Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

grassy gnoll posted:

I think Q Hayashida likes drawing people with huge tits regardless of their gender, and that's probably as far as the thinking went.
Well whether you like them or not you're gonna see them in SEASON TWO OF DOROHEDORO!!!!(!!)

https://twitter.com/cjAus101723/status/1718592719482761247

Pierson fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Holy poo poo, are you serious? I have given up any hope that the anime would ever get a sequel. :woop:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
i think the nudity conversation happened due to my ancient review of binge reading the manga. I will say that my biggest complaint was constantly putting Nikaido in threatening situations while she was fully nude which is absolutely not some kind of altruistic/female-gaze/female-authorship/value neutral scenario. That kind of thing is absolutely attempting to do something to the audience whether its titillate or shock or whatever. Also its perfectly fine if a female author wants to draw smutty nude people and prefers female bodies, so Q can do whatever she wants. I just didn't care for it that much and felt it was a little cheap while reading it. There is also nothing inherently wrong with indulgent sexuality stuff in a work but I think the world of Dorohedoro is already so interesting and weird it didn't need to go there.

Overall the manga still whipped so i'm looking forward to season 2!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Nikaido in particular gets put in these juxtapositions of sexuality and extreme danger/threat. The one that comes to mind is when En's mushroom (not a euphemism) bursts out of her torso and rips her top off. She's not a damsel character at all otherwise so it's more incongruous than anything.

Anyway, new anime! I wonder if Netflix is still attached.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Wow I never thought it would get a season 2. Cool.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is there confirmation from anyone who isn't some rando on twitter

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

is there confirmation from anyone who isn't some rando on twitter

yeah i can't find anything corroborating this

it would be too cruel to do this too me if it's fake

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

yeah ok check out this tweet from that same account: https://twitter.com/cjAus101723/status/1669732742831939585?lang=en

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It is a deeply shameful thing for a man to be both a devil, and a crybaby. A man must choose.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
:negative:

Buying a blue check just for fake announcements is diabolical.

mycot fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 30, 2023

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Whoops thats what I get for believing twitter. Oh well.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
hate it when people use the disinformation website to purposefully mislead people

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
IT'S REAL THIS TIME LET'S GOOOOO

https://twitter.com/dorohedoro_PR/status/1744645187123527749

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Best news of the new year

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can't believe it happened

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i want a loving date

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
hell yeah

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Outstanding

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, I just finished doing a reread and was sad that we probably weren't getting any more of the anime.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
But what about Devilman Crybaby Season 2?!?!?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

But what about Devilman Crybaby Season 2?!?!?
That would be indistinguishable from rewatching Devilman Crybaby, except for the extra moon.

because YHWH is a universe-resetting motherfucka

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

muscles like this! posted:

Lol, I just finished doing a reread and was sad that we probably weren't getting any more of the anime.

literally yesterday i was recommending it to a friend but directing him to the manga because the anime ended before stuff really kicks off so now i'm once again the big idiot

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The manga is still a bit better in my opinion, the art just has so much character. But definitely still a fun show to watch to see how it works in motion.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

Ccs posted:

The manga is still a bit better in my opinion, the art just has so much character. But definitely still a fun show to watch to see how it works in motion.

it really helped that the animation was done by MAPPA

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

honestly i really like the character that the anime added to the story, even if it couldn't bring all of the scratchy grungy art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY3MyHAFc68

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

congrats to all my anime only friends

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is pretty funny in a reread/watch you can see Sho hanging around during Blue Night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
I finished Dorohedoro tonight, after binge-reading the last seven volumes in like three days. What a loving RIDE.