Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Signed up as well. I used to have Hulu just to have access to Criterion, let alone all the other stuff, so this is going to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ll sign up in the hope that the first added territory is the UK given we had filmstruck and are the only other country criterion releases in

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I signed up and got the hopeful sounding email but y'all gotta understand, and probably do, the messy terror that is the terrible consolidation of delivery providers and media ownership oligopolies :negative:

I wanna believe tho

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So does it go offline tonight or tomorrow night?

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

General Dog posted:

So does it go offline tonight or tomorrow night?

Someone on the Filmstruck Reddit implying they worked for Filmstruck said that they are turning it off Friday after midnight.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

time to start marathoning the longest things I can find and see if the stream goes dark forever during playback :911:

appreciated filmstruck while it lasted

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Got in some more Ozu, I think Late Spring is my favorite so far. Didn't get in Early Summer, but it's on Prime.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
And my last was Cluny Brown, a fun Lubitsch movie (his last, I think) that isn't on physical media so, well, I hope TCM runs it regularly.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I was watching another movie, Woman in the Dunes, when it seemed to freeze during playback. I closed it in case it was just the player goofing up, but then got a 404 on the movie's page. And so...

FILMSTRUCK DOT COM time of death, ~9AM EST :rip:

:negative:

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I didn’t really get in more like I hoped I would. My last one was Cruel Story of Youth. Not a bad one to close on.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

My last viewing was Hitler’s Hollywood :hitler:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

My last was The Freshman.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Andrei Rublev

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
dead ringers

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I'm on a work trip and missed the last day :(

My last film was Leningrad Cowboys Go America

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bulgakov posted:

I was watching another movie, Woman in the Dunes, when it seemed to freeze during playback. I closed it in case it was just the player goofing up, but then got a 404 on the movie's page. And so...

FILMSTRUCK DOT COM time of death, ~9AM EST :rip:

:negative:

They should've at least had the decency to let the film finish. Especially a good one like that.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Zogo posted:

They should've at least had the decency to let the film finish. Especially a good one like that.

I found it on youtube! Really enjoyed it.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Oh yeh...

The Year of the Quiet Sun ripped my heart straight outta my stomach. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I’ll subscribe to the criterion thing the second they actually make a PS4 app. I waited so long for the filmstruck one and I’m not doing it again