Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I mean, to be fair after the Orc Lord vanishingly few plot points rest on whether or not Slime Boy is powerful enough to power through things. It's almost all about an over powered being finding a way to fix an issue without infringing on his and his buddies quality of goofing around time.

Also it was a good idea to have the last episode actually focus on Diablo reacting to people talking about Rimuru while pretending to focus on the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
This season is certainly proving itself to be “Staff Meeting: the anime.”

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Can’t wait to see how the bad guys? Hold meetings. Maybe they’ll give everyone 10 minutes in round robin and then do breakout groups

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Tabletops posted:

Can’t wait to see how the bad guys? Hold meetings. Maybe they’ll give everyone 10 minutes in round robin and then do breakout groups

Did you forget the clown troupe holding a meeting and deciding to still gently caress with Rimuru, even if more indirectly? It's meetings all the way down!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Yeah they're not doing a good job of making this earlier part flow better.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
4 episodes without any action is a bold choice.

That said, I enjoyed all of them. I wouldn't be bothered by a few more talking episodes.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Torrannor posted:

4 episodes without any action is a bold choice.

That said, I enjoyed all of them. I wouldn't be bothered by a few more talking episodes.

A lot of the focus of the series IS world building and mechanics.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think this is right about where I stopped reading the WN and I can see why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Sindai posted:

I think this is right about where I stopped reading the WN and I can see why.

As I usually post, the LN is significantly better since actually streamlines everything and fixes issues with the Festival Arc as well as adding new side-plots.