Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Jonny 290 posted:

speaking of monitors

check out this crash cart im picking up tomorrow

gonna bolt up my big rear end rack mixer and use the monitor as my twitch gui

i thought this was a guillotine at first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

eschaton posted:

we just got an RTX 2080 Ti direct from Nvidia with no hassle whatsoever

much easier than finding someone selling one for a markup

Yeah but that's just the crappy standard one. The EVGA FTW3 is top binned silicon and has the standard clock speed set higher out of the box!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i got the 1060 6gb it’s ok I guess

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
lol that's almost as much gb as my laptop.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

converting it into one would be pretty rad tbh, and also useful and ironic once computer touchers finally get what they deserve

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i call it the cyberguillotine

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i call it the cyberguillotine

use it as punishment for the capitalists: they deserve the guillotine, but we all know that it's actually wrong to do it. so instead, drag them out into a public square, strap them into a guillotine with vr goggles, and make them experience the french revolution vr experience with haptic feedback while we jeer at them.

everyone can watch and it will be a huge spectacle. afterwards we take all of their money and they can finally join society.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
also computer touchers have to go through it too but maybe we can all have a laugh about it so it wont be too bad

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

use it as punishment for the capitalists: they deserve the guillotine, but we all know that it's actually wrong to do it. so instead, drag them out into a public square, strap them into a guillotine with vr goggles, and make them experience the french revolution vr experience with haptic feedback while we jeer at them.

everyone can watch and it will be a huge spectacle. afterwards we take all of their money and they can finally join society.

i dunno about this, apparently one of the most popular attraction at davos is the "refugee experience" where they get to crawl through stuff and what-not to simulate the authentic experience of losing everything you've ever known. so they might enjoy it

not the second part though

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i dunno about this, apparently one of the most popular attraction at davos is the "refugee experience" where they get to crawl through stuff and what-not to simulate the authentic experience of losing everything you've ever known. so they might enjoy it

maybe it would work better if we take their money first

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

echinopsis posted:

i got the 1060 6gb it’s ok I guess

yeah it's been doing me well for the past couple years

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
was kinda hoping for a bigger jump from the r9 270 but honestly not unhappy with it at all plus the 6gb is a huge boost and the rendering performance in blender is epic as gently caress

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

:whitewater:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

oh my god

rackmount guillotines

yesss

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

a whole new meaning to headless server

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
guillotines own but i wish there were more footage of them.

only one you really can find is Weidmann's execution.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the revolution will not be televised

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

only one you really can find is Weidmann's execution.

actually snuff films are gross and hosed up

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i also have the 1060 6gb and if you're doing 1920x1080 output there is zero reason for anything more expensive. i get 60+ fps in every modern game with all the settings maxed.

if vr headsets ever get to a point where they're sharp enough to read the cockpit gauges in a flight simulator, which will probably be at least 4mp per eye, then i might start thinking about getting some monster card to drive it at 90fps

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
I have had an RX480 8GB for years now and I'd like to actually get something better for occasional rendering/some more demanding games but man do these prices still just make me give up on the whole idea.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Achmed Jones posted:

actually snuff films are gross and hosed up

the guillotine would be a more effective deterrent if people knew what they looked like in action

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the revolution will not be televised

true

these days it would be streamed on twitch with highlights on youtube

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The_Franz posted:

true

these days it would be streamed on twitch with highlights on youtube

louis pregnant antoinette du barry guillotine finger family 03_216.flv

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i have an r7 265 and im just waiting for integrated graphics to catch up to that so i can replace my whole computer with a mini itx shitbox

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just get a webtv old man

pram
Jun 10, 2001

fart simpson posted:

im just waiting for integrated graphics to catch up

lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

integrated graphics are usually fine for fortnite or wow or whatever

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

[ask] me about raiding on my gma950 MacBook that the Ethernet would fail on if it got too hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

:smugmrgw: