Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Management posted:

the last thing I want is to janitor my home networking equipment. that’s why I liked the airports.

r u ready to WALK posted:

airtunes on the airport express was awesome, it even had optical output and supports lossless audio

sure you can do the same thing with the appletv but the express had a beautiful simplicity

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
lol @ needing a special app for your router you totally don't have to babysit all the time.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
you don't op, you only need to run it one time to change the settings. but go off

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

bobbilljim posted:

you don't op, you only need to run it one time to change the settings. but go off

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i will use my long cat airport extreme until the fucker dies. its a solid piece of equipment and i curse tim at breakfast every morning for killing it

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013

Last Chance posted:

i will use my long cat airport extreme until the fucker dies. its a solid piece of equipment and i curse tim at breakfast every morning for killing it

literally naughtliss' stance at the moment

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
rip using 10.0.1.0/8 for your three iphones, two apple watches, and half a dozen iot thingys

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
AirPort was good and all but their wireless repeater system was one of the great technological unfulfilled promises, and I never heard anything other than complaints from people who declined to have ethernet installed when they built their McMansions.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Last Chance posted:

the only thing they skimped on was the USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0

512 MB RAM, 128 MB of Flash, second-generation 1.1 GHz dual core Broadcom CPU, 3X3 MIMO, beam forming

Refurb price towards the end was a steal at $129 for 802.11ac...

never seen a connect rate (in my hovel) less than 585 Mbps..

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

guys were selling them for $50 at the MIT flea earlier this year, probably less now.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

how big is your extreme stack?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

how big is your extreme sack?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

that’s not an accurate quote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DJ Commie posted:

rip using 10.0.1.0/8 for your three iphones, two apple watches, and half a dozen iot thingys

:thunk:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

i now use a Fritz!Box!

imagine having this beautiful thing on display for all to see!

Just imagine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
AVM are great, because they support their products with updates for years.

• Locked thread