Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

I heard about that block on the radio.

Stupid poo poo on St. Brown.

I thought the guy's name was pretty neat so I looked it up and lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
I like how their father is just named "John"

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Phyein posted:

I like how their father is just named "John"

He was Mr. Universe twice. Apparently he picked their names because they were cool.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Strobe posted:

He was Mr. Universe twice. Apparently he picked their names because they were cool.

That they are. It's pretty funny that he arrived at some of the hotep-iest names possible on accident though.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1061768382922539009?s=20

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
How do Pats fans even get mad at anything anymore? Oh no, we might experience the football hellscape of reliving one of the :airquote: bad :airquote: playoff seasons from the last 15 years or some poo poo? We'll learn that entropy is still real even if you don't eat strawberries?

The answer is of course "Because Boston sports fans are the worst." On the upside the suicide rate in Boston once an entire generation experiences Truly poo poo Football for the first time is going to spike so fast they're going to call the CDC about it.

Crusty old swamp yankees meanwhile are going to turn on their tube TVs with rabbit ear antennas in 2024 and see the reincarnation of Tony Eason take 8 sacks in a game and go :corsair: "Ayup, seen that before."

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Holy poo poo, that lady looks so much like Mike McCarthy that I think it might be his long, lost daughter or something.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

LabyaMynora posted:

Holy poo poo, that lady looks so much like Mike McCarthy that I think it might be his long, lost daughter or something.

fat people all look the same

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Browns game was a joy to watch. Whoever said that basically everything went right for them is correct, it won't always happen like that for sure. Especially when you notice that there were several dumb fumbles that only blind chance kept in the Browns possession. So that needs to be cleaned up badly.

But finally we see an inkling of what this team can be when they actually execute with precision. Every position group looked better, the line looked solid in pass and run blocking. The WRs weren't great but actually caught some balls for once. Baker was killing it and I loved how he showed off his arm. He can really zip it when he's given decent lanes and clean looks, pushing the ball pretty far down the field. The touchdown pass was incredible, and just like we all thought Nick Chubb is good. Of course it was against a legitimately bad Falcons defense, so it's not a huge deal, but I think from the team's perspective this win was important.

The defensive line was solidly stifling the run and getting a lot of pressure on Ryan. Coverage was really good and basically forced Ryan to throw into double and triple coverage pretty frequently. This is what this team can do when there's a good game plan and everyone executes like they're supposed to. Very excited to keep watching Baker, I didn't agree with the pick at first but now I think he's the man and absolutely the right person to lead this team out of the basement. And I think he'll do it, eventually. This game is exactly what we needed to see from them and I'm sure it'll give the team more belief and confidence going forward. The Falcons aren't great this year but they're still a decent NFC team and beating them this soundly is a huge result from the Browns. I can't even remember the last time I've seen such a cleanly-executed Browns gameplan.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

I can't even remember the last time I've seen such a cleanly-executed Browns gameplan.

When they moved to Baltimore.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Well the Cowboys beat the Eagles yesterday. I don’t think anyone wanted that. The Eagles will squeak into the playoffs and that win will be highlighted on the Dallas schedule as evidence to keep Jason Garrett when the Cowboys go 8-8. Ugggh.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lote posted:

Well the Cowboys beat the Eagles yesterday. I don’t think anyone wanted that. The Eagles will squeak into the playoffs and that win will be highlighted on the Dallas schedule as evidence to keep Jason Garrett when the Cowboys go 8-8. Ugggh.

I dunno man. I kinda feel like the Eagles are not going to the playoffs this year, and unfortunately Washington will be the only NFC East playoff team.

They basically had to win this game, and they didn't even though it was one of the easiest left on their schedule. The injuries are stacking up and now they're like a full three games behind... I think they're done for this year basically.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The Cowboys are terrible team. I wish they would lose out so Garrett gets his rear end fired. You hosed his up Philadelphia and you need to fix it.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Surprisingly he used Imhotep before The Mummy came out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

latinotwink1997 posted:

Surprisingly he used Imhotep before The Mummy came out.

Look at this guy who doesnt know about Hoteps

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Equanimeous means "brother of Gods", Tristan is a hero from Arthurian legend, Imhotep basically calls to mind an extremely powerful ruler, and St. Brown is their last name but which obviously seems to connote something divine.

Basically, this dude's name is God Hero King Holy Oracle. I'm guessing his dad has a little ego problem maybe

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Play posted:

Equanimeous means "brother of Gods", Tristan is a hero from Arthurian legend, Imhotep basically calls to mind an extremely powerful ruler, and St. Brown is their last name but which obviously seems to connote something divine.

Basically, this dude's name is God Hero King Holy Oracle. I'm guessing his dad has a little ego problem maybe

only the kids have the last name St. Brown, the parent's last names are just Brown. Which I didn't know you could just do but apparently you can!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Barudak posted:

Bubba Ho-tep is the only Ho-tep you need to know about

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Alaois posted:

only the kids have the last name St. Brown, the parent's last names are just Brown. Which I didn't know you could just do but apparently you can!

You put whatever you want on that form and Donald Trump so far cant stop you

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Barudak posted:

Am I supposed to believe it was meant to be “I’m Hotep”?!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm naming my son Worship Me Puny Mortals Lest Ye Feel My Wrath and he's gonna sling that pigskin like nobody's business :colbert:

Vulgarian
Oct 2, 2011

Play posted:

It's way crazier than that, this is a profile of his brother but also revelatory about the whole family.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757232-meet-amon-ra-st-brown-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-2018-recruiting-class

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Azhais posted:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Utopian Mind posted:

It's way crazier than that, this is a profile of his brother but also revelatory about the whole family.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757232-meet-amon-ra-st-brown-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-2018-recruiting-class

This all kinda owns.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah reading that article he definitely comes off as an actually loving paternal figure who wanted to give his kids the best chance to succeed. One of the ways he did that was with memorable names that, in his own words, "would look cool on the back of a jersey."

Of course, the line between that kind of person and a controlling, abusive, constantly promotional father/trainer is pretty slim. But he doesn't seem like a really bad guy or anything, and it's cool that his kids speak French and German.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

wrong thread

D-LINK fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 13, 2018

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Please do not besmirch my future wife.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That girl's drunk from the night before.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

Wow you must be "woke" af

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't feel anything anymore. At least about football.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Azhais posted:

I choked up a bit at the end of that movie

Wasn’t expecting I’d have that reaction to a movie about Elvis and a black JFK battling a mummy in a retirement home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't feel anything anymore. At least about football.
Nick Mullens got let down by that guy who popped the ball up in the air for two Ints.

• Locked thread