Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student

What is this
A weird arbitrary challenge I'm doing in the sims 3.

Who am I?
A bored person with no life who enjoys playing The Sims 3 in weird ways more than he should.

What is The Sims 3? Can I watch if I no experience with the sims
While I can't promise to be overly accommodating to those who are completely unfamiliar with the series but I'll try to explain as much as I can.
The Sims 3 is the third installment in The Sims series a glorified "American Dream" simulator, it allows you to control people who only speak a nonsense language, have them get married, have kids, get jobs, raise to the top of their career and then die. Or if you prefer drown them all in a pool. The Sims 3 is unique in the series in that you can visit other places other than home without a loading screen (you can't follow them into work in most jobs though). It's honestly my favorite of all the games, despite being a buggy mess.

What is the Nothing is Free challenge?
The rules of the nothing is free challenge can be found here.
http://modthesims.info/t/468464
Here's a brief summary of the important rules of the Nothing is Free Challenge:
1. Delete EVERY SINGLE LOT in the town (I'm personally deleting even the empty lots (except the one I'm moving into) so I have to reapply the bulldozer to every empty lot) This means sims can't get a regular 9-5 job or even register as self employed, and children and teen sims can't go to school (If a child or teen ages up it's treated as if they got a C)
2. Professions are banned until you unlock the appropriate lot
3. You must start with 1 young adult CAS and that's it (No supernatural states (at the start at least), no pets)
4. You can't build other lots until one of your sims unlocks the requirements (usually maxing appropriate skills and buy the lot if applicable) (One sim may only unlock one lot)
5. When you move a sim out they must be moved out into a fully furnished house with enough beds for everyone (Unless playing that lot)
6. You can't visit the future unless the sim going to the future has maxed one of Logic or Science and one of Handiness or Inventing. You can't buy most future stuff till you have a sim mastered Advanced Technology, except for Laser Rhythm-a-con which requires the Laser Rhythm skill to be mastered and the Bot Workshop which requires bot building to be mastered.
7. Going to university or traveling prevents you from unlocking a lot. (Unless you already unlocked one in which case you can do so with no penalty)
8. Inheritance Life Time reward and wishing for money from the genie are banned

Haven't you attempted this before and stopped because your hard drive got corrupt?
Yes the original run was here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817589&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1, not that saying I stopped playing only because my hard drive got corrupt is a bit a misnomer it had been a month since the last update at that point. I kept hoping to get back to it but unfortunately, I procrastinated. I'll do my best to ensure that doesn't happen again. I think daily updates were a bit too much I'll just update when I can.
But this time I'm making even harder by adding the random legacy aspect for some reason.

What is a random legacy?
The rules of a random legacy can be found here:
http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
The rules for this are:
1. You stick with one family for this challenge, start with one YA sim (the founder), and each generation they will have one kid who becomes the "heir", all other kids become the "spares".
2. The number of kids, whether your sim gets married, how your sim earns income, (and spouses income) their "goal" for a generation, and miscellaneous fun stuff are all randomized.
3. Sims may only earn money via there income method. (With some rare exceptions)
4. Inheritance, Wishing for Money, Moodlet manager, Motive Mobile are all banned (TBF they are all are broken AF I'll explain why when I get to life time rewards)
5. No birthday cakes to age up sims early

What rules you are using to combine them together
Well Nothing is Free includes rules for that:
http://modthesims.info/t/468464 (bottom of the post
They are basically:
1. If you don't have the lot required to unlock a sims career that sim must work towards unlocking the building. If that's not reasonably possiblem, unlock a lot that would make it easier to unlock that lot is acceptable. Making money by skills that earn that lot is acceptable.
2. Sims that can do their career may earn a lot of my choice.
3. Reroll anything impossible or obviously unfair (I will keep this to a bare MINIMUM)
4. Go with the stricter rules for any given rule between the two challenges.

What expansion packs and stuff do you have
Literally of them. I have every Expansion pack for The Sims 3 and all the stuff packs, yes including Katy Perry Sweet Treats, I have no idea why I have that.
I don't have any store content though most of it isn't important though
Are you modifying things in any way?
I'm modifying the rules slightly (mostly to make it harder, some make it easier though):
1. I'm moving into the most expensive empty lot in Sunset Valley (that's were the equestrian center is now placed when you have pets)
2. I'm not moving ever, I'm sticking to one lot.
3. Traits will always be randomized, even the starting sim. Also when using Sim Finder I'm banning the option to customize traits (age, gender and sign are all fine though,) I'm mainly do this to help ensure I get diversity of traits, not just the useful ones
4. Despite the prior rule I will be still be TRYING to have all toddlers learn how to walk, talk, and use the toilet and I will TRY once I unlock school to have all the kids have good grades in school, so I have to press the random button to choose their trait (unless I get Deadbeat parent in which case I actively have to not do this)
5. I'm allowing spares to stick around in YA and beyond only until they earn a lot and they get the money to move, I know this make it's easier, but I want this challenge to be finished faster especially considering the next rule.
6. I'm not stopping till I earn every lot type (excluding the mixed lots (such as the school/stadium combo) which I'm banning)
7. I'm ignoring the Random Legacy not allowing to skill while traveling because any sims who traveling as already given up the ability to unlock a lot or already unlocked one.
8. Spares also role for income (via secondary income) this mainly to determine what kind of lot they unlock, but they can still earn money via this.
9. Only one imaginary friend made be made real the entire play through (and I'm randomizing the gender of said imaginary friend), I'm kind of sick of dealing with imaginary friends honestly because it's boring to make them the spouse all the time, but I'll do it once to show if off.
10. This isn't a modification to the rules just something worth noting. I'm keeping it summer all the time because any other season fucks up gardening and fishing (ESPECIALLY gardening).
11. I'm randomizing the heir every generation prior to the generation starting based on the number of kids in the roll.

No i meant are you using MODS?
Yes I am, namely I have the following mods to make the game funner and playable:
Nraas MasterController (I don't plan to use it's functions other than resetSim and view status of a sim, this is mainly so i can adopt with more than 8 sims)
Nraas StoryProgression (Better story progression, allows me to give updates on sims that have moves out)
Nraas Woohooer (Allows me to make more than 8 sims via woohoo)
Nraas Overwatch (Cleans up save files to make things less buggy (don't worry we still see plenty of bugs))
Nraas Mover (Allows to me to move in more than 8 sims)
Nraas PortraitPanel (Allows more than 8 sims on the portait panel.)
I know mods most of the time make games bugger but trust me we have a smoother experience this game USING mods.

What's the audience participation?
Bare minimum this time around I'll ask people to suggest male and female names for future sims with a first come first serve mentality.

What's the spoiler policy?
It's the sims, they are no spoilers, I guess no spoilers for other media.

Table of Content
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7
Update #8
Sim Bios (Next Post)

weso12 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Sim Bios

Venus Blake
Traits: Adventurous, Angler, Excitable, Hydrophobic, Perfectionist
Lifetime Wish: Living the Lap of Luxury (Completed)
Favorites: Island Life, Ratatouille, Yellow
Sign: Virgo
Husband: Sébastien Blake
Sons: Ryan Blake, Jonathan Blake, Jacob Blake
Daughter: Victoria Blake

Sébastien Blake (née Moreau) (Deceased as of Update #3)
Traits: Brave, Couch Potato, Party Animal, Hopeless Romantic, Computer Wiz, (French Culture)
Lifetime Wish: Blog Artist
Favorites: Pop, Firecracker Shrimp, Yellow
Sign: Cancer
Wife: Venus Blake
Sons: Ryan Blake, Jonathan Blake, Jacob Blake
Daughter: Victoria Blake

Ryan Blake
Traits: Night Owl, Good, Grumpy, Couch Potato, Brooding
Lifetime Wish: Visionary
Favorites: Rap, Tri-Tip Tofu Steak, Gray
Sign: Leo
Mother: Venus Blake
Father: Sébastien Blake
Wife: Dionne Blake
Brothers: Jonathan Blake, Jacob Blake
Sister: Victoria Blake
Daughter: Maggie Blake
Imaginary Friend Turned Real: Josephine Blake

Jonathan Blake
Traits: Good, Genius, Easily Impressed, Disciplined, Social Butterfly
Lifetime Wish: Professional Author
Favorites: Country Music, Potato and Truffle Torte, and Turquoise
Sign: Tauros
Brothers: Ryan Blake, Jacob Blake

Victoria Blake (Moved Out as of Update #5)
Traits: Athletic, Evil, Virtuoso, Slob, Eco-Friendly
Lifetime Wish: Perfect Garden
Favorites: Country Music, Fish and Chips, and Gray
Sign: Capricorn
Brothers: Ryan Blake, Jonathan Blake, Jacob Blake

Jacob Blake
Traits: Light Sleeper, Brave, Can't Stand Art, Adventurous, Slob
Lifetime Wish: Master Acrobat Perfect Mind, Perfect Body (Completed)
Favorites: Island Life, Tofu Dogs, Green
Sign: Libra
Wife: Josephine Blake
Brothers: Ryan Blake, Jonathan Blake
Son: Mercury Blake
Adopted Son: Pluto Blake

Josephine Blake (Deceased As of Update 8)
Occult State: Imaginary Friend
Traits: Workaholic, Natural Cook, Perfectionist, Athletic, Angler, Schmoozer
Lifetime Wish: Bottomless Nectar Cellar
Favorites: Egyptian, Spaghetti, Irish green
Sign: Sagittarius
Husband: Jacob Blake
Son: Mercury Blake
Adopted Son: Pluto Blake
Former "Real" Friend: Ryan Blake

Mercury Blake
Traits: Hates the Outdoors, Insane, Unlucky, Disciplined, Proper
Lifetime Wish: Renaissance Sim Simn
Favorites: Songwriter, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Spice Brown
Mother: Josephine Blake
Father: Jacob Blake
Adopted Brother: Pluto Blake
Sons: Mars Blake, Jupiter Blake
Adopted Daughters: Ceres Blake, Eris Blake
Ex-Wife: Dionne Blake

