Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Evil Eagle posted:

The other control option in ace combat games seriously hinders your ability to play and I don't know why it's there

IIRC Novice controls were essentially designed to give players who are more used to a grounded 3D game world (platformers, driving games etc) a feel for the general style of play and a more three-dimensional style of movement, and new players are meant to adjust them to Standard about a couple of missions in. For some reason they changed it to ‘standard’ and ‘expert’ in this one, which just upends everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This game is cool and reminds me why I like this series

Strangereal rules

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’ll start my second playthrough soon but I’m hooked on AC5 so many great missions

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Finished the game. Really good but drones kinda lack charisma and the series staple trench run isn't as cool as the other games

The game owns really hard overall though, probably gonna replay it a couple more times

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Bought this yesterday, it’s amazing so far. The air combat feels quite good and the difficulty feels really balanced on hard mode.

The story... well... it’s fine.

Are there aces to fight in each mission in this?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

lmao

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

All the missions feel pretty similar so far. Do a part with ground targets>drones show up after.

It’s way more interesting fighting other planes

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

my morning jackass posted:

Bought this yesterday, it’s amazing so far. The air combat feels quite good and the difficulty feels really balanced on hard mode.

The story... well... it’s fine.

Are there aces to fight in each mission in this?

New Game+ for the aces I think, OP

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’m almost done a second playthrough on ace mode and I find it much more enjoyable. The AI planes actually present a reasonable challenge, especially towards the end. Also with better aircraft the early levels against the drones are far less tedious.

The sound design of this game is so good. OST really sets the mood, and it feels so good to just evade a missile and hear it rocket by.

It’s pretty hard to get aces to appear I feel. I’ve had a couple s ranks where they didn’t come up.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I’m reviving my thread since…there is another Ace Combat in the works! Hopefully it’s not a mobile or f2p game.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-19-new-ace-combat-game-in-development

Having only vaguely enjoyed AC7 the first time around I’ve gone through it again and really enjoyed it. I’ll be honest and say some of the DLC planes make it more fun as to unlock some of the really neat ones in the base game is pretty grindy. Some great music as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
i suddenly remembered the expert controls exist after beating the game lol, im so quick now