Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
final fantasy 7 was a watershed for all rpgs. before that most companies were hesitant to bring over niche stuff that was way more expensive to import because of the need of relatively massive translations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 43 - The Final Shrine

Goldark and Wein go for the final shrine once again, and a minor flaw in my plan regarding Katmando is brought to the surface.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
If you have any crests left, I am going to STRONGLY reccomend that you give Wein samurai, just so that he isn't complete dead weight.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
We've got plenty of crests....awards, though? A bit less. I've finished the game with everyone having their starting troop types (probably aside from Bad Magic Boy and Teiris), so we might be OK.

It's funny, though, because the game has been pretty much a cake walk up until that one shrine. We're fast approaching the point (the very end-ish) where seeing an actual game over screen is very possible.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 44 - Gongos Does What Katmandon't

Gongos takes on Katmando, but not before someone else makes the ultimate sacrifice.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 9, 2019

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

I would assume that if you were able to get down to the shrine and power up the thing without getting chumped by Katmando, that Ramda would live.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
I can't say for sure, but I don't recall that happening. Then again my memory is pretty fuzzy on the specifics of the very end of the game, which is basically where we're at. If anyone happens to know for sure one way or the other I'd be interested in finding out, though.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Ramda can never be saved. His sacrifice is necessary to bring down Katmando's protections and awaken the Dragon Power, no matter the kingdom chosen.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Cool so keeping Gongos near Katmando was indeed the right idea...I just mistimed things a little. Or maybe you have to lose a fight against him before Ramda will do his stuff. Either way, I'm glad I didn't have to walk my rear end all the way back down to the Forest Shrine.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 45 - Dragons Attack!

As Wein and Goldark meet up with the rest of the Dragon Force, the world destroying dragon soldiers of Madruk go on the offensive. Uryll cares not for their shenanigans.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
I ship uryll and zanon.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Huh, interesting, that dragon you fought with samurai bugged a bit and just let someone attack him unopposed until another samurai came up to rejigger his AI. I wonder if you had changed tactics to standby fast enough if he had stayed bugged and let the samurai slice him longer.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Huh, interesting, that dragon you fought with samurai bugged a bit and just let someone attack him unopposed until another samurai came up to rejigger his AI. I wonder if you had changed tactics to standby fast enough if he had stayed bugged and let the samurai slice him longer.

Oh I actually didn't notice that, but maybe.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 46 - The Final Battle Begins

We continue to fend off dragon attacks as Gongos and the rest of the Dragon Force travel to put a stop to Madruk's revival.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

At this point Uryll and her sidekick Ramzal need to go down in history as legendary dragon slayers, and each myth about them will play out with Ramzal facing the threat to get Worf'd, thus proving how dangerous they are, before Uryll clowns them like Kenshiro or One Punch Man.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Did you know there was an online multiplayer spinoff of this game? I remember hearing about it (though I had no clue about its connection to Dragon Force) and being very interested in it, but I had no way to try it out for the same reason it was doomed from the start - it was for the Nokia N-Gage.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That's wild. Looking it up a bit, the translation is like, "What if we did the Working Designs anachronisms thing, but didn't even try to be clever or interesting?"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Basically it's supposed to be super meta where everyone knows they're in a game, and the story is about beating some griefers or something.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Wow definitely didn't know that game existed. I've been wanting to get an N-gage for awhile just as a sort of novelty item, and I'd definitely want to pick up Pocket Kingdom for it even though it looks....maybe not great based on the gameplay I just watched. But then, is anything on the N-gage great? I imagine the scale runs from terrible to acceptable at best.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 47 - Destruction's End

The Dragon Force must stop two more apostles as Gongos rushes to prevent Madruk from fully reviving.

This is the final episode of the campaign! However assuming I can get it to work, I want to do one more short bonus video that shows off debug mode a little bit. It'll probably go up sometime this weekend if all goes well.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Man, that ending sequence seemed... really easy? Maybe it would have been meaner if we were underleveled (in most of the other scenarios, I think the burden of getting the Force up to snuff falls a lot more on you), but as it was we sorta just bowled over the whole thing without much difficulty.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Yep, pretty easy. In most other scenarios the Force guys might be a bit lower level even though I'd be using many of them as my main squad instead of the starting officers. Not sure how much it would matter as far as their stats go since they'd still all at least have max HP probably. The fight against Madruk himself seems more like a victory lap unless you brought archers or mages, in which case I imagine losing is very possible. In fact archers or mages are probably a losing proposition in any of the fights during the final battle.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Surprisingly, it's doable without much difficulty using the default troop types of all leaders, in all stories. Same for the shrine battles.

The only challenge comes from the Gaul and Scythe fights where careless tactics can gently caress things up easily. Katmando (ugh, I hate its stupid gimmick so much) is nothing but a waste of players' time and even Madruk seems to be just for show.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
That is surprising. Glad to hear it's doable, though.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I can't believe Gongos beat Madruk by cheating up 4 MP from the ether!

But seriously, bonus debug episode aside, I want to thank you again for answering my request to have someone LP this game. You did a great job showcasing it I'd say, couldn't have asked for a better presentation.

Also thanks to everyone who voted for Bozack, Yuni was the real MVP of this game.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Wow, I can't believe Gongos beat Madruk by cheating up 4 MP from the ether!

But seriously, bonus debug episode aside, I want to thank you again for answering my request to have someone LP this game. You did a great job showcasing it I'd say, couldn't have asked for a better presentation.

Also thanks to everyone who voted for Bozack, Yuni was the real MVP of this game.

Thanks and no problem. Definitely glad I came back to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Debug Mode

Now that the campaign is over I wanted to take a few minutes to show off some of the game's debug mode features. Full disclosure: I don't know exactly what most of the options do so I'm sort of just fumbling my way through things, but hopefully it's interesting / informative nonetheless.

With this, the playthrough is officially over. Thanks to everyone who came by the thread and watched! Maybe someday down the line I'll do a playthrough as Fandaria or Tradnor if I'm able to keep this save file intact.