Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The Ghoul posted:

I've been getting into minis because I think the WH40K orks are really cool, but I have no interest in investing in an army or learning a dense ruleset.
I really like the emphasis on kitbashing and scratchbuilding in Gaslands, and I have several dozen hot wheels from my childhood collection. It also seems like the games are much quicker and way less rule heavy. However, I'm living in NYC and I can't find a group for the life of me. I'm not super concerned because I'm probably moving soon, but the only reason I'd heard of this is because the main FLGS near me when I lived upstate embraced this game.
Given that the OP says FLGS don't generally care for Gaslands because there's no follow up sales, how does one find a group for this?

Head to Facebook and look for the Gaslands group and see if you can find some locals.

The issue with FLGS is that unlike Magic tournaments and the cyclical release of GW boxes, smaller games don't do much to draw in paying customers, so they don't go all out to promote them. But as long as they have tables you can use, I would advise you get the book, get some cars and play in the store with any friend you can bring along. The mere presence of HotWheels on a gaming table will draw on-lookers, and if they seem like the kind of folks you vibe with, they could easily become Gaslanders.

Fishing for nerds at the nerd pond makes finding a group of players that want to shove tiny cars and go "vroom" way easier.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Just finished painting up a team for my first legacy campaign and made a billboard that serves as a dashboard for them. Went for a bit of a cyberpunk vibe, first time attempting painting fire on the Skyline and it's not perfect but I think came out alright

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

that is incredibly excellent

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Love those! Billboard is very cool as well.

What did you use for the decals?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

For the decals I made up a PDF in procreate and printed on this:
https://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/waterslide-papers-for-printers/1200-waterslide-decals-laser-white.html

My LGS only had the white paper so all the decals have to be solid shapes to clip out, but you do get brighter colors than with the transparent one.
Don't bother with the inkjet paper tho, it needs a ton of work to seal it so the ink won't leak, laser one is good to go straight out of the printer.

Happy to share the decal PDF if anyone wants to print their own and not have to compile a million logos

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

Happy to share the decal PDF if anyone wants to print their own and not have to compile a million logos
Would be much appreciated.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Bogan Krkic posted:

Just finished painting up a team for my first legacy campaign and made a billboard that serves as a dashboard for them. Went for a bit of a cyberpunk vibe, first time attempting painting fire on the Skyline and it's not perfect but I think came out alright

This is incredible.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Pierzak posted:

Would be much appreciated.

Dunno what the good way to share files on SA is these days, hopefully this link works:
https://file.io/k5tv2jRB5XiR

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

Dunno what the good way to share files on SA is these days, hopefully this link works:
https://file.io/k5tv2jRB5XiR

Neat, thanks a bunch! Had a good chuckle at the "Grocery Getter" series.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Bogan Krkic posted:

Nice job with the graffiti

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
The creator of Garlands would like to ask you to take a brief survey.

https://youtu.be/-hsFF7aJWVE?si=_nW_M-QOBvJjqnol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

We're up to the Dino Park scenario in our legacy campaign, so it's time to build heavily armed dinosaurs!
This is Koolasuchus, the state fossil of Victoria, with a fuckload of rockets

One of the other guys built this bad boy

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Bogan Krkic posted:

We're up to the Dino Park scenario in our legacy campaign, so it's time to build heavily armed dinosaurs!

I don’t even know what this means in game/campaign terms but it fuckin rocks

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

There’s a campaign system for Gaslands that takes you through a version of every race type while racing through a wasteland of zombies, mutating nanobots, and abandoned dinosaur parks. Your cars get extra perks after every race as they mutate, it’s fun as hell

https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/451287/BLASTER-Archives-Gaslands-Legacy

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Bogan Krkic posted:

This rules, holey moley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

My god, that's incredible