Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
As an actual lazy black man, I needed too much time to put off procrastinating until I got around to making "slice of tomorrow" poo poo a reality.
The gist: technology won't stop advancing, so sometime tomorrow or the day after, we're going to have loads of cool gadgets in our every day lives to bitch about and include in our selfies and home videos. "Slice of tomorrow" is all about replicating that. Today, a picture might include VR headsets, drones, Roombas, etc. But we're still going to say stuff like "Life hasn't changed since the '80s".

Find good photos of high-tech stuff in daily life. Photoshop in robots & drones where needed or add in with CGI. The more casual and subtle, the better. If not daily life, then at least stuff that looks like it was recorded with a smartphone camera instead of a Hollywood director who needs to shove in as many starscrapers and cartoon rabbits to convince you it's The Future™.

Like this:

Find all three robots.

Or this:

Or for non-lovely photoshops:

"The actual gently caress is your point?"

The idea of living in a world where this sort of tech is common is fascinating to me. It comes off as science fiction when you think about it all as being in the future, but when you shift your perspective and imagine it as purely contemporary, it almost seems quaint. Kinda like how we already take smartphones and VR for granted. The more authentic the pictures look— with film grain and genuine shakiness and low resolution and without all the focus going on the technology or looking staged and cinematic— the more I buy it that it's 'real'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts
Like this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
Who remembers Steve, the suicidal security bot?

He died for our SYNs.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
Bourgeoisie bots in San Francisco.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Yuli Ban posted:

Bourgeoisie bots in San Francisco.

Those things look more like Daleks than actual Daleks do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
https://i.imgur.com/FR3wEMf.mp4
Flyboard Air. Basically riding a drone, but technically a Green Goblin-style hoverboard.

• Locked thread