Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO IS BEST CAT
Bartender
Pianist
Cellist
Singer
View Results

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
ah poo poo I almost forgot

:siren: go time is in about 3 and a half hours from this post (10 AM GMT+10) :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
:siren: Game's up, today's theme is fluffy boys :siren:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That was a crashtastic session.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
I'm glad I could pop in for at least the last few maps.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
:siren: server's closed, got the ending and another map in, then the server died :siren:

(Pepsiman is an honorary fluffy boy for today only.)

Thanks to everyone for coming by, I'll see if I can have everything up by the end of tomorrow here.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Crashing on the very last map of the night is a very integral part of the Jazztronauts experience!

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Geemer posted:

Crashing on the very last map of the night is a very integral part of the Jazztronauts experience!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think we had to click on those crystals to get NG+.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Yeah, you need to activate the crystals to get the next NG+.

Rushing for 10 or 11 or whatever number Hellcubes was not as fast as expected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6MZo147VLc
Music:
45 '10 aka Swingo - Que Chevere!

The true ending! thanks cats. thats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__iRHDC98qE

It's done. Thanks Daeren for dropping by, and thanks everyone for stopping by or posting your finest baked goods! Good luck and happy trash hunting to anyone who bought gmod or subscribed to the mod.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Thank you for let's playing this game, and even more for letting us pop in from time to time.

It was a lot of fun, and seeing others' attempts at the sticky bun recipe was pretty great as well!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Garry's Mod just got an update to fix a bunch of crashing issues.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Thanks for the fun Let's Play and for giving me a reason to finally actually try GMod after owning it for years without touching it.

My only regret is that I didn't realize to try suiciding while in the waiting box to get to the map spawn and steal all the NPCs in the middle of the cutscene.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Geemer posted:

My only regret is that I didn't realize to try suiciding while in the waiting box to get to the map spawn and steal all the NPCs in the middle of the cutscene.

Indeed. I popped in there at the last second doing that.

Shotaro
Apr 22, 2010
Hell of a ride, worth every bit of it. Thanks a bunch for doing this, Atlatl, and all my kudos to the people who put this whole thing together! I was expecting a mostly-comedic jaunt through the silly places of the internet when this all started -- I sure didn't expect it to go so deeply into the human element and pull it off with such tremendous class.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The Refreshing Toilets map is a reference to Mother 3. Feel free to look it up, but it's mild spoilers for an excellent game. The music is excellent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ9PmwVjc4A

This LP was cool and fun and educational, thank you for doing it.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

I can't wait to see what you end up doing next.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

This was a really great LP. :unsmith:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Yeah, this was a great LP of a great game. Definitely incredibly well written and not what I was expecting given the game's premise. Although I declare the other ending to be the true one because this didn't involve cinnamon buns.

Is it possible to fail any of the conversations/plotlines?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Thanks ya'll. :3:

Crazy Achmed posted:

Is it possible to fail any of the conversations/plotlines?

Not really, the only thing close to that is if you pick an obviously labeled option which will dump you out to let you do that scene over or skip it. Pretty sure they weren't clearly labeled before, though.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Phew, it seemed like there was room to make some really bad choices - especially with the cellist. So it's just taken for granted that the eldritch and powerful void cat is just kinda there, and that things are going to be A-OK and it'll kinda just let it slide that you ran it over with an interdimensional trolley bus?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Crazy Achmed posted:

Phew, it seemed like there was room to make some really bad choices - especially with the cellist. So it's just taken for granted that the eldritch and powerful void cat is just kinda there, and that things are going to be A-OK and it'll kinda just let it slide that you ran it over with an interdimensional trolley bus?
Well it turned form Ominous Red Gradient to Rainbow when we last saw it, didn't we? That's... probably positive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Reading through the script stuff revealed that it was supposed to be a much more dynamic cutscene. But I imagine that's mainly due to engine limitations or lack of time to implement all the stuff needed for the single cutscene.

Maybe Daeren can weigh in on that a little.

The only real "failure" state is picking the third option and try to call the trolley before you have completed all the cats' quests, which just puts you in the normal bad end.