Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fsif posted:

How many goddamn seasons do we need to keep loving this Mike McCarthy chicken pig?

The pig has been thoroughly hosed

RIP Crimson Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Weird seeing clearly targeted boomer-advertising these days.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Whew! Haven't seen victory formation in a while.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Good thing they didn't waste their last timeout on challenging that game changing reception.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

Fat Mike should be fired after deciding to punt.

I would not think it was an overreaction if they fired him first thing tomorrow morning.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Play posted:

i try to avoid it when i can

Then why do you act like you know everything about them in the nfcn thread

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
That punt was the dumbest poo poo. Missing a handful of defensive starters, only one timeout left, sure let's punt when it's obvious 4 down territory

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Spudsly posted:

Good thing they didn't waste their last timeout on challenging that game changing reception.

Yes, that, too.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LabyaMynora posted:

I would not think it was an overreaction if they fired him first thing tomorrow morning.

My only reservation with a midseason firing is that it likely means Pettine is interim coach and I think he's much better suited to a DC role

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Well Packers fans if it's any consolation we'll still probably finish 8-8 at best

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

man rodgers really needs to get out of there

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Manoueverable posted:

Well Packers fans if it's any consolation we'll still probably finish 8-8 at best

We might not make that

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Fenrir posted:

We might not make that

not with that tie you wont

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/1063284822460624896?s=19

Fat Mike gonna be gone

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Is Rogers' knee still wonky? Might as well sit him for the rest of the season if so.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
We all say McCarthy will be gone, but this is the Packers so of course if it does happen it won't be during the season.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly do try to avoid knee jerk reactions but there's just no excusing that punt. I wouldn't be upset if McCarthy was fired this week.

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
I dunno, I think Fat Mike is doing a great job. Keep him for 4 or 5 more years, just to be sure.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

My only reservation with a midseason firing is that it likely means Pettine is interim coach and I think he's much better suited to a DC role

They'd go with Philbin. I don't like it, but it's a Packers thing to do.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

We all say McCarthy will be gone, but this is the Packers so of course if it does happen it won't be during the season.

Ted Thompson isn't the GM anymore so...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Is Mike McCarthy actually Jason Garrett?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Is Rogers' knee still wonky? Might as well sit him for the rest of the season if so.

This was some next-level thinking by McCarthy. If you have the lead in the ball, you might need to kneel out the clock. Obviously you can't risk Aaron Rodgers's knee in that situation.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/StartKyleOrton/status/1063286578381012992

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Shinjobi posted:

Is Mike McCarthy actually Jason Garrett?

Probably worse.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I actually had to stop and think whether this guy meant Holmgren or Sherman

Boy oh boy

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Define waste, they have rings

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've only been following football for like five years, but the Hawks are geniuses when they win and doofuses when they lose and I guess yay for being geniuses today?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Athanatos posted:

Define waste, they have rings

Two full Hall of Fame(okay one and a % for rodgers) Top 5 QB of all time careers with 2 rings.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Mike McCarthy is a moderately more successful Jeff Fischer

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Guze posted:

Mike McCarthy is a moderately more successful Jeff Fischer

wow, takes coming in hot.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Holmgren didn't waste his. He got back and then Elway hulked out.

McCarthy just got lucky the first time.

Seriously do not understand punting when the entire interior dline is out and the already thin secondary is missing players but meh, at least McCarthy should be toast

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Ted Thompson isn't the GM anymore so...

Doesn't Fat Mike serve at the pleasure of Murphy, the President?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

Doesn't Fat Mike serve at the pleasure of Murphy, the President?

I'm not totally sure how the hiring is going to work now, but my guess is Gutey will have the preliminary say and Murphy has veto power