Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Shrapnig posted:

The FedEx Cup starts in two weeks and the Ryder Cup at the end of September.

And if Tiger plays anything better than ok in the first two FedEx Cup events he's going to the Ryder Cup.

He could miss the cut in both events and still make the team. There's NO WAY he isn't picked to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kameh posted:

He could miss the cut in both events and still make the team. There's NO WAY he isn't picked to play.

You're probably right.

He's projected to move to 20th in the FedEx Cup and 26th in the OWGR after today. He was at 1199 before the Hero World Challenge and 656 at the start of the calendar year.

Edit: Tiger's up to 11th in Ryder Cup points too. Not bad since he didn't play at all last year.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 13, 2018

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Tiger was inches away from winning a Major Championship, there is no way he doesn’t get picked as a player for the Ryder Cup.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

If tiger doesn’t make the team I don’t think Furyk can ever enter another tournament again.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

am i misremembering or has tiger always been kinda iffy at the ryder? or maybe it's just the match play part. Or am I way off?

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

DJExile posted:

am i misremembering or has tiger always been kinda iffy at the ryder? or maybe it's just the match play part. Or am I way off?

His Ryder Cup team record is so so, but he has a stellar singles record because he's Tiger Woods in match play.

Also Tiger Woods has been on 1 winning Ryder Cup team: 1999. Think about that.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Hey lucky winner, where are we sending Buttcoin?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Congrats Shapur. I can’t stand Kisner and his chew tobacco though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I should have let that motherfucker stick with his illegal Fleetwood pick.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Not so long ago I would've bet cash money that Tiger wouldn't even play again, let alone have 2 shots at a major in the same year.

Also, how the hell does Koepka do it? Seems like he lays low all year, then the majors come around and boom. Does he save up his midichlorians or what?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's an incredibly underrated and overlooked player for some reason. He's going to be number 2 in the world when the rankings come out tomorrow.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
He did on the European tour what Peter Uihlein is trying to do - find success on the Euro tour that translates to success over here.

He's got guts and drives the ball as well as DJ or Rory, but he's not a household name quite yet because he somehow has less personality than DJ. I'm not even sure that he likes golf. He definitely comes off as cocky and arrogant in some interviews, and though he's won three Majors now, he's only won four total events on the PGA tour. Needs to pump those numbers up, or he'll just be another Angel Cabrera.

Kameh fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 13, 2018

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Angel Cabrera has an actual personality tho

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I like the interview he gave yesterday when he talked about being in the gym with DJ and people came up to him after DJ had left and were like "did you see that guy, hes Dustin Johnson, number one in the world"

Now Koepka is number 2 and has won two more majors than DJ.

Koepka seems like you're typical meathead but DJ is definitely a few IQ points shy of "average"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Brooks is a loving beast. 8 top 10s in his last 17 majors.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Brooks is a loving beast. 8 top 10s in his last 17 majors.

Well he's won three of the last seven he's played which doesn't hurt that number. Remember he missed The Masters(yes I know that's in the pic you posted)

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Brooks is a fantastic player but he has the personality equivalent of eating cereal with water poured onto it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dr. Capco posted:

Brooks is a fantastic player but he has the personality equivalent of eating cereal with water poured onto it.

I don't disagree but it's not like DJ, Spieth, JT, or any of the other young Americans other than Fatrick have a personality.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dr. Capco posted:

He's also got the severe disadvantage of a typical fan not being able to spell his name or maybe even be able to pronounce it if they see it on the leaderboards.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Nothing from the tournament made Sporcenter's Top 10. If Tiger had won, I guarantee half the top 10 would've been him.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

zapplez posted:

He's also got the severe disadvantage of a typical fan not being able to spell his name or maybe even be able to pronounce it if they see it on the leaderboards.

Because of his name I always thought he was South African when he started on the Euro Tour lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Brooks doesn't even like golf and has said in interviews if he could do it over again he would've chosen baseball over golf lol

This is his exact quote

"To be honest, I'm not a big golf nerd," Koepka said in 2015. "Golf is kind of boring, not much action. I come from a baseball family, and it's in my blood."

"If I could do it over again, I'd play baseball—100 percent, no doubt," Koepka said.

The future of golf, doesn't even like golf? lol

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Keyser_Soze posted:

Hey lucky winner, where are we sending Buttcoin?

This is my first entry, it looks like I won some balls that I can quickly shank OB?

Please PM me for my address if you dont mind, Id rather not post my address here.

Shrapnig posted:

I should have let that motherfucker stick with his illegal Fleetwood pick.

Thank you for your strict rules enforcement.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Shapur posted:

This is my first entry, it looks like I won some balls that I can quickly shank OB?

Please PM me for my address if you dont mind, Id rather not post my address here.

Thank you for your strict rules enforcement.

Usually everyone sends $20 via paypal. Not sure anyone sends balls anymore?

Shoot me an email -> mattfl @ gmail ... I don't have PMs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SHapur I'll send you balls if you want. I'll PM you.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

That makes much more sense.

paypal is: ryantrzaska@gmail.com

thanks all!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Shapur posted:

thanks all!

Money incoming!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Nothing from the tournament made Sporcenter's Top 10. If Tiger had won, I guarantee half the top 10 would've been him.

Matt Wallace made a hole in one yesterday and nobody knows about it because nobody knows who he is. CBS had Tiger’s putt on 18 as the shot of the day which is nonsense.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Shapur posted:

thanks all!

Sent!

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

mattfl posted:

Brooks doesn't even like golf and has said in interviews if he could do it over again he would've chosen baseball over golf lol

This is his exact quote

"To be honest, I'm not a big golf nerd," Koepka said in 2015. "Golf is kind of boring, not much action. I come from a baseball family, and it's in my blood."

"If I could do it over again, I'd play baseball—100 percent, no doubt," Koepka said.

The future of golf, doesn't even like golf? lol

This is quote of the year poo poo. Hey, all you assholes that I'm better than, I don't even like your dumb game. I like the even more autistic sport.

Also, Robocop cracked a big smile when his barfly-looking GF came over for a smooch. I really like this guy.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Money sent.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Money sent. But with bitterness in my heart.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Received from 7 of 9 already! Thanks guys, will be spent frivolously on golf gear

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shapur posted:

will be spent frivolously on golf gear

Attaway :cheers:

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Anyone interested in a grey Cutter & Buck quarterzip I got at the PGA? Size L with tags still on. I was in a rush at the merch tent trying to beat crowds and I didnt try it on, its a bit too large on me. PM me and i can send pictures/price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Shapur posted:

Received from 7 of 9 already! Thanks guys, will be spent frivolously on golf gear

NO such thing. All golf expenditures are worthy.

• Locked thread