Pluto Blake (Moved out as of Update 8)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Excitable, Kleptomaniac, Dog Person, Unflirty
Lifetime Wish: Renaissance Sim
Favorites: Beach party, Tri-Tip Tofu Steak, Orange
Sign: Leo
Adopted Mother: Josephine Blake
Adopted Father: Jacob Blake
Adopted Brother: Mercury Blake

Dionne Blake (née Unknown) (moved out as of Update 8)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Socially Awkward, Night Owl, Coward, Childish, (Pizza Appreciator)
Lifetime Wish: Grand Explorer
Favorites: Country Music, Veggi Rolls, White
Sign: Aries
Husband: Ryan Blake
Sons: Mars Blake, Jupiter Blake
Daughter: Maggie Blake
Ex-Husband: Mercury Blake

Mars Blake
Traits: Brave, Athletic, Perceptive, (Pizza Appreciator)
Lifetime Wish: N/A
Favorites: Soul, Lobster Thermidor, Gray
Sign: Aquarius
Mother: Dionne Blake
Father: Mercury Blake
Brother: Jupiter Blake
Adopted Sisters: Ceres Blake, Eris Blake
Half-Sister: Maggie Blake

Jupiter Blake
Traits: Evil, Slob, Kleptomaniac, (Pizza Appreciator)
Lifetime Wish: N/A
Favorites: Rap, Cheesesteak, Pink
Father: Mercury Blake
Brother: Mars Blake
Adopted Sisters: Ceres Blake, Eris Blake
Half-Sister: Maggie Blake

Ceres Blake
Traits: Virtuoso, Clumsy
Favorites: Latin, Firecreaker Shrimp, Orange
Sign: Pisces
Adopted Father: Mercury Blake
Adopted Brothers: Mars Blake, Jupiter Blake
Adopted Sister: Eris Blake

Eris Blake
Traits: Good, Loner
Favorites: R&B, Cheesesteak, Green
Sign: Aries
Adopted Father: Mercury Blake
Adopted Brothers: Mars Blake, Jupiter Blake
Adopted Sister: Ceres Blake

Maggie Blake (Born and raised outside the household)
Traits: Disciplined, Athletic, (Pizza Appreciator)
Favorites: Western, Ratatouille, Hot Pink
Sign: Cancer
Father: Ryan Blake
Half-Brothers: Mars Blake, Jupiter Blake

weso12 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 13, 2018

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Sunset Valley a vibrant beautiful town full of people and businesses

Till some jackass went into edit town and deleted it all

But worry not, Venus Blake, a sim made with all the care of me pressing the random button will rebuild the town. (I even randomized gender and name)

Venus is an adventurous, excitable, angler who's a bit of a perfectionist and hydrophobic (I randomized this as well)

For those that don't know, in the Sims 3, all young adult and older sims start with 5 traits (I believe you can start with less but it's not recommended), each of them define your sims interest and give some minor benefits or drawback (there's nothing TOO gamebreakinig here AFAIK)

I will explain the traits Venus has here right now
Bear in mind I'm not all knowledgable and getting most this information from other sources, I'm not reading the game data to find out if this is true, a lot of things in The Sims 3 that should work a certain way just don't. For example: It was long documented that sims grew in the athletics skills SLOWER at the gym, when they were grow faster, and this took forever to get patched. And one Lifetime reward took vigorous testing to realize it did nothing and a lot of people still don't realize it does nothing. I will add the word "Allegedly" if it's something difficult to prove conclusively or I find the information shady

Adventurous is a trait added in World Adventures and it has the following effects
*Get a positive moodlet (more on those later) that last 4 hours, whenever vacationing or visiting a tomb in a vacation spot
*Can vacation again after 28.8 hours cooldown rather than 48 hours.
*Allegedly gain Visa levels 20% faster
*Allegedly take LONGER to get stir crazy (9 days allegedly) (You think it would get shorter)
*Allegedly more likely to have wishes involving exploring a tomb.
*Allegedly won't fear traps in tomb.
Overall: this is useful for adventuring sims and only adventuring sims, for my sim this will be worthless, since I don't plan to any travel for a WHILE.

Anglers is a base game trait and it has the following effects
*Allegedly will catch fish fasters
*Allegedly gain fishing skill faster
*Has fun while fishing (I have enough experience with anglers to say this is true)
*Allegedly roles wishes to fish more often.
*Allegedly NPCs with this trait are attracted to parks and fishing spots
*Allegedly prefer to watch the fishing channel on the television.
*Somehow benefit from the Science major at college.
Overall: Useful for fishing Sims and only fishing sims, lets hope Venus here roles something fishing related so this trait is not worthlesss.

Excitable is a base game trait and it has the following effects:
*Will get the "Excited" positive moodlet when they find something exciting (I don't know exactly what gets them excited though)
*NPCs with the trait will allegedly be attracted to the Hangout
*Allegedly prefer watching the action channel on television.
Overall: The excitable bonus seems useful but too minor even for a trait to really matter too much

Hydrophobic is a base game trait and it has the following effects:
*Will have a negative moodlet when forced to swim and try to get out of the pool whenever possible.
That's literally it
Overall: A worthless trait, I don't see any benefit of this trait.

Perfectionist is a base game trait and it has the following effects:
*Take longer cooking, painting, and writing novels (Apparently for paintings this is incredibly small amount of extra time)
*There stuff is higher quality (ie more value for painting and writing). This is especially noteworthy for painting.
*Unlocks the point out flaws mean interaction
*Allegedly do neat things autonomously (I've notice this honestly with Venus, to the point i thought she had neat for a second)
*Allegedly beneficial to architects.
*Allegedly get a bonus from writing the historical genre.
Overall: This is a semi useful filler trait to a sim, who's a painter, chef or writer. Let's see if will matter to Venus

Also I randomly rolled her favorites, (well the game does that by default). Her favorite food is ratatouille, her favorite music genre is "Island Life", and her favorite color is yellow,
Favorites are pretty minor but they are worth noting:
Favorite food gives you a moodlet bonus when you eat (so if you really want to min max, make it something simple like autumn salad)
Favorite music gives you a moodlet bonus when you are listening to that music (so if you want to min max, make all your sims the same), and I've noticed they tend to turn on that type of music when turning on the stereo.
Favorite colors do almost nothing (They have a minor effect in Into the Future and you get a well decorated bonus if your favorite color is the EXACT SAME HEX as your walls or something)

Her astrological sign is Virgo, astrological signs in the sim 3 were added in Late Night and do almost nothing, basically all it means is that under "Romantic" you can ask a sim there sign and if the signs are compatible you get a opinion boost with each other. (I'll still note them for sims that move in for those that care.)

Finally her lifetime wish is wish is "Living in the Lap of Luxury" I really only chose this because I couldn't think of an appropriate lifetime wishes and this is thematically appropriate with expansionist. I'm not sure I'll ever complete though in her life time.

Now lets find out what Venus's conditions are for gen 1.

To translate all of this:
Couple just means she needs to get married and the husband is part of the family.
Number of children, just means she needs to have 4 children (If the last group turns out to be twins on accident going over is fine but we need to have at least 4)
Busker means we can only earn money playing for tips with one of Guitar, Bass, Drums or Piano (or the Laser-Rythmn thing from Into the Future but that has requirements to buy)
Professional Sports means that we need to unlock the Stadium with her husband. And to be clear here are the requirements for the Stadium
Stadium - Maxed Athletics and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($115,000)
The athletic's requirement isn't that hard, but that's a SHITLOAD of money this early on I'm probably gonna have him unlock a gym or a beach or something since that's easier.
Expanionist means i must have a major upgrade to the house, pretty trivial, since we start with literally nothing.
My precious basically means I have hoard something: In this case I roll again to never sell or delete gifts (Random Legacy bans selling gifts anyways)

BTW I'm probably having Venus unlock this lot:
Theater - Max any instrument (Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano) and Logic. ($58,000)
Since it's the easiest lot that requires an instrument skill.

I also rolled what all four of her kids will unlock and which one's the heir but I'll keep that a secret till the time comes.

First when we start we move into an empty lot that's 60x60 (considering the average is like 30x30 that's huge) and costs a crapload because it's also considered a "nice lot" meaning sims get a positive moodlet for being outside on it.

So when we start with a message from the story progression mod asking if we want to turn it on, I obviously say yes

Then it asks me to get rid of all the homeless population I say no because I don't want to get rid of the potential husbands.

First off I would like to point out all the info below

There's a lot of process so let's go one at the time

First is moodlets and Mood Meter, basically the way it works is that sims have positive, negative and neutral moodlets. positive moodlets (the ones in green) are moodlets that give bonus to your mood meter, and negative moodlets (not shown above but in red) give penalties. Neutral moodlets (not shown above but in blue), don't give a bonus or penalty but instead at a notification of a cooldown of an even, a warning that you need to do something or a negative moodlet is gonna happen, or unlocking some interaction or something.
Both positive and negative moodlets may have other effects than the mood bonuses. (Like Smelly gives a negative moodlet to sims near by as well)
What does mood do? Well it effect job performance, might effect things like painting quality, and if your sims mood is low enough they won't do poo poo.

This is the wishes section: When a wish spawns in the upper box you can choose to ignore it (it'll eventually go away), delete it (right click) or lock it in (left click). A sim has 4 up to "locked in" wishes to complete (though you can remove a locked in wish at any time). When a "locked in" wish is complete you get a positive moodlet for completing it and lifetime happiness points which you can exchange for various goodies (I'll go into those later).
The one I locked in is "Join the Architecture profession" IDK why I locked that in it's not even possible now, and I have no plans for her to join it.

Next up is inventory, your Sims have various items in their inventory, only certain items can be in inventory though, but there is no cap of how much crap they can put in there (Trust me play a sim long enough they get a LOT of poo poo).

