Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Problem description: Two week ago I changed my harddrive and upgraded my ram in my desktop. then my psu stated cutting out so I bought a new one it was fine over the weekend but I had to move it.
When I reconnected everything on Tuesday I noticed that my Graphics card had come unseated sonic reseated it and connected everything back up.
The status lights of my mouse and keyboard didn't light up and both of my monitors showed no signal and no POST.

Case and CPU fans and LEDs are spinning/ lighting

Attempted fixes: Assuming something was wrong with either the PSU graphics card or motherboard I replaced each in turn hoping it would work, it didn't.

Today I replaced my CPU to see if that would work, it hasn't.

I've tried booting it up with just CPU and a single stick of ram in each socket in turn but still no POST

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Rumda fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Could there be some weirdness between where the board sits and your case causing a short? I remember having a similar issue a few years ago and when I went to replace the motherboard I found a piece of kitty litter lodged behind the board which was causing it to short.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

iddqd posted:

Could there be some weirdness between where the board sits and your case causing a short? I remember having a similar issue a few years ago and when I went to replace the motherboard I found a piece of kitty litter lodged behind the board which was causing it to short.

Since I've posted the op I tried a caseless setup and the same situation occured

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I recently had a similar issue when I tried to boot up an ancient motherboard, where it turned out to be the on-board battery being flat.
It's a bit of a long shot, but maybe it's the same for you?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Geemer posted:

I recently had a similar issue when I tried to boot up an ancient motherboard, where it turned out to be the on-board battery being flat.
It's a bit of a long shot, but maybe it's the same for you?

I've re-replaced the motherboard and it's now working I think when my graphics card became unseated it damaged both the motherboard and itself and the second motherboard was just busted from the off.

• Locked thread