Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Wasn't expecting it but still, bummed that there was no VR talk at all. Still, the weather system seems absolutely bananas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Wasn't expecting it but still, bummed that there was no VR talk at all. Still, the weather system seems absolutely bananas.

Ooh right, I was hoping for VR stuff, I want to know how this will work with PSVR2.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I assume they’re waiting until the VR is closer to release to state it’s coming to the game, or at least very much hoping it will be.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'm enjoying Sport on PS5, and the HDR is just incredible on some tracks. It's new and novel to me with a modern OLED tv. Been playing for months with a controller, relaxed from the couch.

But I need to figure out how to use my old PS3 Logitech wheel. It worked great for most of a race with the same adapter I used for PS4, but it just stopped responding near the end of the first race I tried it with. Hopefully just a firmware update. I'm not buying a new wheel.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What’s the wheel?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest I was asking for anyone to do the work for me. I think it's a G25 ... An earlier one with the h-gate but less buttons than newer ones. I just need to look up the Drive Hub adapter and hope it's still supported.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Look into http://blog.gimx.fr as well if the drive hub is a no go. It can translate basically anything into something that the PS4 can understand. I used it for a long time to get my t300rs and fanatec pedals to work with gt sport

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
So if I did manage to buy a PS5 for GT7
, my t300rs wouldn't just work as-is? Will the PS4 have cross-play with PS5 version?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

davebo posted:

So if I did manage to buy a PS5 for GT7
, my t300rs wouldn't just work as-is? Will the PS4 have cross-play with PS5 version?

I believe any ps4 peripheral will work just fine on ps5. Gran turismo has always been very good with that support.

We don't know yet on cross play. I suspect it's likely but we'll see.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It should, yes, I only use gimx because I run the thrustmaster wheel with fanatec pedals and the PlayStation doesn’t understand that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fired up GT Sport today, as you do, and found out a really good piece of information for those of us with large GT Sport catalogues.

Notice: Data Transfer From "Gran Turismo Sport" to "Gran Turismo 7"

quote:

We will be transferring data from Gran Turismo Sport to Gran Turismo 7 starting Tuesday, February 15 and will be updated at regular intervals. These transfers will take place automatically. Players will be able to start playing Gran Turismo 7, which will officially be launched on Friday, March 4, with stats and data carried over from Gran Turismo Sport.

Player data that will be included in this transfer are Driver Rating (DR), Sportsmanship Rating (SR), Liveries (car, helmet and suit) and Decals. Please note that contents related to Scapes, Race Photos and Replays will not be transferred.

The start time of data transfers will vary; therefore, there may be delays before appearing on GT7.

sorry to anyone who's super into the Scapes, photos and replays, but HOLY poo poo able to bring all the liveries forward? That's awesome, and honestly a bit of a surprise.

Just over a week to go until GT7, apologies if there's already a GT7 thread up and aware of this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah I'm definitely glad of that, it's something that was really nice about the Forza games too.

Excited to uh..have the worst loading times and visuals on my base PS4.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Dammit, I want to buy a PS5 for this dumb new game now

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Oh right, here's the GT7 thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3992927

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mandalay posted:

Dammit, I want to buy a PS5 for this dumb new game now

It's on PS4 as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
After enjoying and then burning out of Forza Horizon, there's something refreshing about Grab Turismo's straightforward focus on the cars and the tracks. It's clean, elegant, and unpretentious. Looking forward to the next installment for sure