That black box is there smart phone it's used for a bunch of stuff, including calling and texting sims and getting opportunities.
That green book with the ruby on is collectables journey, don't worry about it's not important
You might notice Venus starts with 2 thing in her inventory, a diploma (it's worthless it just indicates your graduated high school, I usually just place it on a wall), and a camera (This is actually useful though i tend to sell it BUT I can't sell it this time because the rules forbid selling it so I'll keep it when a sim finally needs photography).
You might notice there's a LOT of other tabs, and all of them do different things
The first one (the plumbob) gives all the info of your sim (age, traits, favorites, sign etc.)
The second one (the two men holding hands) gives their relationships levels with other sims they meet
The third one (the man sitting at the desk) is career tracking.
The fourth one (the hand holding the hammer) is skills.
The fifth one (the backpack) is inventory (the one we are currently on)
The sixth one (the star) is Opportunities, I'll explain those when we get one.
The seventh one (the treasure chest) is life time rewards, those buy various advantages I'll explain when we get enough Life Time Reward points
The eighth one (the face), is motives, this shows you your sims current hunger, energy, bladder etc. if any of these go low, bad things happen.

This is obviously money, you might notice we don't have a lot especially considering we have an empty lot, this isn't called a challenge for nothing

Note that as per the rules of random legacy, I have to buy the a hamper to active laundry since i have ambitions.

To explain: Laundry wasn't a base feature in Sims 3, as such they made it a "opt-in" thing in Ambitions that give you positive moodlets for the extra time of laundry.

I then buy the bare essentials.

Then a portal to the future spawns in my front yard, (and also a university mascot visits but it's a woman so that's not important), obviously added in into the future, normally I would delete this for money (since i can't use it yet and you buy it again at any time) but Random legacy bans that explicitly.

I then realize I need a guitar to make money, which i didn't have enough money for, so I literally sell my shower (hygiene is probably the least important motive), and stove (you can eat food that doesn't require a stove, such as autumn salad), so I can buy a guitar.

Then I notice a literally pile of men (and some women though it's hard to tell), on top of each other, perfect for spouses and stuff.

Venus goes in to make her move,
Then they like all leave at once, and I can't interact with them and I didn't make enough relationship with the guy i was talking to for her to remember him, so that's a bust.

Then there's a french guy black guy name Sébastien (I will always use the fancy é try and stop me) Moreau standing in the same spot by himself.
She makes her move and I notice the romance option is missing (aside from take romantic photo).

He leaves but there friends this time.
Venus then spams texts:
Texting is a function added in the Sims 3 University, it's easy way to boost opinion with a sim, i use it because you can text 24/7 unlike calling which is time dependent

Texting also boosts the social networking skill to the point she got it to level 3 by the time she spammed enough texts to get him to best friend level. (To explain they are 3 tiers of friends: Friend, Good Friend, and best Friend
And invites him over, but it will take 24 hours.

While waiting, she learns cooking at the basic level.

And gets guitar up to level 4. Note I can't make any money busking till level 5, (and don't worry I have a strategy to make money via busking by exploiting some rules of the nothing is free challenge to take advantage of something broken in the sims 3)

Note that since their no chairs poor Venus has to eat her food on the toilet.

Also being outside so long (in the summer since I made it always summer), poor Venus got sunburned
Finally Sébastien finally visits and the romance options are STILL gone, (except for a super brief period, where she goes for a kiss and makes them romantic interests). First I wonder if it's because she's super hot outside

So then I made an inside to cool her down (partially to test that, partially because being outside too long can literally catch a sim on fire (not joking))
So then i kind of break the rules to Nothing is Free to ensure I can marry him:

I invited him to be a roommate. Roommates are a weird thing added in university, they are sims who live on your lot who you can't control but give you rent. The nothing is free challenge says roommates must have full accommodations but since I don't even have full accommodations myself I shouldn't be allowed to have a roommate but since I assume one of my mods is messing with my ability to romance foreign, I decided to say "screw the rules I need a husband". So making him my roommate, enables all the romance options again so:

I quickly marry him so he can join the household proper.

Now Venus and Sébastien finally get married, and he brings stuff I can sell (It's fine by both challenges to do that), so we finally get money, but it won't be a lot yet.

Sébastien Blake (Ignore the -Moreau thing that's his original last name, story progression mod (or master controller IDK which) does this weird thing where sims always hyphenate by default I changed that pretty quickly), is a Brave, Couch Potato, Party animal, hopeless romantic, computer wiz (I'll explain all these traits in the next update), his favorite music is pop, his favorite food is Firecracker Shrimp and his favorite color is Yellow. His sign is Cancer
I cropped out here but his life time wish is blog artist, which I have no attempt to finish.
He's an Adult not a young adult so he's gonna die sooner, gently caress.

Random side note for those that watched the first LP:

The Horses are back

Edit: I still need some baby names (though I've already played ahead and named her first four children so you're gonna wait til gen 3 for them to happen.)

weso12 fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 2, 2018

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Update 2: Electric Bugaloo
I've actually played further than what I'm gonna update right now, but to keep update doses reasonable, I have a predetermined benchbark for when this update ends.

As promises here's is the description of Sébastien's traits

Brave is a base game trait, it has the following effects:
*Never panic in a fire and put it out and stuff
*Can fight burglars.
*Allegedly do better as military, law enforcement, and firefigheters
*Allegedly has a higher chance of winning fights
*Allegedly prefer the action channel
Overall: Brave is useful only if one of the careers that a bonuses, I've never had enough problems with fires or burglars to make this worthwhile otherwise.

Coach Potato is a base game trait, it has the following effects:
*Comfortable moodlet will double
*Allegedly get more fun from watching TV.
*Allegedly need to sleep longer
*Allegedly never autonomously work out (While I believe this, it's hard to prove)
*Allegedly will never visit the library, gym, spa, academy, marketplace, Chinese garden and nectary as NPCs
*Allegedly will wish to "Take it Easy" at work.
*Allegedly disadvantages in the physical education major
*Allegedly prefer to watch the shopping and cooking channels on television
*Unlock the "Discuss Favorite TV Shows" and "Talk About Movies" interactions
Overall:This a bad trait, needing to sleep longer, if true is not great, and the benefits are minor enough to not be worth it. Avoid it.

Party Animal is a base game trait, it has the following effects:
*Allegedly every sim invited to a party will attend
*Allegedly guests attending a party hosted by a party animal are more likely to bring gifts.
*NPCs with this trait are allegedly attracted to the hangout.
*Allegedly prefer to watch the action channel
*Unlock the "Woo interaction during parties
*Some interaction get flavor renames
*Apparently theirs an "Awesome Party Make Out" social at parties and stuff.
*Will autonomously interact with stereo more
*Can dance on tables.
*Allegedly cheer at ghosts (I've never noticed this)
Overall: I personally don't do parties much, so I never saw much point of this trait

Hopeless Romantic is a base game trait, it has the following effects:
*Allegedly more receptive to another Sim's romantic advantages.
*Allegedly be in a better mood if a lover's in the same room
*Sigh in happiness if in a good relationship
*Prefer to read romance novels and watch romantic tv channels
*Write higher quality romance novels and can write them at level 5.
*Stood up and heartbroken moodlets, apparently effect these sims more
*Will wish to get married randomly (I've notice this personally)
*Gaze into Eyes moodlet interaction with loved Sim unlocked.
Overall: This may seem worthless but I've actually found a practical purpose for this trait: Self imposed challenges that limit your interactions to only things your sim wishes for, this makes it easier to unlock getting married and stuff, so while for the most part this trait is flavor it has some purpose

Computer Whiz is another base game trait it has the following effects
*Can hack into computers inbetween 9PM and 7 AM to earn money, (there's even a hidden skill for this any everything)
*Can apparently hack into venue lisitings to get VIP areas.
*Allegedly get 50% more fun playing computer than other sims.
*Allegedly make friends easier over the computer
*Allegedly earn logic 10% faster on the computer playing chess.
*Can overclock computers to upgrade them
*Allegedly take 60% less time fixing computers and 25% less time upgrading computers.
*Allegedly get a bonus to the science fiction genre.
*Allegedly NPCs with this trait are attracted to the library
*Allegedly prefer watching the action channel on television
*Unlock several computer based interactions.

I got tired to having the the time portal in my front yard, and since I can't sell, and deleting would be a waste of money since I'll need to buy it eventually. I decided to put it in my family inventory (family inventory is basically storage for the family that doesn't take space in your place).

So Sébastien and Venus got busy. (Also I rebought a lot of stuff with Sébastien's money he game with)

And Sébastien got busy working out despite his couch potato nature (that bar came of Showtime and is by far the cheapest exercise machine but just as good as the others).

And Venus practice guitar till eventually....

YES
:unsmigghh: :unsmigghh: :unsmigghh:
You might be wondering why I'm so excited, well level 5 is when Venus can start actually playing for tips with her guitar, which might not seem like a big deal, it would be hard to make money doing that with so little sims around.
Well I'm gonna read you a passage of the nothing is free rules:

quote:

"Visitors Allowed" and "No Visitors Allowed" lots should be used sparingly and only for places without much in them (a lot that's merely a fancy pedestrian walkway or a subway station would be good examples).
Emphasis mine, note that "No Visitors Allowed" have no requirement so you can place it at any time
There is no rule you need to be sufficiently big to have a subway station.

So I placed one on a "No Visitors Allowed" lot.
"So what" you may ask "What's so great about the subway"
You can you play for tips on the subway, and it doesn't matter how many sims are in the neighborhood, money will come to you at random invervals while playing for tips on the subway
The "problem" is money will come WAY too often of intervals that what is reasonable, meaning a level 5 guitar player playing for tips on the subway outpaces high level careers in terms of money:
Not only that but since the money you get by playing for tips gets higher every time you play for tips the amount of times you use it.
this greatly increases our money output and will make us rich if we do it long enough, don't worry I'm not gonna exploit to it's absolute max potential, just enough to help with our current money whoas.

Also in more minor news: Venus is pregnant
I've already spend some our new found money to upgrade our bathroom, and add a washer and dryer.

Eventually the baby is born (but i forgot to buy a crib whoops!)

