what are we down now? Mikey Purp, Alfalfa and Catfish? Have the teams that welched on their end been banned yet?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

My vote would be auction, but I think we probably should get the new thread up and running to get all of that sorted.

Quiet, are you good to serves as commissioner? I'm happy to help, but between two other leagues I run and work and school I can't take point.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Veritek83 posted:

My vote would be auction, but I think we probably should get the new thread up and running to get all of that sorted.

Quiet, are you good to serves as commissioner? I'm happy to help, but between two other leagues I run and work and school I can't take point.

Yeah, this'll be a first for me but I'll give it a shot. And I'd vote auction again. As for the draft, I have two back to back on August 25th so that's right out for me. :sweatdrop:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Started a new thread here!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896256

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Well, with Cook now injured, that's likely the end of my run. I didn't think Cook and Edelman would be the ones that let me down, but here we are. Frustrating.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If things go how I think they're going to go then you're going to shithouse me for 3rd place next week. So you got that going for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Quiet Feet posted:

If things go how I think they're going to go then you're going to shithouse me for 3rd place next week. So you got that going for you.

I think this week was my high point. Watching some no name backup get 15+ points instead of Cooks is killing me.

I thought I was done when Lamar went off, but pickups like Perriman gave me hope.