Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
I'm not sure why I'm bringing attention to this but here goes.
Due to a contract dispute between the Danish FA and the players union, caused in part by competing sponsorship issues, tonight's friendly away game against Slovakia will be contested by representatives from some of our sunday leagues, only one of whom has ever even been close to top flight football, as well as several members of the national futsal team.

They will be playing 4-2-3-1, with John Faxe Jensen as coach.

Tickets to the game are still available, for 1 euro a pop.

Looking forward to some records being broken, and most likely also some shins.

GG please do what you want with this thread, I regret making it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The record is 149, but that was just one team scoring own goals under protest.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

jeebus bob posted:

GG please do what you want with this thread, I regret making it already.

Nah, this is a weird situation that deserves some discussion. I've changed the title though.

The team will play the actual UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE game against Wales if something doesn't get sorted out, right? That I think is the real chance for a broken scoreboard.

The current slovakia match is at 2-0 with 38 minutes played. So not good, but not absurd by any means.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This is every poo poo clogger's dream and I'm glad that a bunch of Sunday league players get to represent their country.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
And they do it with style...

https://twitter.com/NicolaiSor/status/1037423054568206336?s=19

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Gigi Galli posted:

The team will play the actual UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE game against Wales if something doesn't get sorted out, right?

Yup :derp:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

I almost spit my coffee at the pat on the back

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Oh and just for the record:

All these plucky little part-time players enjoying the experience of a lifetime are a bunch of loving scabs :commissar:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

jeebus bob posted:

Oh and just for the record:

All these plucky little part-time players enjoying the experience of a lifetime are a brunch of loving scabs :commissar:

Lol this hadn't even occurred to me

There's plenty of examples of teams full of awful semi-pro players putting up a good fight against real actual good teams though, so while they'll almost certainly lose I don't see any reason to think they'll lose by any record setting score

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

vyelkin posted:

This is every poo poo clogger's dream and I'm glad that a bunch of Sunday league players get to represent their country.

gonna be some real bad injuries rip if you have any slovakian players on your team :shepicide:

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Fun fact: this match had higher attendance than the last friendly (played in Slovakia) between the two countries.
Less fun fact: everything else about this match.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

What a disgusting human

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

oh cool now there are two teams of sheep-herding amateurs under the danish crown for scotland to grab a plucky draw against

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
American samoa conceded over 30 but those players would probably get pumped by most European sunday league teams.

They'll probably get embarrassed but even Gibraltar put up a decent fight most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Something is rotten in the state of denmark

• Locked thread