The baby is a boy for now since at this time I was waiting for some suggestions I just called him "Filler Name" (don't worry I give him a legit name later I'll just tell you now it's Ryan in fact from now on I'll reffer him to Ryan).
His traits are Good and Grumpy:

Good is a base game trait it has the following effects:
* Can't preform most mean interactions
*Allegedly not have negative reactions to social interactions as frequently
*Allegedly have an easier time befriending uniconrs
*Can donate to charities once a day through the mailbox and this gives a positive moodlet.
*Can brighten day of other sims
*Can pracitce speech for world peace at the mirror
Overall: this isn't that useful of a trait it's mostly flavor that needs to exist for "Evil"

Grumpy is a base game trait it has the following effects:
*-15 invisible mood penalty
*Have the option to "Troll on Forums" results in a positive moodlet if successful
*Allegedly don't react will to "enthuse about" something
*Provides a bonus to the writing in the satire genre
*Prone to autonomously arguing with other sims.
*Scream out of fury if something bad happens to near by sim or to them selves.
*May develop "Out of sorts" moodlet upon awakening.
*Will autonomously shoo off cats sitting on furtinute
Overall: Actively bad trait, there's no benefit worth the -15 overall mood.
Now let's see what skill/building ryan needs to work on for us (For reference I already randomize the heir and Ryan will NOT be the heir):

gently caress! gently caress! gently caress!
I hate photography as a money maker, it levels so slowly and basically require you put all your attention to one sim on top of that there's only one lot unlock based on it:
Chinese Garden - Maxed Photography, and must purchase the lot.
Which isn't bad, but it's lacking options I'll TRY to do it I guess but it won't be easy, they are books for photography, so I hope i eventually get a sim that needs writing.

Eventually I do buy him that crib and working on building him a room.
Also he has doll that's given by a distant family member that doesn't exist, but i don't have a good screen shot for that

Eventually not only do i get enough money for Ryan to have his own room, Sébastien and Venus get their own bedroom too.

I even get enough money for a proper kitchen eventually. (A sink in the kitchen is added shortly as well, but that's not important enough to post it's own screenshot)

So Ryan becomes a toddler, and becoming a toddler needs to worry about three things: Teaching him how to talk, how to walk, and using the toilet if don't these things i won't get to choose his next trait (TBF i'm randomizing anyways, but I like to play along)

Also side note: Life time rewards exists and they give bonuses to your sim, some of them are so broken they are banned by the challenge the one i'm buying is "steel bladder" for Sébastien which isn't that broken but it's handy, it means the sims that buys it doesn't have to worry about bladder any more, since sims have pretty small bladders this is nice
Also I do the same for Venus shortly after, steel bladder is that nice.

Here's a look at ryan, he has his mom's hair but his dad's skin, sims genetics are weird, also theirs his doll, his imaginary friend named "Josephine"

Pretty quickly I get the money for an intermediate area with the laundry machines and the exercise station

So Venus got mugged with playing for tips but that poulty sum of money of what we are making playing for tips for reference (albeit this is a little later in the session):

For even more reference, longer sessions of playing for tips will get her around $6,000 (I'm not using the sim money character sue me), and for even more reference, a level 10 career earns about a little under $2000 in a day

So Venus is pregnant again.

And the baby is born Genius and Good and is named "Filler Name 3" (Filler Name 2 was Josephine, eventually I name this filler name 3 "Jonathan" so I'll call him Jonathan for here on out)

Genius is a base game trait:
*Gain the logic skill 30% quicker
*Enjoying playing chess
*Learn mooch, chess, hacking, and dominos hidden skills 30% faster.
*Perform better in law enforcement, science and medical careers
*Receive a bonus writing in the science fiction and mystery genre
*Learn toddler skills faster than other sims
*Benefit all majors in college
*Other poo poo minor enough to not worth mentioning
Overall: This is useful for sims that need to learn logic, now lets see what skills little Jonathan needs here to unlock:

Well Film (Acting) REQUIRES the Film Studio which requires:
Film Studio - Maxed Charisma and Writing, Five Star Celebrity Status, and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($95,000)
Yeah 5 Star Celebrity status isn't happening and that money requirement isn't happening so I'm unlocking a lot that that makes this easier: The bookstore. How because I say so, which is
Bookstore - Maxed Writing, and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($27,000)
Much more attainable.
Also incase you haven't figured it out: Jonathan here is also not the heir and we have two more kids to go and one of them will be the heir.
(Also I deleted the doll that came with Jonathan because I'm tired of imaginary friends)

So um... because Venus gave birth while she was cooking, she caused a fire by leaving the oven on.

Thankfully brave Sébastien put the fire out.

Also I taught Ryan how to walk, talk and poo poo on a toilet properly.

I also bought a telescope BECAUSE:
According the random legacy challenge rules:

quote:

making money with the telescope is fine, since discovering stars, celestial bodies and meteors is a random event,... so yes your sim may also sell meteors,
So it's a pretty good way to make money for sims that otherwise can't besides Venus needs logic to unlock the theater eventually. (Which means she'll stop playing for tips on the subway a little bit)

Another sim means another bedroom, so I made a small room for Jonathan to sleep in (so the babies don't wake each other up)
Unfortunately the game doesn't assign cribs so sims will keep taking the babies to other crib about half the time.

Also Venus is pregnant again or turning into a adult instead of a young adult I forget which.

Also Sébastien became an elder, (yeah he was an adult
And right after wards.

Ryan become a child

And gained night owl

Night Owl was a trait added in Sims 3 Supernatural:
*Get more fun while interacting with certian objects at nate
*Get the "Enjoying the Late Night" moodlet from staying up past 11 to 5 AM
*Get the "It's too early moodlet' being up at 6 to 10 AM
Overall: Meh it's okay I guess
Also his favorites are: Rap, Tri-Tip Tofu Steak, and Gray and his sign is Leo
(Jonathan's favorites are: Country Music, Potato and Truffle Torte, and Turquoise and his sign is Tauros)

Also I bought a Toy Oven and block play set because they help children with the two most useful "every day" skills, cooking and handiness and i don't have much for Ryan to do right now. (Photography is teen or higher, i checked).

So that's were I'm gonna end things off for now.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

weso12 posted:

So um... because Venus gave birth while she was cooking, she caused a fire by leaving the oven on.

Oh Sims :allears:

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
If you're going to be accepting names, I like a good theme, so I'll suggest Mercury for a kid of either gender; I like the Sims 3, so I'll be following along.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
gently caress it just name them all after planets and we'll have a sailor Moon themed house. Please dress each sim accordingly. Not like color themed but in the wtf Japanese 90s style from the cartoons.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

D3m3 posted:

If you're going to be accepting names, I like a good theme, so I'll suggest Mercury for a kid of either gender; I like the Sims 3, so I'll be following along.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

gently caress it just name them all after planets and we'll have a sailor Moon themed house. Please dress each sim accordingly. Not like color themed but in the wtf Japanese 90s style from the cartoons.

I'll definitely do this for the 3rd generation, unfortunately generation 2 is already named (because I got impatient and didn't want to wait much longer for suggestions) and I don't want to change people's name again mid play through, so gen 2 will just have weird normal names.

I'll have to look up what they wore on sailor moon, I didn't really see that much of the show growing up. I'd prefer not use clothing mods because that CAN get buggy.

BTW I'm current working on an update right now so expect that soon. (Like in the next hour or so but no promises)

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

So now that Ryan is a child I bought him a bed (and gave his parents the same bed), but not just any bed, a bed that's a considerably cheaper than it should be considering how much energy it gives.

For reference here's a single bed of the same price. This is strange because usually quality to price in the Sims 3 is usually pretty linear, I'm guessing they initially planned "Suite Dreams Bed" to be a higher price, then eventually decided to make it cheaper because of it's appearance and forgot to change it's stats.

Eventually their third baby is born: A girl named Victoria, who's Brave and Athletic
I'll think I'll stop explaining traits in detail so here's a brief summary of the athletic trait: It boosts the athletic skill, it's useful for if you need the athletic skill
Let's see what lot she needs to unlock.

Hm... according to the nothing is free challenge being a Singer, Acrobat, or a Magician requires a Big Park with a Stage (putting a stage on a big park has no requirements), and a Big Park has the following requirements:
Big Park - Maxed Logic and Gardening, and must purchase the lot.
So that means Victoria needs to max Logic and Gardening, not that hard.
Victoria favorites are Country Music, Fish and Chips, and Grey and her sign is Capricorn
Also if you haven't figured it out Victoria is not the heir, and fourth child will be the heir according to this random.org roll:

I'll reveal what the gen 2 stuff is once the fourth baby is born

Also Jonathan became a toddler and you can see baby Victoria in the background, looks like every other baby in the Sims 3

And Venus is pregnant again

Also I sent Venus to go playing for tips with her guitar and I didn't notice that she was carrying Victoria, so she just dropped victoria in front of the subway abandoning her there for a little while
Victoria didn't seem to mind at least until she got hungry.

Also Sébastien maxed athletics, but I can't afford the stadium yet hopefully Sébastien can just hold tight till we get the simeleons it's gonna be a while.

