Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
twitter is good, just follow the good people (like me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its actually bad

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
now that wint has a book there is zero reason left for twitter to exist

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

we got a call that somebody wants to stop using twitter?? you;re in big trouble bud!!!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

echinopsis posted:

i’m now into curvy girls on instagram like this https://www.instagram.com/arabellasruby it’s so good

hubba hubba

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i have a twitter account but have never tooted or followed anyone. sounds like i made the right move.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wish you’d never posted!!!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

President Beep posted:

wish you’d never posted!!!

you can't really mean that

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
nah, we cool!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
twitter really is the best

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I unfollowed a bunch of people the other day, I couldn't even remember why I followed them in the first place. almost everything they post is smug annoying poo poo.

good thing none of them were mutuals, my mutuals are good :smugdog:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

twitter really is the best

it is but your follows gotta be on point

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

titter

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

http://twitter.net

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i should've done this yesterday evening

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

it is but your follows gotta be on point

indeed

and when you join twitter, it recommends all sorts of poo poo. if you did it their way, youd give up right away.

i like to tell people that with facebook you add your friends, while with twitter you are joining a community (that you have to find)

also the native twitter app aint so good.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah, it’s pretty crappy. they just hosed around with a bunch of stuff that broke a bunch of cool features that tweetbot had too.

:rip: stats summary

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

just canoe poast and argue with bots while your car drives you to work until that fateful day it smooches the guardrail and you ascend to hackerheaven

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

echinopsis posted:

i’m now into curvy girls on instagram like this https://www.instagram.com/arabellasruby it’s so good

Lots of struggling corsets fighting the good fight in this link.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

yeah, it’s pretty crappy. they just hosed around with a bunch of stuff that broke a bunch of cool features that tweetbot had too.

:rip: stats summary

rip tweetbot

still works

but now i never get information about likes

and replies come through slowly

:qq:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
guess it's illegal to have an app that uses the website itself and rips the info rather than the api :defeated:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Roosevelt posted:

i have a twitter account but have never tooted or followed anyone. sounds like i made the right move.

the only winning move is not to play

I’ve been using Twitter mainly to read & retweet Seth Abramson these days, actual interaction has started to move to Mastodon

as usual the Apple dev community are early adopters and a whole bunch of folks have moved all at the same time (just like we did to App.net)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

atomicthumbs posted:

i should've done this yesterday evening

but now you have A Platform, you can get a message out and people will listen maybe

I guess you’re supposed to say something about SoundCloud these days? idk

Hammockbottom
Apr 10, 2005

It was Hamhockbottom right?

Sham bam bamina! posted:

now that wint has a book there is zero reason left for twitter to exist

this medium sounds very timely, do you get hot off the press tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Hammockbottom posted:

this medium sounds very timely, do you get hot off the press tweets

wow check out goonensperg over here.

• Locked thread