Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

We had a decent dump of snow last week in the Alps, great timing as I had a couple of mates out visiting. Did some nice touring between huts and then skied the closed resort in powder.

This is normally a red run in the resort

Final approach to the Tracuit hut up high in the mountains

Closing out the season back into the village

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Looks like an awesome tour!

Anachronist and I went out today. We rode one line in absolutely stellar conditions. Second line in good conditions. Then I basically hit a wall and we did a third mini line and then an epic slog out. Really appreciate him dragging me home.

First Line we rode. Showing the entrance and exit. Just an awesome ride down.

Here is another shot of it on the tour out. Looks like we had three people follow us up. Hopefully they got as good of conditions.

Here is the second line we rode.

Bonus pic looking up at Silver Couloir on Buffalo Mountain at about 2:30 pm. It is one of the 50 classic descents and very much gets skied a lot.

Here is a map for the tour: https://caltopo.com/m/R7G40/CG7BKQGJMMG7VDQE

We wanted to add Red Peak but I both died and we had a heck of a time with snow build up on top and on the skins (despite a lot of glob stopper being applied).

spwrozek fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 22, 2024

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

drat

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Here is a quick clip riding down Deming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59b-F4_GBWI

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Nice. Looks great conditions.