Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
So, when are you picking it up?

(Stop making me want a Citroen as well please!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Grakkus posted:

Also, somebody please talk me out of buying a peugeot 403 pickup

No

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

MrOnBicycle posted:

(Stop making me want a Citroen as well please!)

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Those Ronals look amazing.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Grakkus posted:

OMG that's amazing, I want it so bad.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Grakkus posted:

Not a chance, that is a cool truck

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Not the Citroen!

https://i.imgur.com/6h3EeYp.gifv

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Normally I just lurk in AI, but holy poo poo, you have to buy the Columbo truck.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

The 403 pickup *mayyyyy* be in the works... will keep you all updated.

In the meantime, UK goons, this would be a pretty great winter daily

stump
Jan 19, 2006

That ZX popped up in one of my eBay “sadly increasingly rare cars” watch lists. Looks like a lot better than a lot of the trash that’s popped up lately.

It’s mostly stuff I had years ago when they were worth peanuts and regret selling (mostly to the scrap man).

Related to this thread - there is a french guy who is fitting a ZX xud to a dangel c15 4x4 van. He’s also got a lifted off road 205. It’s brilliant.

https://instagram.com/baptistepitois

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

That ZX Volcane went for £740. Probably best I forgot to check on it a couple hours before the end, or I might have been tempted to bid..

stump posted:

Related to this thread - there is a french guy who is fitting a ZX xud to a dangel c15 4x4 van. He’s also got a lifted off road 205. It’s brilliant.

https://instagram.com/baptistepitois

Normally extremely not into diesels but that is drat cool :discourse:

Grakkus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 26, 2020

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Content coming soon, I've been repainting several elements of the car with varying levels of success, I don't have a lot of experience with it and have made some errors. Oh well, that's how you learn I guess!

In the meantime, who likes rotaries? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303793982794?fbclid=IwAR2S1uEug-GPk13tx-_aNL9LQH88cFts7YWcG4w286-lOB2sX6by8nCl2oE

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

:swoon:

A Birotor has to be the most masochistic car choice...a 1970s car...a 1970s French car...a 1970s French car with hydropneumatic suspension...a 1970s French car with hydropneumatic suspension and a rotary engine...a 1970s French car with hydropneumatic suspension and a rotary engine which has no parts support because the manufacturer un-personed it.

I mean the one thing that is consistently good about old Citroens is that they have engines that are basically unbreakable. So let's have one with a type of engine that ruined virtually every company that tried to implement it (including Citroen!)

What could go wrong? (Answer: Everything from the tyre treads upwards and between the number plates)

One of my 'motoring what-ifs' that I would build if I was an idle billionaire is a Series 1 CX with a Birotor (or failing that a Mazda 13B) with C-Matic transmission just to experience the CX as it was conceived. It would go with my Series 1 Daimler Sovereign LWB with the 4.5-litre V8 instead of the Jag XK6...

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

I firmly believe that in an alternate dimension, Citroen put all the intended engines into their cars - the 6cyl DS, the V8 SM, the rotary GS and CX, they make the activa sports car, and become a French BMW or Mercedes :sigh:

Also,

Somewhat regretting painting mine red now...

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
god drat it I need to buy a Fulvia

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

I happen to be about to put my S1 up for sale...

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Grakkus posted:

I happen to be about to put my S1 up for sale...

what side is the steering wheel on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Outright now but I'll post more soon