Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
August's theme was Black and Black, where I somehow managed to win with this bad boy:

which was shot real quick while flailing around on descent while trying to not throw up into my loop due to seasickness.

This month's theme is Stupid Animals, something you twist interpret any way you want. Feel free to get your Kai Wong street photography school of weird grandpas on. Entries are due September 31st!

RULES:
This thread is for posting pics & voting.
1. One submission/poster. Note that you can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins! Edit your post to do this, please.
2. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
3. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favorites!
4. Contest will be open until the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. EST after which voting will begin.
5. Voting will continue until some time after that, probably around midnight the evening of the 2nd or 3rd.
6. Use your best judgement/good taste when venturing into territory.
7. When voting, please deploy the spoiler tag.

I or SoundMonkey reserve the right to change the rules in case I missed something really obvious that probably won't affect anyone.

Winner picks the next theme, and makes the new thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Stupid animals? Just goldmine this thread now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Looking ridiculous is at least stupid adjacent.

e: gently caress! Bested already!

President Beep fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 5, 2018

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
The old fake leg trick-9352 on Flickr

Heavy Hands
Jan 1, 2006

Helmut
the
Mysterion
At a zoo, so it's probably cheating.

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
I have it on good authority this bird is terrible at math.

Reworked Egret Portrait Tall by noonebutme2010, on Flickr

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
IMG_9529

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
P8040094 by Cody P, on Flickr

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Titled: Ostrich Eat He Own Butte

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
This bug gets bullied by the other bugs for not being very smart.

IMG_8602.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I'm a little late but submissions are closed up now! Too bad, because they were really excellent. Place your votes!

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
KinkyJohn

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

KinkyJohn

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
KinkyJohn

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
tk. I can choose no other.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
KinkyJohn

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Thom12255

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Helen Highwater, I like dat nerd bug.

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
KinkyJohn

rio
Mar 20, 2008

CodfishCartographer

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
................ tk

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
pseudorandom, although shout out to HeavyHands for finding the derpiest llama ever

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Thom12255

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
KinkyJohn

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
  Thom12255 

Pooper Trooper
Jul 4, 2011

neveroddoreven

KinkyJohn

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Helen Highwater

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Thom12255

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I'm gonna call voting closed so that we can get the next contest started. Thank you everyone for participating!

Kinky wins with 7 votes for the highly classy, print-worthy (i would actually hang this on my wall, nobody would know what it is until they stare at it a few minutes) B&W ostrich eat he own butte

Thom came in second with a strong showing of 4, and shoutouts to tk with 3 for a monkey sniffing his own boner. highly relatable pic

Kinky, you get to make the next thread. Godspeed.

• Locked thread