Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm on holiday for the next week so won't be able to check for deliveries. I get home on Christmas Eve so let's hope for a miracle from Santa!

I believe you said there's an office or something at your address that can accept deliveries, right? Hopefully the gods of international customs will bless and favor your inbound gift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Leperflesh posted:

I believe you said there's an office or something at your address that can accept deliveries, right? Hopefully the gods of international customs will bless and favor your inbound gift.

Yeah there is. The question is if they decide to leave a notification slip in my mailbox or "forget".

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK kids, we're obviously well past the deadline, so let's see where we're at:

49 or 50 total fullfilled gifts completed and accounted for! This is good.

3 cases of recipient having 1 of 2 items/packages:
DigitalRaven, whose santa said a second thing, but I haven't seen a clear indication of whether it's shipped or when it should be expected;
NTRabbit's second item was lost by amazon.au; it has been dealt with, but a replacement item is known to be coming but late;
FewtureMD's bonus round 1; my notes just say received 1 of 2, so I don't know the status of a second item.

Some items I don't have clear statuses for:
AnAnonymousIdiot has emailed to say more packages have been located. I am not certain whether he has his main round gift(s); one for sure was delivered to his alternate address supplied, two others are listed as shipped but not yet verified received. Hopefully he'll be posting shortly to help fill in that info.
Atlas Hugged's gift is still showing as in-transit. Atlas is in Thailand and is receiving an internationally-shipped gift, with tracking, that was sent well in time, so we are simply at the mercy of the process there. I've seen the tracking so I know there's no grinching happening, although it sucks that AH didn't get a gift before leaving for his holiday break.
ibntumart possibly has received his bonus round 3 gift. I need clarity on that one.
JackMann has not yet received a bonus round 3 gift. Special dispensation was given for gifts to be a little late for bonus round 3, so this is not a Grinching either.

And that's it! So I think we're in pretty good shape. If I have any of this wrong, please let me know, because I always mess up one or two statuses here or there.

As always, please stick around with the thread until I close it if you can, it's nice for the final gift arrival Santees to have an audience.

I know some folks are likely to check out of the thread over the winter break, so I'll just mention this now: if you would like to receive an email reminder when I put up next year's secret santa thread, just ask and I'll add you to the Official TG Secret Santa Mailing List, which I only use once per year for this specific purpose and no other.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 22, 2018

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Thanks for arranging all this for another year, Leperflesh!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everybody!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

ibntumart possibly has received his bonus round 3 gift. I need clarity on that one.

I indeed have been thoroughly gifted for Lightning Round 3.

Leperflesh posted:

I know some folks are likely to check out of the thread over the winter break, so I'll just mention this now: if you would like to receive an email reminder when I put up next year's secret santa thread, just ask and I'll add you to the Official TG Secret Santa Mailing List, which I only use once per year for this specific purpose and no other.

Please add me to that list if I'm not on it yet! I'm glad I made it in time for bonus rounds, but next year I plan to be in on the ground level.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright, no problem, I've added you ibntumart.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Add me too! I didn't get one this year and was lucky enough to check before the deadline.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Can I get added in on the list, too?

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

Leperflesh posted:

Please add me to the email list as well!

And, of course, thanks again for organizing this.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
I'd like to be added, too - I hate missing out on these!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I too would like to be added.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Add me to the list please!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Add me to that list

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
As I was heading out for various things today, I noticed some boxes by the door! I immediately turned around to see what treasures awaited me.

Tron gives his blurry approval to the box after the customary sniff, so it was time to open it!

Why, dat's right orky, dat is! A megatrakk skrapjet, easily the coolest of the new ork buggies. Thanks, Ibn, your incorrect opinions on eldar notwithstanding!

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Add me to the Secret Santa List :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Add me too! I didn't get one this year and was lucky enough to check before the deadline.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Can I get added in on the list, too?

Rid posted:

Please add me to the email list as well!

And, of course, thanks again for organizing this.

Rhyos posted:

I'd like to be added, too - I hate missing out on these!

JackMann posted:

I too would like to be added.

Rhjamiz posted:

Add me to the list please!

LeSquide posted:

Add me to that list

SirFozzie posted:

Add me to the Secret Santa List :)

Added!

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Leperflesh posted:

I'd definitely enjoy a heads up so I don't come close to the wire on getting involved in the first round.

And huge thanks for all your work and effort in coordinating it!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Alright, let's have a look at what arrived in the mail.

We got an envelope,

A plain box

And a gift-wrapped box from Goon #2. Thanks so much for that! :)

Now let's open 'em.

The plain box and envelope both contain Glorantha Books! One for the Clanking City and the Guide to Glorantha! Sweet! I'm gonna crack these open for a read.

And the gift-wrapped box has a complete guide to learning Japanese! Awesome! I know what I'm gonna do for New Years!

Thank you guys so much! Happy new year guys!

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 24, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PST posted:

I'd definitely enjoy a heads up so I don't come close to the wire on getting involved in the first round.

And huge thanks for all your work and effort in coordinating it!

Added you to the list, and your'e welcome!

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Dunno why, but none of your imgur images seem to be loading.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Leperflesh posted:

Dunno why, but none of your imgur images seem to be loading.

