Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yea wtf. It’s been on my prime watchlist forever but now it’s saying “currently unavailable :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baronash posted:

I missed this when it first came out, and now there seems to be no legal way to watch it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/season-1/8d6kgwzlccsz?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

It's technically available from Microsoft if you're so inclined

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Here lies Suleiman, shot in the back by John Patrick Ryan over a matter of 40 mg of cesium.]

Binged the whole thing when I probably shouldn't have. The main plot sounds like someone with a head injury describing Executive Orders. Dude is orphaned by Israelis, rejected and imprisoned by the French, so he takes a shot at the American president? Okay sure. We go through a detailed subplot of them safely and successfully weaponizing Ebola but just handwave finding enough material to make a dirty bomb, and successfully smuggling it and all my terrorist buddies into the U.S. for reasons? Sure. "We've been rolling with cell phone detonators for seven episodes, but this time I made sure to bring equipment to wire it to a land line just in case we are discovered and they implement a protocol that we didn't otherwise expect or plan for but allow us still execute our nefarious plan so long as we don't run to the only parts of the city that don't have cell phone coverage. Great! Our hero's journey is learning to not give a gently caress about civilian casualties? Jesus.

Why the gently caress didn't Terrorist Wunderkind activate the bomb after getting away clean?

beanieson posted:

It’s watchable but with plenty of flaws. Anybody ever catch the AMC show Rubicon? Really good single season slow burn spy thriller that was very realistic.

Rubicon is good, but I really wish it had gone the bonkers way it was set up to in the pilot. It quickly shift gears from a show where analysts are looking for terrorist chatter in the loving crossword to something way more grounded that is well done, but less fun.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
God drat, I read all the pages of the thread waiting to see if anyone else noticed they straight up ripped off the ending of the movie Heat.

Both involve:
-Protagonist spotting antagonist outside large building with cops all over (Hospital vs hotel)
-Antagonist seeing the person they care for the most (Suleiman's son vs De Niro's girlfriend)
-Antagonist's loved one seeing the antagonist choose to abandon them so they can get away
-Protagonist killing antagonist at mass transit station (subway vs airplane runaway)

:psyduck:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Tehran 1979 posted:

-Antagonist's loved one seeing the antagonist choose to abandon them so they can get away

In this case it was justified because Suleiman's son is an idiot.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Tehran 1979 posted:

God drat, I read all the pages of the thread waiting to see if anyone else noticed they straight up ripped off the ending of the movie Heat.

Both involve:
-Protagonist spotting antagonist outside large building with cops all over (Hospital vs hotel)
-Antagonist seeing the person they care for the most (Suleiman's son vs De Niro's girlfriend)
-Protagonist killing antagonist at mass transit station (subway vs airplane runaway)

:psyduck:

Its almost like basic story structure or something.

Like yeah, I thought the finale was a bit of a damp fart, but still.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Baronash posted:

In this case it was justified because Suleiman's son is an idiot.

I'm cautious of the use of the word "trope" in serious discussions on media due to A Particular Website, but nonetheless I'm so sick of the "dumbshit kid causes conflict due to shortsightedness/immaturity" trope

stay in the house, Carl
keep the bunker door closed, Simone
stop being an extremist, Son of Suleiman

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Anyone else catch the new season? I ended up low-key enjoying it, mostly the episodes set in Venezuela. The first half felt like a completely different show to the second, though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's really bad especially all the cliches like the evil banana republic trying to steal the election but heroic Americans managed do a regime change to help the good guys.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

See, I go all in for that kind of stuff. I loved it when they stormed the presidential palace in broad daylight and took out Reyes' entire security force with five guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Octy posted:

See, I go all in for that kind of stuff. I loved it when they stormed the presidential palace in broad daylight and took out Reyes' entire security force with five guys.

Also how the US is able to fly blackhawk helicopters loaded with soldiers in the banana republic dictator's airspace and he's none the wiser.