Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
The Guillotine league is a fantasy football eliminator league in which the lowest scoring team is eliminated each week. It starts with 17 teams, and one by one teams are removed until there's only two left for the championship in week 16. However there's a twist in the guillotine: all the eliminated team's players are dropped to waivers for the rest of the league to claim.

Here's a plagiarized list of the rules:

quote:

It’s your basic 17 team eliminator style league where the worst scoring team is eliminated each week. The twist with a Guillotine league is that the eliminated team’s players are dropped and available for the remaining teams via waivers. It is run as a points league. There are no divisions.

All teams are comprised of 14 players (7 starters and 7 bench players), as follows:

1 Quarterback
2 Running Backs
2 Wide Receivers
1 Tight End
1 Flex Player (RB/WR/TE)
7 Bench Spots
No K or DEF

Players in your starting lineup will lock at their scheduled kickoff. That means you can add/remove a player from your starting lineup as long as their game hasn’t started.

There will be no spots for injured reserve. You will need to decide if a player is worth taking up a roster spot.

This is a total points league. There is no league schedule.

Each week the lowest scoring team for that week will be eliminated and that team's players will be dropped. I will be doing this manually at some point each Tuesday.

There are no playoffs. A team is eliminated every week for 15 weeks. Week 16 will be the championship game between the 2 remaining teams.

Trading is not allowed in Guillotine leagues.

The league utilizes a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) Blind-Bidding waivers system. Each owner begins with a $1000 FAAB budget to place blind bids on waived players. To pick up a player who is on waivers, a minimum bid of $0 must be made. The owner with the highest bid will acquire the player, and for the exact dollar amount that was bid. Since this is blind-bidding, other owners will not be able to see your bid amount (and for what player) until waiver claims are processed. All bid amounts must be made in $1 increments.

Blind bidding is not conditional. Simply bid the amount you want on a player along with the player you want dropped (if you have an open roster spot you don’t need to drop a player).

In the event two or more owners bid an equal amount on the same player, the following criteria will be used (in a worst-to-first manner) to break the tie:

Continual Rolling List

For my sanity I'm planning on continuous waivers, which process Thursdays and Sundays. Open to changing this.

A player may be dropped at any time, regardless of when or how they were acquired.

This is a free league
It will be hosted on Yahoo
Scoring settings are Yahoo default half PPR
Draft date will be August 30, 6 PM pacific
If you join, I only ask that you try to be active throughout the season, assuming you haven't been eliminated. With the waiver rules you should only need to check in a couple times per week, once to claim people and once to set lineups.

Sound interesting? Please post or PM an email and I'll send out an invite.

LesBeardly fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
Maybe these forums are too dead to recruit from but I still need five or so more people to fill this league. Draft date is August 30th, 6 PM pacific.

• Locked thread