It looks like the wrong URL for embedding. It should start "i.imgur" and I don't know what "/a/" is for but it doesn't show up in regular BBCode share links provided by imgur.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

That Old Tree posted:

It looks like the wrong URL for embedding. It should start "i.imgur" and I don't know what "/a/" is for but it doesn't show up in regular BBCode share links provided by imgur.

The /a/ means you're linking to an album instead of the picture, so BBcode probably doesn't know what to do with it. You can just remove the /a/ part and you'll have a good URL to feed in.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Glad you like the language book. I've tried a language learning app on the phone but bounced off after a while.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

We got an envelope,

A plain box

And a gift-wrapped box from Goon #2. Thanks so much for that! :)

Now let's open 'em.

The plain box and envelope both contain Glorantha Books! One for the Clanking City and the Guide to Glorantha! Sweet! I'm gonna crack these open for a read.

And the gift-wrapped box has a complete guide to learning Japanese! Awesome! I know what I'm gonna do for New Years!

Thank you guys so much! Happy new year guys!

The Hero's Guide is from me. Noble Knight wouldn't give the option to add a card or message.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright I believe all three of AnAnonymousIdiot's main round santas are accounted for as received! Unless one of you sent two gifts. But I'm marking all three as received, someone speak up if I got it wrong.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I hope you all have a good time, enjoy some good food, with some good company, and if there's time and inclination, perhaps a little trad gaming.

Happy Christmas and other Wintery Holidays, everyone!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, the day of Yule has arrived, and I had a package to open! Behold!

Thank you, santa! They seem to have the package inspection canine's approval.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Came home from my Christmas party last night to see a note on my mailbox informing me a package had arrived, but the office was already closed so I just had to wait until this morning to collect.

What could this little box contain?

Oh my! A very big spaceship for my growing Shaltari fleet. Most excellent!

Thank you anonymous goon! I look forward to conquering the skies above Bangkok with this badboy very soon.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
For posterity:

Pretty fun to assemble and paint. Thanks again anonymous goon!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I was in the middle of packing for my new year's holiday when I spotted customs dog Casper holding a package

It's from the Amazon returns department, so this must be the missing package

Cool, an interesting book! My brother sent me a different interesting book just yesterday too, so I am now properly sorted with stimulating reading material :buddy: Thanks again Maigius!

Maigius posted:

Tell Casper he's pretty.

He knows

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh, nice! I'm glad they finally got you that missing gift. Also Atlas that is some fast painting and a cool-looking ship!

I have also heard from DigitalRaven that he got his card.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Would it be possible to get myself added to the mailing list for next year? I figure having a secret Santa to look forward to will help me stick to my "buy less new games and play what I already have" resolution.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I wasn't expecting anything more (until Leperflesh pointed it out), but I got a While You Were Out card and made the trek to the Royal Mail delivery office. And so, a package arrived!

Package Inspector Sinister (image blurred for his security) took an interest...

But what's inside? A hand-drawn mech on the cover? This looks like it might be fun...

It is a hand-written, bespoke gamebook. This is loving amazing!! I absolutely adore it! Thank you so much, Santa. You're a scholar and a gentle person and you have made my Christmas after a week around my family.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
That is amazing and kudos to that Santa for coming up with it.

Please add me to the mailing list for next year!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm not gonna lie. I love the whole deal of this, I love giving people stuff, and I love watching people being delighted by their gifts, but one of my favorite things in this thread are pictures of our various furry postal inspectors.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

JackMann posted:

I'm not gonna lie. I love the whole deal of this, I love giving people stuff, and I love watching people being delighted by their gifts, but one of my favorite things in this thread are pictures of our various furry postal inspectors.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

JackMann posted:

:yeah:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Redundant posted:

Would it be possible to get myself added to the mailing list for next year? I figure having a secret Santa to look forward to will help me stick to my "buy less new games and play what I already have" resolution.

Sure thing, Redundant! But you'll need to send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com so I will have your email address to add to the list.

As of right now, these are the only remaining open items in my Spreadsheet of Cheer for 2018:
fr0id got a gift, but hadn't opened it, I think waiting for xmas day. fr0id, we'd love to see what you got!
FewtureMD had one of two parts of their gift marked as delivered by Amazon, but we have not verified that FewtureMD actually got it! I sent emails on December 11th and December 23rd, but have not yet gotten a response. FewtureMD, we'll assume you got your secon present but we'd really prefer to know for sure!

...and that's it! No grinches that I know of, everyone should be fully Santeed. I love being able to say that before the end of the year! If I'm wrong, please send me an email and let me know what's up.

Thanks again to everyone who participated. I love doing this every year. If you have any feedback or issues you'd like to complain about, now is a good time to post or to send an email.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Even though participation seems to be trending down, this was a really good year of Secret Santa. Thanks again, LF!

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Leperflesh posted:

Sure thing, Redundant! But you'll need to send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com so I will have your email address to add to the list.
Awesome, email sent. If there are any problems let me know.

Now I need to find a suitably cute security officer before this time next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Happy new year! Secret Santa is officially over, with zero Grinches. See you all in next year's thread!