Also I bought a Chemistry station for Ryan to turn his imaginary friend real. I could have another sim work on logic (Venus needs to do it eventually), but I figured, "I have nothing better for Ryan to do so why not?", Venus is my money maker I'm not having her work on logic till she at least gets enough money to finish her lifetime wish

GOD drat IT VENUS STOP GIVING BIRTH WHILE COOKING, IT CAUSES FIRE
Don't worry she was fine (Pregnant sims can't die anyways)

So Jacob, our heir, was born and he's Brave and Light Sleeper
Light Sleeper just means they wake up to more things, (like burglars), not that useful honestly.
His Favorites are: Island Life, Tofu Dogs, Green (Might be Irish green the two are very similar, the eye dropper tool lets me believe it's regular green but I'll double check when i open the again)
His sign is Libra
Also here's the gen 2 roles:

To explain some things:
"Mixed Couple" does not mean "Mixed race" or "Mixed Life states" or anything like that, just that the kids are a mix of biological and adopted.
Note it explicitly says you go can over to meet this requirement so in this case I can have two kids, one biological, one adopted.
Since I kind of want to keep the legacy of biological kids, so I'll make the biological one the heir without rolling.
So both parents rolled the EXACT same career, which for reference: Art Appriaser (Acquistion), is at the criminal warehouse, so I'll need to max athletics and logic and buy the warehouse (50,000 simeleons), which is difficult but manageable, especially with Venus still around (Though with 4 kids Venus has been somewhat busy wth childcare and Sébastien can't do it all on his own.)
Hobby, or Obession is explained above pretty well, I haven't decided yet what Jacob's hobby will be (Maybe sculpting, I like sculpting and I never get to use it enough)
Joker just means I don't get a Misc. Fun and I get a free reroll later.

So Victoria aged up into toddler

And Venus become an Adult (she didn't get a midlife crisis I think, I don't recall her getting one and I don't have a screenshot for that I'll explain those when another sim gets one)

This screenshot is mainly to show that I AM keeping up with teaching all the toddlers their life skills, but apparently it also showcases I'm tremendously bad at keeping up with laundry in this game JUST LIKE REAL LIFE.

Also Ryan aged up into teenager

And became a couch potato.

Jacob became a toddler

Venus bought the collection helper life time reward, it's probably the best life time reward that isn't banned in this challenge long term.
It basically let's you see were all the collectables are located on the map, IDK how your suppose to find them without it.
I'm not using it right away but it will be helpful later

Jonathan become a child

And becomes Easily Impressed, it's exactly what it says on the Tin.

And I happened to notice Jonathan for some reason has "Josephine" as a stranger is in relationship panel, Josephine literally doesn't exist (yet at least), how do you know of her at all, even as a stranger?

Victoria aged up and become a Virtuoso, this gives a bonus to musical instrument skills (Guitar, Piano, Base, Drums, Laser-Rhythm), pretty neat if you're using those skills, too bad she's not.

I bought an alchemy station
1. Because Alchemy will be needed later in the play through (IDK when but eventually)
2. Because any sim reaching the first level of alchemy gets certian gardening plants in their inventory (presumably as fodder to make elixirs but I enjoy taking them for gardening especially since they are no stores in town to buy plants, and looking for seeds is annoying even with the collection helper.

Also Venus maxed Guitar FINALLY, but I kept on playing for tips for some extra cash and completing her life time wish. (Which was very much in reach at this point)

This cropped screenshot is to that Victoria is working on her Logic because gardening is something children can't do.

Also Sébastien and Venus had their one year anniversary and they got a postive moodlet from that

So jacob aged up to a child

And suddenly couldn't stand art, this means he get less of a bonus from art.
I never got this trait, who actively has a distain for art in general?

And I bought him a second telescope so him and victoria can stargaze at the same time!

And a chess table because someone wished for it

So Sébastien researched alchemy

And here's the free gardening stuff I did this for

Jonathan aged into teen and gained Disciplined (which gives a bonus to martial arts, a skill I'm basically ignoring for a while so w/e)

And here's what he looks like

So I added a computer (for Jonathan to work on writing) and i made the alchemy station inside.

What's going on?

Looks like Sébastien's time is up, and he's relatively young to die, he was only like 90 or 91 days old (sims start rolling for death at 90 but I've seen Sims last up to 120).

Well Sébastien you had a good life, you got married, had four kids, shame you never unlocked a building (I never got around to getting him to use that athletics for a building) or got your kids reach adulthood but I hope you enjoyed your sim life
Well to end this update:

Victoria, this little brat, actually got some pleasure from watching her father die, REALLY? IDK why but this really bugged me.

weso12 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 6, 2018

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Same but without the Sailor Moon theme, but also including Dwarf planets like Ceres and Eris

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
To be fair the sailor moon civilian outfits are essentially the fashion equivalent of someone from the 80s hearing what 90s fashion is like from a person who once saw an episode of saved by the Bell.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Update 4
Sorry for the slightly delay

First let's go back in time and note that before Sébastien died Sébastien and Venus got a free vacation opportunity, this was added in generation and basically just makes all adults in a house uncontrollable for two days, so you can have a party with your teen sims (It requires you to have teen sims for it too show up) or something. As it is mostly flavor it's something I skipped since I'm not a roleplayer.

Also weird thing is that (at least in my games IDK if this is universal), Sims will consider a dead spouse as them being engaged to them. This means some quirky stuff happens. IDK if any of these problems are universal

So I forgot pay my bills in the game (I didn't do this on purpose or because I didn't have enough money (I had plenty), i just legit forgot)
So this is SUPPOSE to mean that the repo person takes a random from your house, but strangely that didn't happen. She just came and left without taking anything I have no idea why.

Also don't worry, any object that Sébastien died with in his inventory, his wife inherented

So Victoria Blake aged into a teenager, and became a slob.
Slob basically means that a sim doesn't mind being dirty, and can lick dishes clean. It's surprisingly useful, but not something I go out of my way to pick usually.

Then I gave her a garden with a Fence, the fence exists to prevent horses or zombies (when i finally remember to set the moon to change), to not eat my plants.

I also made perfect garden Victoria's Life Time Wish not for any particular reason (I won't complete it probably), just because it's flavor appriopate.

So Ryan became a Young Adult.

And got the Brooding trait.
Brooding basically means that Sims will autonomously brood (basically stand still), and they get a negative moodlet if they haven't brood in a while. It's kind of annoying.

On the same day, Jacob became a teen, (IDK how he got so fat, the game just randomly does that sometimes)

And became adventurous, which does nothing helpful for us (I can confirm now that it makes Stir Crazy come FASTER not SLOWER), IDK where the wiki is getting it coming slowing from.

Because Jacob is so fat, I have him work out to lose weight (actually it's a strength training machine, it won't help him lose weight, just gain muscle to make him even bigger, but I didn't feel like wasting money on a cardio thing for superficial purposes, since the Sims 3 has no mechanical disadvantage to being fat AFAIK)

So Venus has been playing for tips so much she completed her life time wish to have worth of more than $100,000, impressive, especially considering she took a break from playing when like three of the kids were toddlers.

She uses some of her Life Time reward points to buy Mediative trance sleep, to sleep 2 less hours in a day or so, handy (don't buy this and hover bed however, apparently the two aren't compatible for some weird reason.

Also some sim wished for a better refrigerator so I decided to do it, the house is slowly become less lovely.

Also Jacob while working out, rolled the acrobat life time wish and i accidently confirmed it, so I'll need to change it later.
Also I've been completely neglecting it letting you know Josephine exists or even what she looks like: Say hi Josephine. She's gonna be important latter in this update.

So Venus also bought Hardly Hungry, that means she has to eat less, useful for her Busking job, (which she's taking a break from to max logic right now but w/e).

BTW I've been buying steel bladder basically the moment I notice they have 10,000 LTH points. (I won't always point it out but I'm doing it)

So Ryan has been dabbling in logic, specifically to discover the "Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion" to turn Josephine real, which I did, (also turning really required me to make them best friends which was kind of annoying

Here's a nice photo of her, back

Oh well here's a better photo (sorry it's a little darkened out it was taken during a birthday notification), her traits are Workaholic, Natural Cook, Perfectionist, Athletic, and Angler
Workaholic gives bonuses to job stuff and get less stressed while working
Natural cook gives a bonus to cooking and means you can't cause fires with your food (handy)
Her favorites are egyptian, spaghetti, and irish green
Her sign is sagittarius
Don't worry I didn't make her real for no reason I have a plan for her.
Her lifetime wish involves a nectary cellar, which I'm promptly gonna ignore

She also spawned with 4 painitng and 3 cooking, IDK why probably the story progression mod or something did that, it's not a huge deal anyways

Another sim means I needed to another bedroom to the weirdly structured house.

Also I buy an easel for painting skill for future purposes. (I can't sell that stuff yet).

Venus aged up to elder

And we bought a new stove.

Also for some reason I forgot the exact university added Jacob and eventual wife need, so I build a tv room with a game console (well actually three, because several people in this house have been leveling up in the Nerd social group by playing video games on the computer while I'm not looking, which unlocks a free game console on level 2, which I can't sell or delete because of Venus's miscellaneous fun. I though they needed Nerd but they actually needed Rebel)

Huh strange, I buy Nerd social group bonus for Josephine, what does she have to do with me thinking I need it for Jacob and his future wife?

So the new oven caught fire pretty freaking quickly

So I bought a spray paint container.

And Victoria got this message in notifications despite not attending school (as there is no school in town) and not gonna be graduating at all

Jonathan aged up and became a social butterfly.
Social Butterfly is a lovely trait, it drains social motive faster and it makes another negative moodlet from not socializing enough, you get a postive moodlet from being surrounded by a lot of people but it's not worth it.
Also his life time wish is professional author (trust me on this one)
With that I think I'm gonna end things off. Except another update soonish.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Update 5
Because the Fans demanded it (All 2 of you silently reading this)

So Josephine starts working on street art
Street art was added in the Sims 3 Unniversity, normally your expected to do it in public (hence it boosting your rebel group), but I do it in my own house because
1. It's hilarious
2. Their's no risk of being arrested

She quickly gets in good with the rebels and becomes a schmoozer as her social group trait.
Schmoozer just gains opinion with bosses and coworker faster, useful for Business sims.

Josephine gets level 10 in Rebels meaning she can now get into the "Art Appriaser" career if she wanted. Why would I bother with that, well it's probably pretty obviously but i will be made 100% clear later.

And Jacob got Level 10 athletics as a teen, impressive, to be fair, atheltics is pretty fast and he wasn't going to school

Victoria became a young adult gets eco-friendly meaning she gets positive moodlets arbitrarily considered "Eco-Friendly", using the expensive washer and dryer, carpooling, using a bicycle, and negative moodlets from anything harmful to mother earth
Since gardening is considered "Eco-Friendly" that's helpful in this case

For quick reference

Also the ghost of Sébastien came to visit, when you place tombstone of a dead sim on your lot, the ghost will visit occasionally. So if you see one in the background, just don't question it. It's gonna get worse when we have a bunch of dead sims

So the ghost of Sébastien is interested in Josephine, I guess it's "Death due us part" and all but this is creepy.

