Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It sounds very fun. Also I just started a business and have to whittle my five leagues down to two already. Don't grow up, kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm in. Haven't done a fantasy league since 2013 when I beat my friends so badly they didn't invite me back. :v:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Strobe posted:

I'm in. Haven't done a fantasy league since 2013 when I beat my friends so badly they didn't invite me back. :v:

Good news you can still draft LeSean McCoy and Adrian Peterson

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kiimo posted:

Good news you can still draft LeSean McCoy and Adrian Peterson

I missed the draft for it, and the auto-draft picked Aaron Rodgers, TY Hilton, and Travis Kelce.

It was basically cheating.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

UNION BROADCASTING STATEMENT REGARDING KEVIN KIETZMAN’S COMMENTS ON BTL ON JUNE 24TH

We are aware of the controversial comments made by Kevin Kietzman during yesterday’s broadcast of Between the Lines. We have decided to take the immediate step to take Kevin off the air until further notice as we review this matter.

We take Kevin’s comments and those of all on-air staff seriously. Kevin’s comments were clearly not to his or our standards. Please know that we will take necessary appropriate actions.

We sincerely apologize to Andy Reid and his family, the Kansas City Chiefs organization and our loyal listeners and share their concerns.

Union Broadcasting

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Until proven differently taken off air 'indefinitely' means like a week while the backlash dies down. But as far as it goes, good I guess.

The guy has been slime forever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How stupid do you have to be to get between KC fans and Andy Reid when it looks like a Superbowl might actually happen soon? Like, you had one absolute no no and you manage to piss off just about everyone. Who did he think would be on his side on this? It's been almost unilateral pushback from all parties. Players, coaches, front office, media, fans, people who hate Tyreek Hill, people who don't care if Tyreek Hill eats children as long as he runs fast...they're all against you right now because you brought up his dead loving son and turned the entire population against you.

That's impressive.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

How stupid do you have to be to get between KC fans and Andy Reid when it looks like a Superbowl might actually happen soon? Like, you had one absolute no no and you manage to piss off just about everyone. Who did he think would be on his side on this? It's been almost unilateral pushback from all parties. Players, coaches, front office, media, fans, people who hate Tyreek Hill, people who don't care if Tyreek Hill eats children as long as he runs fast...they're all against you right now because you brought up his dead loving son and turned the entire population against you.

That's impressive.

he's being paid by the Chiefs organization to take the heat off of hill

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The most innovative play Reid ever designed

Like a seppuku death poem

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Any publicity is good publicity. That guy knows the name of the game. If they run him off, he'd be a perfect fit for the sports writing site I'm kickstarting at blackscantplayqb.com

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Funny you mentioned that he harped for a year about how Mahomes wasn't a "winner" at Texas Tech, a team with possibly the worst offensive line and defense combination I've ever seen in Division I football but he still managed to throw for 700 yards in a single game. Got beat by Oklahoma in the end though so I guess he just doesn't have that "want to" that the good ones like Alex Smith possess.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Weren't we talking about doing an AFC West fantasy league? What's up with that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Play posted:

Weren't we talking about doing an AFC West fantasy league? What's up with that

Yeah.

It's July.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Early July.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Yeah.

It's July.

is this true?? could've sworn it was september

Strobe posted:

Early July.

really though I just wanted to put it out there again in case some other people see this and want to play as well

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Does living in an AFC West city qualify me?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Depends which city it is

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Is it Las Vegas?

It’s Las Vegas isn’t it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kansas City

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Flikken posted:

Kansas City

How did I not know this

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Flikken posted:

Kansas City
It'll be allowed.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

How did I not know this

Because I only recently moved here

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'd do the fantasy league

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Im planning on leaving some leagues this year so I'm probably gonna have room for this

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The raiders are...woke? Jom Gruden is building a powerhouse

https://twitter.com/RocketRich30/status/1149017344347447296?s=20

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

god dammit

i really liked jalen richard

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i can never decide if I like Jalen Richard or Deandre Washington better. I also have a sneaking suspicion that they may actually be the same person

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Leperflesh posted:

god dammit

i really liked jalen richard

?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol hard knocks is gonna rule

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Elway's new strategy: Measles

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Croatoan posted:

Elway's new strategy: Measles

"Really cold out here today, Jon. Here, we've brought blankets..."

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Raku posted:

"Really cold out here today, Jon. Here, we've brought blankets..."

lol

Elway wrote a letter to Congress in support of Neil Gorsuch. There's your fun Elway fact of the day

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Mark Davis wrote one too. I believe it was an "M"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1156217720146452481

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Good

Play
Apr 25, 2006

You need to be terrified of lower leg injuries too, bitch

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If someone can get a new AFC West thread going for 2019, I'd be appreciative.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
AFC West 3.0: Pioneering the No-Look Post

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AFC West 3.0: We get it, Mahomes is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014