Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

e: according to sportslogos.net the interlocking UU has been around since 2000. And now I struggle to not waste the next two hours messing around on that site.

goddammit why'd you remind me this website exists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Qwijib0 posted:

punt
punt
punt
half
int
punt

great set of drives there Arizona,

Yet Arizona inexplicably has the lead. Not sure how, I just flipped to the game and saw that it was so :psyduck:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Cal's QB is greased up or something

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

DrunkPanda posted:

Yet Arizona inexplicably has the lead. Not sure how, I just flipped to the game and saw that it was so :psyduck:

pair of ints, the latter run back for a TD

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

It's happening. It's Stanford Oregon all over again

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yup, Stanford's about to eat Utah alive.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Surprisingly good punt there.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Yup, Stanford's about to eat Utah alive.

it is foretold

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Utah may as well be down by 14 already

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

ITS HAPPENINGGGGGGG

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

wtf... Cal just went for it on 4th and 1 from the 5 yard line, down by 3 points in the 4th quarter.... What a stupid call

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

DrunkPanda posted:

wtf... Cal just went for it on 4th and 1 from the 5 yard line, down by 3 points in the 4th quarter.... What a stupid call

The decision to go for it wasn't, really with how elusive their QB has been. The playcall itself was questionable.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
also with how the Cal defense has been playing, odds are good you'd get it back on this side of the field after 3 downs.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol, it was via a fumble, but they got it back

...aaand an int on the first series off the fumble

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
still can't kick

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
boy if you like turnovers, this is a hell of a half

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

My dudes, rear end is Stanford

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Stanford just started classes. I guess they're one of those weird schools with trimesters or whatever

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The rumors of Utah's demise were clearly greatly exaggerated

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That throw ruled

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
also rear end: Cal, probably

(pick 6)

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Jesus Christ, Cal. How do you lose to a team that scored no offensive points in the second half when you were leading at halftime?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

DrunkPanda posted:

Jesus Christ, Cal. How do you lose to a team that scored no offensive points in the second half when you were leading at halftime?

Cal (and Washington) vs. UA games are cursed in some way, they're all always odd.

This performance is in no way representative of the quality of the Arizona defense.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
OK Stanford is not good at football this year

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
This is the first time I've seen decent execution of the first phase of "kick the FG once you're in range to save clock, then deal with the TD after an onside" strategy.

(did not get the onside)

edit: :flag:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
oh gently caress you cal, targeting with 12 seconds left.

(oh, didn't realize the disqual is for the first half of the next game, too)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That's the worst time to get called for targeting.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Rod Gilmore is an idiot. He thinks a 1 loss Washington would get in the playoffs but an undefeated Colorado team wouldn't?

First off, an undefeated Pac 12 team would never miss the playoffs. Secondly, an undefeated Colorado team would have at least one win over Washington (and probably 2, since Washington will likely win the Pac 12 North).

I know this is all theoretical and I have no expectation that Colorado will run the table this season, but I get tired of hearing Rod Gilmore spout the dumbest poo poo like its fact all the time

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DrunkPanda posted:

Rod Gilmore is an idiot. He thinks a 1 loss Washington would get in the playoffs but an undefeated Colorado team wouldn't?

First off, an undefeated Pac 12 team would never miss the playoffs. Secondly, an undefeated Colorado team would have at least one win over Washington (and probably 2, since Washington will likely win the Pac 12 North).

I know this is all theoretical and I have no expectation that Colorado will run the table this season, but I get tired of hearing Rod Gilmore spout the dumbest poo poo like its fact all the time

Yeah unless you think there's somehow gonna be 5 undefeated P5 teams, it's insanity to think the committee would be like "Colorado? Nahhhhhh"

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

I think the "party line" is to get people to treat college football rankings more like college basketball rankings, where schools are incentivized to schedule as many tough matchups as they can out of conference instead of incentivized to go undefeated.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
on my second bottle of deep eddy, send help (and more booze (and better coaches))

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Qwijib0 posted:

This is the first time I've seen decent execution of the first phase of "kick the FG once you're in range to save clock, then deal with the TD after an onside" strategy.

(did not get the onside)

edit: :flag:

The fake out they did though was legit cool in person even if it didn’t work. Although I still don’t get where the onside call came from there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Watching the thrilling end of this matchup between 1-4 Colorado State and 0-4 San Jose State.

I may have a problem.

The announcer is currently telling me how good of a football team Colorado State is for wrapping up this mighty 12 point victory (currently) over a winless team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Watching the thrilling end of this matchup between 1-4 Colorado State and 0-4 San Jose State.

I may have a problem.

The announcer is currently telling me how good of a football team Colorado State is for wrapping up this mighty 12 point victory (currently) over a winless team.

Best 2-4 team in the country right there

• Locked thread