So Venus maxed Logic, maxed Guitar earlier and has a poo poo load of money and you know what that means.

WE GET OUR FIRST LOT UNLOCK FINALLY
This isn't gonna be helpful for now, but it WILL be in the future.

ANOTHER FIRE SERIOUSLY, and no one was even giving birth this time

And the fire fighter had the hots for Josephine as well, is Josephine like super attractive or something

So Jacob because an young adult and a Slob

Josephine then dabbled in alchemy, made two jars of friendship, and threw them both at Jacob

So after some romantic interactions and Jacob and Josephine dated, and Jacob immediately proposed, since their opinion is maxed she said yes

They quickly got married right afterwards.
That's right Josephine is gonna be spouse for Gen 2 (This is the only time an imaginary friend is gonna be a spouse or not immediately deleted the moment the doll shows up PERIOD).

They consummated their marriage that night.

Also a dead man sent them a wedding gift, I've seen this happen before and every time I see it i find it lulzy.

Also Victoria maxed gardening meaning she just needs to work on logic.

Hmm... Josephine throwing up wonder what this could mean

Yup Josephine is pregnant

Um... Ryan, your an adult you shouldn't have a bedtime, you live with your mom, but why on earth would she give you a bedtime

Also I buy the ExtraordinAIRe-Inator which basically allows your sim to mediate for boost in fun or something it's not that useful but I don't have much else I want him to buy because he's temporary sim

So Victoria maxed Logic as well meaning

We bought a "Big Park" (It's actually pretty small), with a stage, meaning the acrobat, singer, and magician career are unlocked. (In case your wondering it's one of the default big parks unlocked with show time I used, but I added a small bathroom for reinvention requirements)

This means I get to move out Victoria, into a crappy house I made that I forgot to screenshot. (I included a crib in there because IDK if story progression allows her to marry townies) (I didn't forget to empty her inventory don't worry)
Also thanks to my story progession mod I'll get updates on her life as it happens, I notify if I find anything interesting (Marriage, divorce, having a child, death), obviously I'm ignoring things like "They got a cat"

Josephine took over the garden (In hindsight it probably should have been Ryan, since he has nothing better to do.) Consider that her hobby for the (Hobby or Obsession) thing

Also I did decide of Jacob his "Hobby" is sculpting note I can't sell anything thing here, but I can but them on display.
I decided he took up sculpting because he hates paintings and wants to replace them all with sculptors. (I know "Can't Stand Art" doesn't necessarily mean paintings but let me take some creative liberties)

Here's the first thing he sculpted, way better than anything I could do.

So Josephine is giving birth at home as per usual

And gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Mercury who's insane (meaning he can talk to himself to gain social, wears random outfits, has a 50/50 chance to accept marriage proposals no matter what, gets random wishes out of nowhere, and a few other random quirks),

His favorites are Songwriter, Peanut Butter and jelly, and Spice Brown, and his sign is Virgo
Let's see what Mercury roled

:shepicide:
So Fortune teller (Genuine Psychic) isn't that bad the unlock requirements are:
Gypsy Wagon - Maxed Alchemy, Charisma, and Logic and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($16,000)
Alchemy is SUPER fast, logic can be raised as a kid, and I have a strategy for Charisma (It's not gonna be impossible if you abuse the right). The money requirement is trivial it's just leveling up three skills with 5 kids and no help (aside from probably working aging parents) is gonna be a PITA.
In case you're wondering how I plan to get the Bio kids with a male sim, I'll marry a maid or pizza delivery gal or something (or if I run into a female firefighter or police officer, burglar etc. I'll marry them), get her pregnant, basically have her do nothing but listen to kid music and kids television and hope for multiples. The first batch will be all of the biological kids, the rest will be adopted, then I'll divorce her and have her move out (or kill her depending on my mood).

Also the arc of being unsure of Jacob's favorite color is over, it is in fact regular Green I'm sure you all cared so much.

So the next day I adopted a baby because of my role
In the spirit of this challenge I randomized the gender of the adopted baby and got male

I named him Pluto because he's not "really" part of the family kind of thing, I think I'll name all of the adopted children like tht

Here's what he looks like (ignore the doll I delete it pretty quickly)

He loves the outdoors (gets a positive moodlet to being outside, and I think a bonus to fishing) and is excitable,
He's a Leo, and his favorites are Beach Party, Tri-Tip Tofu Steak and Orange
Let's see what the role for Pluto is
well I first rolled Art Appraiser but I decided to use my joker reroll because of diversity and got

Military is pretty straightforward, handiness, athletics no money requirement, that's actually kind of nice, but there isn't much he can do as a child though when that happens

For now I'll think I'll end the update, have a good day!

weso12 fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 8, 2018

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.

weso12 posted:

Update 5
Because the Fans demanded it (All 2 of you silently reading this)

They know! :tinfoil:

I always enjoy some Sims and absurd situations. I hope it's as fun for you to play as it is for me to read.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

HomestarCanter posted:

They know! :tinfoil:

I always enjoy some Sims and absurd situations. I hope it's as fun for you to play as it is for me to read.

Thanks, I'm definitely enjoying playing it, it's hard to explain exactly why, but even if I stop playing for a while I keep coming back to the sims (mainly 3). I'm definitely not a normal player (I don't roleplay, and I don't care for decoration or fashion), but if you restrict yourself enough from opening the cheat menu and not buying the moodlet manager (though I still buy that sometimes I used it last playthrough) it's a fun challenge.

Also in case anyone is interested, when leveling up logic with telescope, the sims discovered a BUNCH of stars and I was wondering if anyone wanted me to a bonus content post of me sharing the names I gave them (with the images and stuff obviously), I like to pretend they were semi-humorous, but a Bonus content post of nothing but star names might be kind of boring.

In the realm of bonus content I'm tempted to do a "Science corner" where I test how/whether traits/LTH rewards work would there be any interest in that either, because I'm tired of being unsure whether the programmers who made this actually made stuff work. (Since I know for a fact that some of this stuff didn't work for a LONG TIME)

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Update 6
While I wait to anyone to reply have another update because I'm bored

Josephine bought a Flying Vacuum, it's basically just a solo vehicle you can buy with LTH, it's okay, I just like buying permanent rewards when I can. (And the REALLY good one is banned)

So Jonathan FINALLY maxed writing and we bought added and bought a bookstore (Not shown),

Moved Jonathan out, then I noticed something
You see I've planned to level up photography by skill books, then I realized that the bookstore only has the first volume of photography skill books either the ones don't exist or you have to travel and I don't plan to travel to find out so

I move Jonathan out and...

Move Ryan out because I'm never gonna max photography with him (I'll do it near the end of the challenge and if I do go traveling later, (I need to for martial arts and nectar making) I'm gonna make sure I buy some photography books) (In hindsight I should have had them move in together)
Sorry Ryan

Um... Jonathan they aren't scuba spots in town IDK if you can make a career out of that.

So I used the "Change Lifetime Wish" LTR on Jacob to make his life time wish "Perfect Mind, Perfect Body", considering he's literially 1 point from maxing logic and already maxed althetics it's not gonna be hard.

Jacob maxed Logic, and...

Completed his life time wish, we don't quite have enough money for so grandma Venus gonna have busk more and Jacob gonna do more telescope stuff (since that's the only legal way for him to make money).

Josephine became an Adult (Rather than young adult) (So did Ryan presumably)

Josphine got a midlife Crisis
Midlife Crisis were added in generations and are "Opt In", if you lock in "Mid life crisis wish" (purple border) you sim will be unable to remove till the end of the midlife crisis or until they complete it, but the more midlife crisis wishes you complete you get a positive moodlet for a while after your midlife crisis is over if you don't complete any you get nothing, no punishment or anything
And here the type of wishes Sims tend to get

Yeah, not really worth it

And Mercury became an toddler

We quickly got him to work teaching him to do his toddler skills

And Pluto became a toddler shortly after, and we worked on his toddle skills as well.

I used some lifetime happiness points to buy a weather control thing I'll never for some reason (Instead of No Bills ever which WHY I buy it later but REALLY)

MY MAIN SOURCE OF INCOME NOOOO!!!

I was worried since she died I wouldn't be able to pick up her corpse and put it next to her husband, but I was
Eulogy time: You were great founder, loving mother, and great in giving a headstart with a lot of money for your family, you managed to unlock your lot, raise 4 kids, complete your life time wish and make more money than a career sim could ever dream of, I think you've had a good life.

Found it weird they put in Josephine inventory, you think the game would do a "Next of Kin in household" thing, like Jacob would get it or something

Since Venus died and I don't have enough money for the Abandon Warehouse, I'm having Jacob use the telescope for extra money (I'm not selling Josephine's painting she just doing it for skilling)

gently caress why do I keep forgetting to pay the bills

Thankfully he didn't take anything important, just a crappy old shower

Which I immediately replace with a nicer shower

I FINALLY buy "No Bills Ever"

Mercury ages up to a Child (I taught him everything don't worry) and becomes Discplined

Since Mercury hates the outdoor, I put a telescope indoors so he can skill (and it still discovers stars for some reason)

Trust me on this...

SHE IS MARRIED, why is Josephine such a hot commodity

Pluto became a child but he doesn't have much to do as a child, I breifly had him work on blocks to give him a head start on handiness. I THINK there's a way to athletic stuff as a child but IDK how. I also had him work with the toy oven for cooking because: why not.

But mostly I had do logic stuff even though he didn't have to stuff for more legal money

Jacob then discovers a Huge Red Neutron, gains a SHITLOAD of money and look our money count plus the amount we are about to earn, that's enough
I quickly create, and buy the criminal warehouse

Josephine finally joins that career

Jacob spends lifetime reward points to shot up Rebel and gets to roll another trait gets Mooch (this basically lets him mooch food and trivial money off of people), there is even a skill for mooching money but the starting value isn't worth it so I can't imagine it gets that high.

Jacob also becomes an Eager Artist and earn some money as well
That's it for now I think I'll do another update maybe tomorrow or so. Sorry this one was kind of short, but we're catching up to where I've actually played too.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I love Sims threads but rarely comment. All I ever did in the Sims was play My Pretty Dream House them cram it full of moon rocks and gems. I did build a house once that was constructed over a huge pool.

Why does every room look so terrible? Brighten the place up, man. A rug would really tie the room together.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I love Sims threads but rarely comment. All I ever did in the Sims was play My Pretty Dream House them cram it full of moon rocks and gems. I did build a house once that was constructed over a huge pool.

Why does every room look so terrible? Brighten the place up, man. A rug would really tie the room together.
I'm "min-maxing", I'm trying the cheapest stuff possible that functions for the household, I'm gonna take your advice though, and use that interior decorator in myself make the house less awful, I just got a shitload of money at the point I'm actually at.

Keep in mind I'm playing ahead so it's gonna take a couple of updates to for this to happen.

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.
I always love me some science corner. Maybe intersperse the star names with your experiments for extra SCIENCE.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Man, I am enjoying this LP. Something about your relaxed attitude just makes it so I can HEAR your voice, and I picture you just leaning back in a computer chair with a mouse in one hand and a joint in the other, just explaining little facts about the Sims.

"Midlife Crisis were added in generations and are "Opt In", if you lock in "Mid life crisis wish" (purple border) you sim will be unable to remove till the end of the midlife crisis or until they complete it, but the more midlife crisis wishes you complete you get a positive moodlet for a while after your midlife crisis is over if you don't complete any you get nothing, no punishment or anything"

*tokes heavily, loose shrug*

"And here the type of wishes Sims tend to get"

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Update 7

So first news up is that Mercury became a teen

And became proper
I've heard that "Nicely Decorated" bonus is bugged but I'm not show if my mods fix that or not, also IDK how Proper interacts with Insane in terms of dress, I've noticed him be in a formalware more than anything so maybe that's how

So I have him work on Alchemy right away, because he was already has level 8 Logic at the time.

So Jacob aged up into an adult

SHE. IS. MARRIED.

Pluto aged up and became a Dog person (Dog people are good with dogs pretty self-explanatory)

I bought a treadmill, not particular reason other than I had the money and Pluto was looking kind of chunky for some reason (I'd say he inherited his father's fat gene but he's adopted and all)

I had him level athletic through that instead of the bar just because.

Also Jacob got a wish to get a new outfit so a delivered with the cringiest makeover i could give. (Asside from the "Sweet Transvisite) or the one outfit Katy Perry Sweat treats gave to guys)

Also Jacob mastered slupting

In other news Mercury screwed up alchemy a little bit and a became a frog, I used to a cure elixir to get rid of that don't worry.

Also here's was pluto looks like without the fat, it seems that the "fat gene" will just continually add weight so don't expect him to always look like that
So Mercury got far enough in alchemy (Level 8), that I decided to shift gears and work on Charisma, (i'm trying to work on getting all of the 3 skills high enough before hell
First off I had to get to level 1 charisma which has no requirement AFAIK, but charisma level 2 requires 2 people known, aside from Family (From what i can tell, spouses count though, but siblings, parents, aunts and uncles, (Including all adopted variants) do NOT count), and he only has one in his relationship panel (some mascot who came by when he turned teen), eventually i'll need more friends and more people known so what do I do, abuse social networking.

So I text spam the mascot, which boosts social networking, and did this til he got level 4 social networking, why 4?
Because you unlock the all-mighty SIM FINDER,
What it does do?
When you open it up it will ask you specify a gender, age, up 5 traits and a sign for a sim (I'm banning the use of customizing traits), and a sim will be either created or taken from your town that meets the critea, at first what i would do is just ignore them in person and have Mercury mass text spam them til they were friends (I would go to friends because if a sim becomes too distant they are removed from your relationship pannel, and the friend level is high enough for that to never to happen)
Then i realized I had bottle of friendships (alot of them) made from my alchemy dabbling and just threw those at them whenever he meets them (it's enough for friendship level of relationship)

Eventually I unlocked with social networking at level 7, the relationship transmogrifer, the most broken thing I'm allowing in this challenge probably. It allows you to set the relationship of two sims (Including yourself, at level 7 social networking the only options are: Friend, Acquaintance, and Dislike but friend is really all you need, it also allows you to be friends with sims without even interacting with them at all, period.

Also Josephine and Jacob's 1 year wedding anniversary happened. No I did not celebrate.

Everyone Loves Josephine™

I was bored and decided to see what Jacob looked like as not fat, and surprisingly not bad
Unfortunately the "fat gene" will make him fat pretty quickly (Don't worry I'm not one of those people who really hates fat people or anything I'm fat myself IRL, but I am trying to work on that)

Um... Mercury isn't going to school

Josephine becomes an elder.

Pluto maxed Athletics, yes as a teen

Mercury became a young adult and got Unlucky, unlucky IIRC means stuff is more likely to break, and that occassionally they get a negative moodlet called "Feeling Unlucky" this might seem bad until you consider the third effect is that they can't die by any means other old age because the grim reaper takes pitty on them.

So for this generations miscellaneous fun task, I need to get a sim with a hidden trait, and one such sim is the pizza delivery guy/gal, so I order a pizza, and thankfully the sim we get is a female, her name is Dionne Never got her last name

He throws a few bottles of friendship at her, does sufficent romantic interactions and proposes marriage which she accepts, and have a private wedding.

Dionne (visible) traits loves the outdoors, is soically awkward, a night owl, coward and childish. Honestly if "Loves the outdoor" was reversed she'd describe most people people on the internet
Her lifetime wish Grand Explorer, which is to discover all the hidden islands on that one map we aren't on, so I'm completely ignoring that
Her favorites are Country Music, Tofu Rolls, and White, her sign is aries
but Let's go into master controller "status" feature to see something interesting about her

Look under traits we will see a six trait (Pizza Appreciator), all this trait does is make it so that they enjoy pizza more, and all pizza delivery people have it.
While this is minor is does qualify for the "Hidden Heritage" miscellaneous fun roll, so hooray

Pluto also became a young adult, became unflirty and I'm ending it off here.
Expect the first Science Corner soonish.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We need more magic hijinks.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Deadmeat5150 posted:

We need more magic hijinks.

Sure as soon as i catch up, I'll dabble into making some alchemy stuff to turn the heir into super natural stuff, (I need to do this for a few lots anyways), I'll try to only do this after they have kids just to keep the bloodline "pure" (Mercury didn't inherent the imaginary friend occult state I checked).

Update coming up in hopefully a couple of hours. (No science corner yet, I realized something that requires more research before I post).

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Update #8

So I bought Fertility treatment for Mercury (I'd buy it for Dionne but she doesn't have enough Life Time Happiness for it)
What it is does is a. Make "Try for baby" more likely to have multiples, and b. Increase the odds of twins and triplets, since Try of a Baby is successful enough already most of the time, and you can just spam it till you the hear the noise, increasing the odds of twins and triplets is what you want this for and what I'm buying it for.

So Dionne is pregnant, and spends all her time watching Kids TV and listening to Kids music (both these things are well documented to increase the odds of multiples with pregnant sims)

So I bought the food replicator with with Josephine lifetime happiness points, not because I really need it but because I'm running out of legal things to buy.

So Pluto maxed Handiness, meaning we can move him out
But first

Here's the military base he created.

Here's the house I moved him into, it's not much but it's basically what i'm moving all the spares into.
I have a crib so they can spawn children and the like.

Also I noticed that Josephine maxed gardening, and hadn't unlocked a lot which is the only requirement for a "Small Park" so I literally used one of the small parks in game collections (only one I could find)

So Dionne is giving birth and

First off, we got a boy named Mars, who's Brave and Athletic, his favorites are Soul, Lobster Thermidor, and Gray, his sign is Aquarius

Second off, we got a boy named Jupiter, who's Evil and a Slob, his favorites are Rap, Cheesesteak, and Pink, his sign (yes twins will generally have different signs despite being born on the same day) is Virgo.
There was no babies after that unfortunately we only got twins
So I rolled which one will be the heir and got that Mars will be the heir.
Let's see what the conditions are this generation:

So Mars is gonna have to be a Dumpster Diver, and in order to do that effectively, he'll be go into Inventing to unlock the Junkyard, his Wife is gonna be an Angler
For awesome I'm gonna cheap out and say "Build a Simbot" or if I can't do that, I'll say you know building a time machine certainly counts
Also the house is gonna get an upgrade when he becomes a young adult
His wife is probably gonna unlock the science building or a fishing spot, probably the former, you'll see why with future rolls
Let's see what Jupiter's gonna do

YES! Free money, but unfortunately the only building that has him require an instrument is either one of the Clubs, or the school of Art, I'll think about what exactly to do for him later

After that happened I quickly divorced Dionne

Here's what Dionne's new house looks like, currently she'll be the only Sim not related to us living in town.

I moved Dionne out, and pretty quickly (while Mars and Jupiter were still babies), she had a shotgun wedding with Ryan (In case your wondering about this screen, master controller has some wonky settings involving married names, so I set it to "Prompt" which lets me choose, but it's kind of irrelevant in this case since they have the same last name), apparently he got her pregnant. I'll introduce the baby once it's born

Mars aged up to Toddler

And you would THINK Jupiter would do the same, but strangely he didn't, they put him on the floor to age, but he just never did, and eventually they started picking him and stuff again, don't worry I solve this later.

I solve this buy the next day, buying birthday and aging Jupiter up with that, so that does mean that Jupiter is a day younger than Mars now, despite being twins.

So we adopt a baby, this one being randomly rolled to be a girl.

Her name is Ceres (Ignore the L i forget it was "Ceres" not "Celes", I fix this later)

Her traits are Virtuoso and Clumsy and her favorites are Latin, Firecracker Shrimp, and Orange, and her sign is Pisces, let's see what her roll is:

Okay Day Care requires City Hall, which requires max charisma so she's going into Charisma

Jacob turned into an elder.

Both Jacob and Josephine maxed their career and became master forgers

So Ryan and Dionne's daughter was born, her name is Maggie and she is Athletic and Disciplined
Now don't worry I'm not gonna give full updates in the main posts about her, or any future sims born outside of the household but still part of the family, only when there born, I'll keep you guys updated the Sim Bios about them though in terms of age and traits and stuff, including favorites

So Josephine passed on, time for a Eulogy
Josephine, you are the one and only imaginary friend I will make real (or not delete right away) this entire playthrough and I'm thankful for your contribution, you unlocked a small park, raised 2 beautiful boys, got to see 3 of your grandchildren, you also made to the top of Art Appraisal acquisition branch so you have plenty to thankful you accomplished in your life.

Ceres became a toddler and that means

Adopting another baby

Eris, a lovely girl we adopted

She's a bit of a loner, but ultimately a good girl, her favorites are R&B, Cheesesteak, and Green, and her sign is Aries
Let's see her roll

Angler AGAIN, so I'm probably having Eris unlocking a fishing spot and Mars's wife unlock the science building (those are literally the only two lots that require Fishing), i can't get Science building in time, Graveyard or Laundromat is always an option.

Mars aged up into a child (sorry no fully body image, that portrait will have do), and became perspective.

Since inventing isn't off limits to children I buy an inventing room (don't worry the house is getting a design upgrade soonish)
Also I put a shower in there basically because inventing can occasionally lite a sim on fire and have a shower in there makes them more likely to live

Jupiter aged up and became a kleptomaniac

And Eris became a toddler and I'm ending things off here
Next Time: The house gets a makeover

weso12 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 14, 2018

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Jupiter is literally the Evil Twin.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Jupiter is literally the Evil Twin.
Yeah I'm disappointed Mars didn't roll Good, or any more traits that were opposite of Jupiter but oh well, Jupiter being the "Evil Twin" will have to do.

BTW i just noticed I forgot to say what lots Ceres and Eris were unlocking.

Also i finally updated the Sim Bios which I was behind on for a little while.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Update #9
Sorry for the delay in the updates

So I adopted the 5th and final child for Mercury
You know I got the thank that orphanage who allows a single man who's insane and no job, who's already taking care of twins with only his aging father, to adopt 3 more children.

Her name is Haumea, allegedly a dwarf planet that exists according to google. I just kind of liked the name

She's a bit Clumsy (I have no idea what this actually does mechanically), and Good
Her sign is Cancer, her favorites are Island Life, Sushi, and Yellow

While I'm not an interior decorator by any means, I redesigned the house to look less like poo poo, diversify the walls, added some rugs, tried to give every room a distinct flair.

So Ceres became a child and lost her sense of humor.

And Haumea became a toddler (not on the same day, just nothing happened in the intermediate time)

And also during on the ghost haunting something strange happened, Josephine starting cooking a meal, this is like the first time I've seen a ghost do something remotely productive, usually they just hog your computer all day dance to music, and freak out your other sims who really should be used to this by now.

Mars aged up and became a workaholic.

So I got a notification that Jonathan died and decided to check something

Yup, Ryan is already dead, and Victoria isn't dead yet, but she's close.

In between teaching the toddler skills and refilling their diapers, Mercury maxed alchemy, overall alchemy is a pretty fast skill.

Victoria not long after that died

Eris became a child and Mercury became a Middle Aged Adult (that's what i'm calling the "adult" life stage because that's what it basically is)

I added a pond into the back yard and Eris started fishing

Jupiter also aged up and became a Workaholic, I literally just noticed that Mars and Jupiter got the exact same teenage trait, twin powers work even when the game forces them to be a day different in age.

I also locked in "presenting the Private Aquarium" for Eris lifetime wish because she rolled it, I'll never complete (she's move out immediately after she maxes fishing and becomes a Young Adult, so it's not like she has the time)

Because Mars and mercury look almost identical (everything but eyebrows at a glance is the same), I decided to give Mars a new hair style in order to differentiate himself from his father, because I was actually having a hard time telling them apart.

So we hired a maid at some point because the house was getting unbarable after she finished cleaning she got out of her work attire and I have to comment on her ridiculous hair style, this will not be the last of this maid.

Ceres became a teenager developed a hatred for the outdoors and her charisma practice started.

So Mars got abducted by aliens, thankfully since he's a teen this doesn't mean much.

I had Jacob register as retired because honestly he's gonna die soon enough might as well give him a break from working
On the first Installment of Maid Unprofessionalism we have:

A Maid Working Out with our workout gear

Haumea became a child (which i have no good pic of) and became insane, she's reminding me of my aunt now.
One the second installment of "Maid Unprofessionalism"

A Maid using our chemistry kit

Mercury maxed Logic, so he just needs charisma and he's good.

Eris aged up into the teenager and became neat, neat! (that's actually usual trait, because it allows a 1 click "clean the whole house" command)

So Jacob died so i should probably give a eulogy: you were nice sim to have around, you managed to create many beautiful sculptors, help take care of your 5 grandkids and your 2 sons, outlive your siblings by a large margin.

So Mars maxed Inventing.

And we quickly got a junkyard

And goes on plenty of awesome time traveling adventures
Unfornately we as the player can't follow along, other then text notifications so that will be happening OFF-SCREEN
He meant a bunch of hippies.
He worked on a medival farm as a farm hand, apparently hay is more comfortable then you except
And a he got a death flower seed as well.
Next installment of "Maid Unprofessional"

Reading the children to sleep WHILE on cleaning duty

Jupiter maxed Piano BTW, (I bet you didn't even know I was doing Piano not guitar for him, I'm only doing that to diverse the instruments I max), he just needs to be a one star celebrity, and thanks to my immigration that shouldn't take long after he becomes a young adult, probably should have showed a screenshot of that but OH WELL, this a quality LP.

Haumea ages up into a teenager, becomes a natural and GUESS who forgot to take a good picture AGAIN

Mars aged up to a Young Adult, reverts back to his father's hair style and became GOD drat IT DISCIPLINED STOP SHOWING UP.
That's my cue to end this update.

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012
Really enjoying this LP! You play The Sims much differently than most and I enjoy seeing it presented this way. Would def enjoy the science corner too. Do you need more name ideas? If so you could continue the Sailor Moon thing and start naming Sims after gemstones.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

SchrodingersFish posted:

Really enjoying this LP! You play The Sims much differently than most and I enjoy seeing it presented this way. Would def enjoy the science corner too. Do you need more name ideas? If so you could continue the Sailor Moon thing and start naming Sims after gemstones.

I will definitely continue the Sailor Moon thing and look into Gemstones and stuff when I run out of planets.

Science Corner will be on the way, I've already done some testing with althetics but more testing is need, they are a lot of variables to tests. (The different ways to gain athletic, the athletic trait, the fast learner LTR, and whether the gym makes a differences)

Sorry for the lack of updates in a little bit, thanksgiving season was taking a bit of my free time, plus my desktop mouse broke so I need to get a new mouse (I'm making this post on my laptop but all my screenshots are saved on my desktop so I can't make new updates without it), expect an update Sunday or Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

weso12 posted:

Sorry for the lack of updates in a little bit, thanksgiving season was taking a bit of my free time, plus my desktop mouse broke so I need to get a new mouse (I'm making this post on my laptop but all my screenshots are saved on my desktop so I can't make new updates without it), expect an update Sunday or Monday.

So um...
3 month later

Sorry about that, I don't even have a good excuse, I just procastinated so long that I tried to avoid thinking about this.

BTW I'm it's been a WHILE since i've actually played so this update is based on entirely me piecing together old screenshots and the last update

Also Mars Blake lifetime wish is Descedant of da Vinci

I got bored for half a second with Mars and made him look as feminine as possible

Then I decided against it and give another haircut to distingush him from his father

Eris maxed fishing and you might possibly know what that means if you have a REALLY good memory

We get to buy a fishing lot

I used Sim finder to create a sim, and I used relationship transmogrifier to make her friends with Mars, her name is Alicia Freeman

The two marry super quickly as this screenshot doesn't show

Alicia is a Star Quality, Family-Oriented, Artistic, Childish and Charismatic sim, 4 out of 5 good traits but minimal synergy.
Her life time wish is golden touch, golden fingers, her sign is Leo, and her favorites are Indie, Goopy Carbonara, and red

Mercury maxed Charisma and if you have a memory better than I (I had to check things to make sure), you know what that means.

It means we unlock the fortune telling place, called the "Gypsy Wagon", seems weird to me to name a lot in this game after an actual ethnic group, I don't wanna make this a huge thing, as far as I can tell i'm the first person to care. (At least they aren't events where they can steal babies or your stuff anything)

Jupiter aged into a young adulthood, and is now Inappropriate (which basically means that he will occasionally autonomously do inappropriate social interactions)

Also his lifetime wish is One Man Band but he won't complete it here

Mercury become a Horoscope Reader

Jupiter harrassed the celebrity neighbor who moved into one of the old spare houses and became a one star celebrity for his trouble which is enough for

I wanna say this is a dance club

Also Jupiter hasn't moved out yet because I don't have the money for that

Also thanks to her dad spaming sim finder and relationship transmorgifier for her, Ceres completed her life time wish of becoming super popular HOORAY

Alicia that is your balding brother in law

Ceres maxes Charisma

Alicia is pregnant

Ceres becomes a young adult and became Absent minded
(Also she did add a town hall i'm pretty sure but I guess i didn't have a screen shot of that)

Ceres moves out before Jupiter because Jupiter is making more money and I needed to raise money to move both out (In hindesight i could have moved them out together but w/e)

So um.. that's all I feel like covering in this part next time the next generation is born.